SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
i'm really not, if it were dc i'd understand and agree but those complaints are overly ridiculous no matte rhwo you look at it :lol:

and if you don't see that then ya'll are in denial, that is beyond reach, it's a poster vs what was in film, did ya'll want hardys face be half the venoms face in the poster? :lol:

i wasn't even defending all the complaints about the trailer because i felt it was underwhelming

but do yall complain that in marvel posters that thanos isn't in scale?

or did wonder when cap was into motocross when he was jumping his motorcycle in WS?

i find it ridiculous that sony is making a venom film with little spidey in it but i am willing to give it a chance and i don't find the weirdest complaints just to complain

it's dumb they are making a female spy film based on this universe or even considered a solo aunt may film unless its rated r and back in her heyday where we get to see marissa tomei nude or something

but if there is a ridiculous complain, i am most likely going to point it out and laugh

Marvel fanboys gonna fanboy RFX....you should know better by now...lol

This new trailer was an improvement on the last one....I still think Hardy can’t carry a film on his own..

I mean what’s more believable, some dude catching some air in a motorcycle or a female Jason Bourne taking out two alien warriors exclusively picked by the biggest threat in the universe?

Movie is gonna be trash, man.

Y'all really wanna watch a Venom movie with no Spider-Man? Is he going to fight US forces for two hours?

I can't help but think this is an attempt by Sony to gain leverage, because right now they have none.

I hope I'm wrong, but considering how they movie came together, I think it's fair to point out the missteps.

That's the main villain at the beginning?

Who is he?

Not feeling the symbiote voice.

Really good trailer.

Can't wait!

2nd trailer does have me feeling a lot more optimistic. I might even catch this opening week now. Not crazy about "symBYEote" or the shiny polish he has. Would it have been that hard to render him with a matte black finish??

Also that transformation scene makes me feel like it comes right before the end credits. The rest of the movie could easily just be tom hardy using symbiote limbs and appendages.

Name me a movie Hardy carried on his own the way he’s made out to carry this one? Hardy’s best work is a supporting actor or at the very least co-acting with another star.

Watching the trailer, I'm guessing Eddie Brock's motives is to expose these life-threatening experiments conducted by a fraud/evil researcher, while Venom's motives as an alien anti-hero may be to eliminate all other symbiotic creations to remain the sole dominant alien creature that he is, actually giving no damns for any human lives whatsoever. Sounds like a mixture of Jekyll and Hyde, Godzilla, and a poor man's Spotlight; for some reason I get some Spawn-like themes as well.

All that being said I don't think it'll be a terrible movie and will watch it in October.

Watching the trailer, I'm guessing Eddie Brock's motives is to expose these life-threatening experiments conducted by a fraud/evil researcher, while Venom's motives as an alien anti-hero may be to eliminate all other symbiotic creations to remain the sole dominant alien creature that he is, actually giving no damns for any human lives whatsoever. Sounds like a mixture of Jekyll and Hyde, Godzilla, and a poor man's Spotlight; for some reason I get some Spawn-like themes as well.

All that being said I don't think it'll be a terrible movie and will watch it in October.

I agree, he's gonna be fighting the other SIM-BUY-OATS :sick: there's several from the comics that could end up being those people being experimented on. And they didn't show Woody Harrelson at all and he's confirmed to be in the movie so I'm crossing my fingers that he is Carnage

Name me a movie Hardy carried on his own the way he’s made out to carry this one? Hardy’s best work is a supporting actor or at the very least co-acting with another star.

Legend
Mad Max
Locke
Warrior

He gonna kill it in the Al Capone biopic.

Legend, Bronson, Locke, Lawless if that one counts. :lol: at putting the end result of a movie on Hardy's acting

You need to watch 'The Drop'. Great movie - he's using his 'American' accent from that film which by far is his most intelligible. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom