SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
I think you're confused about which producers have a problem with who or at least who still has problems with each other.

Besides there's a ticking time clock on the deal for Spidey's involvement in the MCU.

Sony execs, especially the new guys in charge who didn't make the deal can cut all ties or make it a must that their spinoffs exist in the MCU if that's the selling point.

This is why I'm not a fan of making these deals and am in favor of rights reverting. No dumbasses you have to deal with or the potential threat of your brand being diluted by possible lesser work.

Its also why I don't understand why you think it's a good thing if guys like Kinberg and Singer have any say what goes on in the MCU :x , just to get the F4 and what comes with them.

But think about it from a fan and an executive standpoint Zik. It's not a matter of how but WHY would you do a Venom film without Spider-Man.
I've said before I believe not just Venom but all Spidey spinoffs are gonna eventually invoke Holland's Spidey and if things get renewed leave a backdoor to MCU connections.

I'm mostly referring to the pros and cons given we're already in this situation. A couple months back it was reported about the limit of this Spidey MCU deal. Key things namely being the person who help craft no longer is running that dept. or is even with Sony. Then the ppl in charge are not even in love with it and are back to pressing the issue of expanding the universe so they can possibly languish lie FoX-Men and DC. Their history has been shaky but at least with Hardy I can be very hopeful which is why I'm giving them a chance and ignoring reports about no Spidey yet and not in the MCU. There's more than one way to tell a good story which is why I don't get why so many are hung up on sequence of events. If Hardy is Brock, there is no Spidey and Venom dynamic like the comics. It just harkens back to earlier days where teenage Spidey was beating up grown and old men in costumes. I don't think it's a smart move to force that dynamic of they're trying to grow the anti-hero Venom franchise. A scene of a grown *** Brock menacingly eat Aunt May's wheatcakes after lying about being a friend of Peter's does not work. So a lot of elements from the comics or animated series won't work.
Thats like doing an Uncle Ben solo film without Spider-Man, no one will care and everyone will question it.
I guess you forgot these are the same ppl who were considering an Aunt May solo where she was a spy or some **** and Spider-Man wssnt in it due to the time period

Venom is too synonymous with Spider-Man and a huge part of his mythos.
This would be like saying Deadpool is too synomous with X-Force and Cabke so Cable has to be in the first movie

You're ignoring the whole reason why they're doing the spin-off in thenirst place.
As an executive you have already handicapped the film by not including Spider-Man let alone having to find a reasonable script to where you could explain his origins and not include Spider-Man.
This is exaggeration or you think creative writing is akin to learning quantum physics.
Everything is really predicated on the success of Homecoming I feel like.
I don't see how it still matters now. Its pretty much be guarantee the movie will do great which is why they already restarted their spin-off plans and have already started casting and we'd getting cool stuff like today. Expect the Silver Sable casting possibly before the end of the year.

to get input from Feige and Co. but I wouldn't put it past Sony to do something that stupid.
Key thing there; input from Feige and co. These Sony guys don't want their hand held by him or anybody else. They want to make successful movies on their merits. The Spidey deal is pretty simple. Sony keeps all profit from Spidey movies set in the MCU, Spidey features/cameos in MCU movies, Feige and co. have complete creative control.

Its not every day a studio fully capable of producing creative entertainment yields that to another studio. Why do you think whose run ing the show would then also say hey Feige why don't you take a crack at all of these other potential Spidey related ips while you're at it?

All I know is that as a fan as much as I like the Hardy casting I will not watch this film if it isn't directly linked to MCU spidey.
Speaking of foolishness :lol:

You know you watching it regardless.

Imagine if you were this stringent and pious about the changes in the MCU from the comics.

So if we don't see mocap on Captain America or Black widow then what
nerd.gif

:lol: as in breathing in space guys. Cap, Hawkeye, Black Widow. They need space suits too right?

Or is Spider-Man the only one with special mocap :nerd:

Last edited:
Could it be possible that Sony gave up spidey in exchange to get villains to boost the mcu while bringing sonys rep back up?

Could it be possible that Sony gave up spidey in exchange to get villains to boost the mcu while bringing sonys rep back up?
No and what villains?

Other than Kingpin who was stolen from Spidey in the dead of night what MCU villains would Sony need?

They have the entire Sinister 6 at their disposal. Hell they have the Sinister 12. They have all of Spidey's villains and d-level anti-heroes. From prominent ones like Black Cat to lesser knowns like Silver Sable. They have properties they can dust off like Spider-Man & the Outlaws, Sable's Wildpack, the Prowler, ******* Rocket Racer. They can make a comedy out of the Legion of Losers.

Sony's always had the characters to work with they just didn't have the right ppl. They technically still don't have their own producer with a vision runnning the show which is why the bent the knee after unerachieving with the underwhelming Spidey movies.

I know IM made his suit and all ... but I don't know how i feel about it being all techy and ****

drones and parachute and his own jarvis/friday?

I mean Peter was already a tech genius in his own right that made spider tracers and drones and could make web parachutes.

The only justification I have regarding the hi tech suit is that he's limited to resources however, i think it would've been plausible for him to build the things himself, since he knows Tony Stark and could've maybe had access to a lab? we'll see how it goes though. I'm not too fond of the jarvis thing either, I'd rather peter talk to himself like he normally does :lol:

Yea. I would rather have Pete talk to himself too :lol:

But Holland is killing it.
Garfield didn't seem funny at all or witty. He came off as a douche at times.

Yeah I was a fan of Garfield, but Holland makes both Garfield and Tobey rather amateursish

Tom Hardy would be more suited for Flash Thompson instead, IMO. This might be an unpopular opinion, but it would be great under the MCU for new direction for a Thunderbolts movie post Infinity War and Defenders. MCU already has Elektra (DD), Punisher (DD), Ghost Rider (AoSHIELD) and potential Red Hulk (Ross in Civil War/Incredible Hulk) and SHIELD.

Last edited:
Tom Hardy would be more suited for Flash Thompson instead, IMO. This might be an unpopular opinion, but it would be great under the MCU for new direction for a Thunderbolts movie post Infinity War and Defenders. MCU already has Elektra (DD), Punisher (DD), Ghost Rider (AoSHIELD) and potential Red Hulk (Ross in Civil War/Incredible Hulk) and SHIELD.

me and the homie spoke about this the other day. maybe bringing Brock into the MCU as a government agent working under General Ross. would be interesting..

Back
Top Bottom