SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Not the best Spider-Man movie. That title still belongs to Homecoming but it was VERY enjoyable. I loved how the animation looked like CG one minute then claymation the next. Even anime anytime Peni Parker was on screen. Movie was too on the nose often time. I’ve never been a fan of Miles and the movie reiterated that. He was acting like a bia bia the whole damn movie. Had Spider-Ham telling him to man up. End credit scene was beautiful however. The homage to Stan had me tearing up.

Not the best Spider-Man movie. That title still belongs to Homecoming but it was VERY enjoyable. I loved how the animation looked like CG one minute then claymation the next. Even anime anytime Peni Parker was on screen. Movie was too on the nose often time. I’ve never been a fan of Miles and the movie reiterated that. He was acting like a bia bia the whole damn movie. Had Spider-Ham telling him to man up. End credit scene was beautiful however. The homage to Stan had me tearing up.
Miles was literally learning his powers on the go throughout his movie and still told Peter I don't need you anymore by the end of the film.

Peter Parker in Homecoming has been had his powers for a long time at that point and was still breastfeeding from Tony's left tit.

Miles was literally learning his powers on the go throughout his movie and still told Peter I don't need you anymore by the end of the film.

Peter Parker in Homecoming has been had his powers for a long time at that point and was still breastfeeding from Tony's left tit.

Peter in Homecoming did what he had to do even when he was overwhelmed. Had a gun pulled on him and tell him to chill out and he still was bout it.

Miles saw Peter died and couldn’t man up. Saw his uncle die and still couldn’t man up. His pops had to tell him he loved him just for him to finally come to his senses and realize he’s a superhero. He’s Kid-Arachnid, he don’t deserve to be called Spider-Man.

Peter in Homecoming did what he had to do even when he was overwhelmed. Had a gun pulled on him and tell him to chill out and he still was bout it.

Again. In Homecoming, Peter was already an experienced superhero. If he was still freezing at gunpoint he'd be more of a chump than he already is.

Miles saw Peter died and couldn’t man up. Saw his uncle die and still couldn’t man up.

Kingpin was the first time he came across any kind of villain.

Of course you'd be in shock after seeing your uncle die.

We don't know how Homecoming Peter was right after his uncle's death. The movie didn't show that.

I do know that Marvel Studios has baby-fied Peter and made him too dependent on daddy stark. Idk about you but I want to see a superhero not someone being babysat.

It's easily the best spider-man movie.

I view any other response as heresy that should be punishable with canning or some other medieval punishment.

Peter in homecoming was still a 15 year old kid.. and something I loved about that movie, a relatable one.. but still a 15 year old kid trying just deal with life on the whole on top of being spidey

Homecoming was dope. It’s exactly what I was looking for in a Spidey live action movie after the Raimi trilogy and Garfield joints. They nixed the origin story which had already been done to death and they made him a kid. And Ned is the realest ***** since Hot Pie. A pox on this homecoming slander. I really dig Into The Spider Verse and might see it again but that doesn’t mean Homecoming is trash. Not to mention, animation has a major advantage over live action creatively speaking. Imagine trying to shoot a live action version of Into The Spider Verse?!

Spiderverse was such a dope movie! Definentiley going to pick up a copy.

Last edited:
With animation, there's more margin for error with your script work. You can throw a lot of stuff in the movie and it not look overstuffed/rushed. I don't think sony can handle live action. I'd love for them to just expand their animated universe.
I don't know why you guys keep saying this like it's not about making money for Sony :lol:

They can and will do both. They ain't reading your nitpicky or criticisms when Venom is dominating internationally/in China :lol:

saw it last night
Loved it
2nd favorite movie this year after Blackkklansman
That animation style is something else.
I felt like this was the experience I should've had watching Avatar. A new style being presented to me with a great story to go hand in hand with it.

Was definitely one of the people who wrote this off based off the trailers but man, the movie really didn't go the way I thought it would at all
Everyone in this film was perfectly cast.

MV5BMjA0MTgwNTM5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTgyODI4NjM_._V1_SX1777_CR0_0_1777_744_AL_.0.jpg

Miles saw Peter died and couldn’t man up. Saw his uncle die and still couldn’t man up. His pops had to tell him he loved him just for him to finally come to his senses and realize he’s a superhero. He’s Kid-Arachnid, he don’t deserve to be called Spider-Man.

Bruh...you wilding, this was Miles origin story, kid was still trying to figure out wtf to do, he would have gotten himself killed had he tried to save peter...by the time he got his suit, he was about it....dude saved everyone and became SPIDER-MAN.

My order is

SpiderVerse
homecoming
Spider-Man 2
amazing Spider-Man 1

The rest don’t matter.

Went and watched it last night and it was great. I don't know about best spider-man movie ever but it's really good. Animated and live action aren't really comparable imo. Going again tonight tho. Movie made me love these 1s even more
IMG_20181216_172126_781.jpg

I hope Homecoming sequel is less Spidey being babysat by adults and more of him being independent. I'd hate it if they simply replace Tony with Nicky Fury as the babysitter.

I hope Homecoming sequel is less Spidey being babysat by adults and more of him being independent. I'd hate it if they simply replace Tony with Nicky Fury as the babysitter.

Tony was barely in homecoming.. that was the point.. dude thought after CW everything would be avengers avengers avengers

Happy was more in homecoming and happy just thought he could ignore the kid

But he was on his own

Back
Top Bottom