SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Homecoming 2 villain opinions? I say we have a poll. My vote is for Kraven

Umm didn't the after credit kinda dictate that.. and then heard/listened that it could be oscorp purchasing the avengers tower

Then the tinkerer is still out there, right?

Feige said they wanted to focus on villains we haven't seen on the big screen yet, or at least that is what they prefer to do so Osborne might be a longshot at this point, at least for the immediate sequel.

“We haven’t talked about that. What’s fun about this is it’s the first time Spider-Man is in the MCU. And the first time he’s played by an actor who is the age, essentially, Spidey was in the comics for so long. And, as Michael Keaton does with the Vulture, we get to explore villains we haven’t seen before. Spidey has an amazing rogues gallery, so at some point I think it might be interesting to revisit some of the characters we’ve seen in films before, but right now, we think there are a lot of new ones we haven’t played with yet.”

Last edited:
Umm didn't the after credit kinda dictate that.. and then heard/listened that it could be oscorp purchasing the avengers tower

Then the tinkerer is still out there, right?

Feige said they wanted to focus on villains we haven't seen on the big screen yet, or at least that is what they prefer to do so Osborne might be a longshot at this point, at least for the immediate sequel.

I highly doubt we see Sinister 6 in the sequel. It was just hinted.

The Oscorp thing is speculation.

Sinister 6 ain't happening for a couple movies, at the least.. this ain't whatever was going on in ASM2

the scene where spidey was trying to carry the debris reminded me of this issue

movie was great,
seeing that Black Panther preview on the big screen :pimp:
:lol: I was tripping out because there were so many Sony previews and I couldn't figure out why until the opening started

Nacho :pimp: glad this dude is getting some shine

I really don't have any complaints I do think this is better than Spiderman 2, just because I never thought in a million years we'd get IM and SM in the same movie and have it be legit
- I'm really glad they addressed why they were watching CA fitness challenges after the events of CW
- This movie made me want an IM 4 soooo bad, face lit up not just with Tony's appearances, but Happy and then Pepper
- :wow: :pimp: at Tony putting that Ferry back together in like 10 seconds, shows that Avenger is a standard in quality of superhero man

best scene in the movie imo.. when he was crying for help it really showed how lacking he was as a super hero.

loved the movie overall. only thing i wasnt feeling was shocker... like c'mon man... 

excited to see scorpion as well.

BOX OFFICE: SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Spectacularly Exceeds Expectations With $125+ Million

Spider-Man: Homecoming has been tracking bigger and bigger all week but after recent figures pointed to a debut somewhere in the $100 million range, the latest numbers now point to the reboot scoring a three-day haul of between $125 million - $127 million. That's the second-biggest domestic opening of all-time for Sony Pictures and the second biggest opening weekend out of the six Spider-Man movies.

Ditkos cool but McFarlane > ... to me at least

webpits are a cool addition to the costume for sure but not a fan of those black bands and how his webshooters aren't hidden

not hidden webshooters is fine...black bands? ehh....and imma 80's baby....giant eyes established by McFarlane and continued by Bagley >*

Yall still hyping up Spider-Man films where the webs come from a magic hole in his wrist and he's crying over the girl of his dreams that smashed everyone but him?

Y'all better recognize greatness.

spider-man 2 > homecoming..and once da new car smell fades away everyone will agree.

its somewhat spider-man tradition to have him "struggling" to lift heavy objects.

1465402-spidey_277.jpg

Last edited:
Nah. Just sinister 6 teasing. It's possible since it was said they're gonna use a never before used villain

And nah, Spiderman 2 benefits the same way the Dark Knight does in which the villain is "great". Outside of that, I never liked the movie like most have. I never liked Tobey and never liked snaggletooth. Watts captured Parker and Spiderman perfectly.

Last edited:
Loved the movie. A couple things:

Pros:
- Liked the kid in high school life type movie mixed with the classic MCU movie feel and action
- Didn't mind the Ultimate Spidey set up with the MCU using Peter. Fits well in MCU.
- Vulture was dope, best Spider-Man movie villain so far.
- Potential Scorpion is interesting
- Funny second end credits scene
- Classic Spider-Man melody

Cons (almost none):
- Wish he were into photography like classic Peter, it wouldn't be so Ultimate. Again, isn't bad, but a classic Spidey feel would be nice other than the name attached to it.
- Wheres the Spider-Sense?
- Technology in the suit.

Just came out the 3rd viewing of the film. This film is just movie magic man.

My theater was completely full and this was an 11am showing that was standard screening at that. I literally had to sit in the very first row and still enjoyed the film even more than my first and second viewing. I think this film is gonna end up doing around 150 mil this weekend. I don't know what's stronger, the film or the word of mouth

Just came out the 3rd viewing of the film. This film is just movie magic man.

My theater was completely full and this was an 11am showing that was standard screening at that. I literally had to sit in the very first row and still enjoyed the film even more than my first and second viewing. I think this film is gonna end up doing around 150 mil this weekend. I don't know what's stronger, the film or the word of mouth
Nah the 125 million is already OVER EXPECTATIONS! However, we'll see how well word of mouth holds up the following weekends to come.

ASM 2 eyes remind me of Bagley, McFarlane had a very specific shape and outline on his spidey eyes. Much darker than that costume.

ASM 2 eyes remind me of Bagley, McFarlane had a very specific shape and outline on his spidey eyes. Much darker than that costume.

cb6f433d138c589698141b4000291b48--anime-comics-marvel-comics.jpg

erik larsen spider-man is a close 2nd to Todd along with Bagley.

those Ditko/Rom JR eyes, while historically significant with da MCU squinting, ASM2 still IMO had da best costume of all.

Last edited:
He didn't have the photography but he was making videos this time. A little change. Maybe that's what gets him in photography'

Back
Top Bottom