SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Why? It's actually a decent enough film.

I enjoyed it very much but absolutely no one expected it to have this kind of run and yet its going to be Sonys highest grossing film of 2017

at the end of the day you know it isn't just about quality and it is coming off of Rockys Baywatch flop and Jumanji being a reboot/remake/sequel got many people mad at it when it was announced

so yeah, it's still a big surprise

it's also Rockys biggest hit outside of the Fast franchise

Venom will fail sadly enough....based on that trailer and the promotion they been doing I get the feeling the focal point is the Hardy casting, I love TH, but for starters I can’t think of a movie he carried on his own ever, he’s been probably one of the best supporting actors out, but he’s not a lead....however I think this is what Sony thought they nailed...oh snap! We got Tom Hardy! Nobody gonna care about Venom and here we have one of the most iconic anti heroes butchered yet again...what a missed opportunity, why not jut work out a deal with mwrvel and let them handle it along with Spider-Man....let Hardy do his thing in a sequel with Holland already established, then move on with the solo Venom films, instead of shoving this crap down our throats thinking we would give it a pass because Time Hardy is Eddie Brock...FOH

acylwvcm28dr2axvggxq.gif

So I could just say cool but I can't completely call it.

The teaser trailers appears to make this seem specifically like another dope Hardy flick.

The narration was interesting. I'm trying to figure out exactly where'd they go with the first Venom movie which is most likely an origin of sorts cherry picked from a few Venom comics.

I didn't expect a look of Hardy as Venom given how quick it all was. They're nowhere done in the six department :lol:

Last edited:
i'm honestly more worried about his voice, i'm not even sure if it's the accent but it's one of those movies where you can barely understand him again :lol:
First thing I noticed :lol:

He can do multiple kinds of voices. I was expecting more of a deep and gruff voice for Brock but it seems he's going for a kind of New Yorker. Reminds me of his role in The Drop.
still can't believe Jimanji might actually gross more than Homecoming
Not the same but reminds me of how the Jurassic Park movie made so much money.

Homecoming was released during a crowded July while Jumanji has been able to hang around because the lack of real competition during this time of year.

From what I watched, Jumanji was funny. Hoping to get a cleaner copy to watch. Jack Black was cracking me up.

its a teaser, i didnt expect much. hopefully they show more in the trailer. and like i said before, i hope this joint is gory as hell.

its a teaser, i didnt expect much. hopefully they show more in the trailer. and like i said before, i hope this joint is gory as hell.
Sure. But it seemed rushed. They should have added him in the suit in the trailer. That's what people want to see.

Sure. But it seemed rushed. They should have added him in the suit in the trailer. That's what people want to see.

It's possible the post-processing on the 'suit' is still being worked on. Hell, the 'suit' could be almost entirely CGI hence the lack of it being showcased.

Man looking back at the trailer that's a lit *** trailer for anything other than a movie about a comic book supervillain who swings around New York City in an alien Spider-Man suit.

wtf sony

speaking of Tom Hardy...

apparently he made a bet with Leo that Tom would get a nomination for the Revanant and the loser gets a tattoo of the others choosing, well Hardy got a nom and Leo won the bet so...

26398569_402224396898174_2857248489975316480_n.jpg

he had to get "LEO KNOWS ALL" tattoo :lol:

Man looking back at the trailer that's a lit *** trailer for anything other than a movie about a comic book supervillain who swings around New York City in an alien Spider-Man suit.

wtf sony
Exactly. Which I wasn't gonna just bash it.

We already expect a certain thing from superhero flicks. Slide somewhat specifically.
speaking of Tom Hardy...

apparently he made a bet with Leo that Tom would get a nomination for the Revanant and the loser gets a tattoo of the others choosing, well Hardy got a nom and Leo won the bet so...

26398569_402224396898174_2857248489975316480_n.jpg

he had to get "LEO KNOWS ALL" tattoo :lol:
:rofl: That's wild.

Venom Rumor Reveals How Carnage Fits Into Sony’s Film

That Hashtag Show is reporting that Carnage won’t actually be a part of the main story of the film, which will deal with the Life Foundation and multiple symbiotes. Instead, Venom will feature Eddie Brock in San Quentin State Prison near the end of the film, possibly in a post-credits scene, where he will be introduced to Kasady by Dr. Ashley Kafka. According to THS’s source, a piece of Brock’s symbiote will break off and make its way toward Kasady before the screen cuts to black. Essentially, the scene sets up Carnage to be a major antagonist in a Venom sequel. Further, THS speculates that since Harrelson, who was cast in Venom as a “henchman,” wasn’t spotted in any set photos during production, he’s the most likely candidate to portray Cletus Kasady.

https://screenrant.com/venom-movie-carnage-role/

Back
Top Bottom