SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
I feel like Sony is gonna tie this into MCU Spider-Man. There's absolutely no reason for them not to

Venom is the cumulative effort of the Symbiote and Brock to assuage their mutual hatred of Peter Parker/Spidey

"But this was a shadow filled with light. It clarified my anguish, focused my purpose. Its hatred for you matched my own."

That was the reason for his existence; any additional depth/development should come after the Spider-Man narrative has run its course and Brock is able to come into his own as an anti-hero

Last edited:
I honestly do not remember ASM2 being widely hated as a film, I think many just soured because someone kept saying it's a masterpiece and just stopped being reasonable on why :lol:
It wasn't widely hated at all. They both were just huge disappointments. Especially coming off of SM3.
First one had the lame malformed lizard, ridiculous emphasis on his parents not Uncle Ben, and that lame construction workers need to help Spidey web sling in NYC:smh:

But itwsdnt horrible so sorta like a shaky Batman movie or the first Cap ppl can overall give that pass and look forward to a sequel.

ASM2, :smh: :x The disappointments and let downs. Rushed Gwen death, horrible motivation for Harry Osborn becoming the Green Goblin, and a completely baseless and not good origin/main story for Electro. Not to mention continued focus on Peter's dead scientist father that has secret NYC subway science labs and ****.

They were on their way to FoX-Men'ing their Spidey franchise with the spinoffs they had planned at the time.

ASM2 wasn't widely hated at all, matter of fact it was quite the opposite. Once the movie was heading toward making less the ASM1 that's when the hate settled in. Initially when I proclaimed it a masterpiece almost no one disagreed :rolleyes

Idk... the symiote going to Spider-Man first is just something special.

That's how it acquires the powers.
I can ignore this detail (until I see what it's replaced with) and the symbiote can just get Spider powers a different way if it does at all.

Venom is the cumulative effort of the Symbiote and Brock to assuage their mutual hatred of Peter Parker/Spidey

"But this was a shadow filled with light. It clarified my anguish, focused my purpose. Its hatred for you matched my own."

That was the reason for his existence; any additional depth/development should come after the Spider-Man narrative has run its course and Brock is able to come into his own as an anti-hero
Eh, they can do that story later.

I mean yall are putting a lot of emphasis on the origin and the hype around that but there isn't one classic Venom story after that whole symbiote hates Spider-Man because he rejected it and Eddie hates him cuz he's a loser lunatic that made shortcuts and faked **** with his job and blamed all of his problems on Spidey.

I'm pretty sure there's a better story they can do now that Tom's involved.

All that Spidey hate can still happen.

Last edited:
Crazy DC, Marvel and Fox all wanted this guy at one point or another and Sony is who locks him in

Everyone is asking about Spider-Man's involvement which should be a clear sign to Sony to not do anything stupid and have the story be set in MCU Spider-Man's world. Much to the dismay of Avi Arad he's gonna be forced to have Feige's input ESPECIALLY when those opening weekend numbers for Spiderman homecoming come back and are huge

To be fair I do have an open mind to this and will gauge my interest based on the first images or trailer

Also it's pretty much unanimous that Tom Hardy is a fantastic actor and could play a great Venom

But I just feel like in an era where Spider-Man is in the MCU and will not graduate high school for at least two IRL years, making a Venom movie starring a Venom character that is exclusive of Spidey's little internal metaverse is silly

This is like X-Men movie timeline silly

Last edited:
Everyone is asking about Spider-Man's involvement which should be a clear sign to Sony to not do anything stupid and have the story be set in MCU Spider-Man's world. Much to the dismay of Avi Arad he's gonna be forced to have Feige's input ESPECIALLY when those opening weekend numbers for Spiderman homecoming come back and are huge
I think you're confused about which producers have a problem with who or at least who still has problems with each other.

Besides there's a ticking time clock on the deal for Spidey's involvement in the MCU.

Sony execs, especially the new guys in charge who didn't make the deal can cut all ties or make it a must that their spinoffs exist in the MCU if that's the selling point.

This is why I'm not a fan of making these deals and am in favor of rights reverting. No dumbasses you have to deal with or the potential threat of your brand being diluted by possible lesser work.

Its also why I don't understand why you think it's a good thing if guys like Kinberg and Singer have any say what goes on in the MCU :x , just to get the F4 and what comes with them.

Last edited:

I think you're confused about which producers have a problem with who or at least who still has problems with each other.

Besides there's a ticking time clock on the deal for Spidey's involvement in the MCU.

Sony execs, especially the new guys in charge who didn't make the deal can cut all ties or make it a must that their spinoffs exist in the MCU if that's the selling point.

This is why I'm not a fan of making these deals and am in favor of rights reverting. No dumbasses you have to deal with or the potential threat of your brand being diluted by possible lesser work.

Its also why I don't understand why you think it's a good thing if guys like Kinberg and Singer have any say what goes on in the MCU :x , just to get the F4 and what comes with them.

But think about it from a fan and an executive standpoint Zik. It's not a matter of how but WHY would you do a Venom film without Spider-Man. Thats like doing an Uncle Ben solo film without Spider-Man, no one will care and everyone will question it. Venom is too synonymous with Spider-Man and a huge part of his mythos. As an executive you have already handicapped the film by not including Spider-Man let alone having to find a reasonable script to where you could explain his origins and not include Spider-Man. Everything is really predicated on the success of Homecoming I feel like. Sony would be beyond foolish to not capitalize on Homecomings success even if it meant having to force themselves to get input from Feige and Co. but I wouldn't put it past Sony to do something that stupid. All I know is that as a fan as much as I like the Hardy casting I will not watch this film if it isn't directly linked to MCU spidey. I worked too hard bringing that deal together to support this foolishness Arad and Ziskin are pulling over there :lol:

if sony connects Venom to spiderman in any way they can expand on their own universe...it can be subtitle, but it haaaaaas to Happen.

[emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

At that casting director. We're finally gonna get a badass Venom.

if sony connects Venom to spiderman in any way they can expand on their own universe...it can be subtitle, but it haaaaaas to Happen.

It has to be connected. I know it's early but it just doesn't make sense to me if it's not. The symbiotic connection to Spiderman needs to be at the core of the Venom character. At least in the beginning. It doesn't have to be all about that, but it needs to be there. I just don't see how Venom is Venom without the initial connection to Spiderman. Only way I can see it working in my head is if for some reason in Infinity War Spidey comes by the symbiote and discovers how it's different only to find that's it's changing him. Once he discovers that, he gets rid of it. Problem with that is that's a story arc within a bigger movie that could feel shoehorned in. With them getting Tom Hardy, it seems like they're making it a priority for it to be a good film, but idk. Most likely they're gonna change a lot of stuff.

Last edited:
Even if Sony wants to have all the say in the Venom film, why would hey let there deal with Marvel go to waste. They can have Marvel do all the setup for the Symbiote on their own dime and Sony can reap all the benefits for the solo Venom film

Last edited:
Wasn't there a pic floating around with Tom Holland on the set of IW with mocap stuff all over him :nerd:

Ye he had a little mo cap, but I wouldn't look into it much. Probably a suit from Stark to be in space

Back
Top Bottom