SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
If IW played out like the Infinity Gauntlet comic, it wouldn't have been as interesting. That story worked well in the comics but as a movie it would not have worked as well, especially for casual moviegoers. There were definitely issues with power scales in IW. That's something they should have worked on. I still enjoyed the flick, seeing all of those characters coming together like this is the type of thing Childhood Me yearned for in the 90's.

IW had no conviction. **** was happening for the sole purpose of fan pay off and it was in such a lazy way. The battle on Titan is probably the biggest example of that. Thanos folding Hulk like it was nothing with barely any destruction but going toe to toe with Iron Man. Can’t speak to the ridiculousness of that. Airport scene from Civil War is 10x better than the battle on Titan.

And don’t get me started on “the Snap”. Vanity Fair has an interview with Amy Pascal where she alludes to the Marvel and Sony deal going past it’s contract and Spider-Man being with Marvel for longer but also alludes to their being complications with promoting Far From Home because of Marvel going for cheap emotion and killing Spider-Man :smh: just ridiculous.

Feels like they wanted to at least square Tony up to Doc Strange level (going toe to toe with Thanos)

It would've broken too many hearts to show Thanos washing Tony in <10 seconds

Tiny had the fight of his life just to land one hit that didn't hurt Thanos at all. Then he proceeded to get washed. Tiny going toe to toe with Thanos is fake news.

2ce83d0b-d8fb-42a5-898b-6fbe28a85a4b-jpeg.2231211

Tiny had the fight of his life just to land one hit that didn't hurt Thanos at all. Then he proceeded to get washed. Tiny going toe to toe with Thanos is fake news.
Put things in to perspective about how flawed the final fight of CW was when you see Thanos just toss the scumbag aside like he's fodder.

Don’t care what anyone says Into The Spider-Verse was the best Spider-Man movie to date!

That post credit scene was PURE GOLD/COMEDY

Haven’t left a movie with a big smile on my face for awhile.

Spiderverse is amazing, gotta rewatch but this might be the best spiderman movie to date.

I can't unhear Nick from New girls tho with Peter B Parker. :lol:

Heard they almost got Tobey to do Peter Parker but the producer said it might cause confusion

And of course prob too expensive but I mean they afforded Nicolas Cage as a secondary character so idk

Back
Top Bottom