SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
^ ^ ^
because it was a response to a backlash

and then Tony being Macgyver than actually IM was annoying especially when he had an army of suits on deck

I never had a real complaint with the previous posters but if Marvel was sitting on this the whole time :smh:

I know, I'm just saying they released the image before just not in poster form and changed up a bit.

The backgrounds more accurate to the OG comic though, even some of the captions.

Last edited:
I know, I'm just saying they released the image before just not in poster form and changed up a bit.

The backgrounds more accurate to the OG comic though, even some of the captions.

Lol that good ol Avengers Tower, I love it!

Last edited:
im a spiderman fan but ive been disappointed in the previous ones so im not really excited for this

for people like me is this worth a ticket or should i wait til it hits the internet? :lol:

im a spiderman fan but ive been disappointed in the previous ones so im not really excited for this

for people like me is this worth a ticket or should i wait til it hits the internet?
laugh.gif
Worth the ticket.

As a Spidey fan, you should do yourself a service and watch the movie in theater.

Last edited:
Just saw it. I really enjoyed it. Not sure where I'd rank it in the MCU, but my favorite Spidey film probably.

Can anyone tell me what the first credits scene was alluding too?

Man if you're a comic fan just keep your eyes peeled the whole time. There are so many small Easter eggs in there, both from classic and ultimate spidey.

and open your ears, some of them you might miss as the theater laughs though or claps

the audience clapped seeing Childish Gambino in the film :lol:

IM3 was such a disappointment. Fake Mandarin only to find out a 'real' Mandarin is lurking out in the MCU. Cmon now.

^ ^ ^
because it was a response to a backlash

and then Tony being Macgyver than actually IM was annoying especially when he had an army of suits on deck

I watched the movie with commentary just to try to understand what Shane Black and his boy were thinking making this movie and these clowns literally say they change things just because they thought it was clever. As a matter of fact, it's like they're just trolling you the entire time during their commentary. How did Fiege think anything they said was a good idea :smh: :smh: :smh:

This is why my excitement for the next Predator movie isn't high at all but I'll keep my opinions on that inside that thread :lol:

Midlife Gambino was actually pretty funny in this film. As much as I hate Miles, him being the ultimate Prowler and the Miles reference was cool. It was just one of those little moments that isn't meant to be major but the movie does so right. The fact that he's in this film as a reference to him campaigning all those years ago was just another perfect addition of fan service.

Last edited:

Probably gonna catch the Saturday afternoon showing.

Can't wait. 
pimp.gif

JFK closing down has real killed shhh for me.. I hate going to movies at the mall

I'm hoping a good copy hits the web and it gets to island house in less than a month.. island house way to expensive, but least ain't gotta deal with the mall
The Mall location is literally around the corner from me, so that's the one I frequent.

I feel you on going to movies at the Mall. I usually try to get the earliest showing possible 

There's suppose to be an IMAX theater opening soon.

Midlife Gambino was actually pretty funny in this film. As much as I hate Miles, him being the ultimate Prowler and the Miles reference was cool. It was just one of those little moments that isn't meant to be major but the movie does so right. The fact that he's in this film as a reference to him campaigning all those years ago was just another perfect addition of fan service.
Yeah, I'm glad he was in this film.

Still would have been cool if he was casted as Miles Morales though.

Probably gonna catch the Saturday afternoon showing.

Can't wait. :pimp:  

JFK closing down has real killed shhh for me.. I hate going to movies at the mall

I'm hoping a good copy hits the web and it gets to island house in less than a month.. island house way to expensive, but least ain't gotta deal with the mall

The Mall location is literally around the corner from me, so that's the one I frequent.

I feel you on going to movies at the Mall. I usually try to get the earliest showing possible 

There's suppose to be an IMAX theater opening soon.

I hate going to the mall.. HATE

JFK was cool since it was right around the corner and no one was hardly there, big surprise it got shut down

I have no cool how the imax is going work.. figure they'll charge at least US imax prices and I don't know if 20 for a movie is going fly down here

But pretty sure it's supposed to be a whole entertainment thing along with the IMAX.. so we'll see how that goes and if it lasts

With island house, that theater is just an added deal for them.. they arent really expecting that to bring in huge profits or anything.. just something else for guests and folks in lyford and old fort to do

But yea, if I ever mess with the mall gotta be a random times.. or what til the movie is couple weeks old.. I might end up just waiting til it hits island house

Supposed to be going there Monday to catch GOTG vol 2, again

Last edited:
holding out for them bags

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Director Jon Watts Hasn't Signed Up To Direct The Sequel

in a new interview with Entertainment Weekly, the filmmaker has confirmed that nothing is official in regards to returning and that he's not signed on for the sequel...yet.

"For me it’s one movie at a time," he revealed. "I can’t wait to see [Avengers] Infinity War because I know what they’re doing but I don’t know the specifics. I feel like with Tom and with Spider-Man in this Marvel universe we’re just scratching the surface of what we can do."

Tom Holland, on the other hand, seems far more confident about the director making his return for the 2019 release. "[Watts] is coming back for the next one," he insisted. "We can’t do another Spider-Man movie without Jon Watts."

Best Marvel movie in awhile personally.

Holland and Keaton were fantastic in both their normal and hero/villain roles. Ned and Zendaya were such a great compliment to Peter.

I don't feel it's good to tie a director up for 3 films of this type of caliber. I feel if let's say they (the studio) have a number of films in mind for a hero they should have the original director get to make the 2nd then have an opt out option with input on a 3rd

I feel that these type of movies fatigue a director and the product suffers. There's obvious other factors like story and writing but it's the directors vision that we end up seeing. SM3 probably could have been a better flick if Raimi had input and not full directorial control. Ala Nolan and Snyder.

I liked the action sequences, Jon Watts did Spider Man justice however I feel they need to improve the web swinging. I really loved that they tackled the issue of what is Spidey gonna do when there are no skyscrapers to swing from, but the web swinging we got was enh, IMO the best and possibly most accurate web swinging was done in ASM.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom