SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Tony was barely in homecoming.. that was the point.. dude thought after CW everything would be avengers avengers avengers

Happy was more in homecoming and happy just thought he could ignore the kid

But he was on his own
Tiny saved Peter twice and it was only towards the end that Peter was able to get himself out of his own hole. And even then he needed to picture Tony's face. The spider suit is one big babysitting device. If Tony wasn't there then it was happy keeping tabs on Peter. It was a bit ridiculous. You would think Tony was Peter's dad..

Hopefully in the sequel there is less of all that.

Tiny saved Peter twice and it was only towards the end that Peter was able to get himself out of his own hole. And even then he needed to picture Tony's face. The spider suit is one big babysitting device. If Tony wasn't there then it was happy keeping tabs on Peter. It was a bit ridiculous. You would think Tony was Peter's dad..

Hopefully in the sequel there is less of all that.

The 1st time, Tony's suit showed up to save dude from drowning.. so after peter fought the bad guys

The 2nd time, tony showed up to save the ship from sinking.. again after peter fought the bad guys

After the 2nd time, peter even yells at tony that he expected more

Spider verse was great. Movie was smooth and “smart”. Really puts a lot thought into everything visually. Top notch movie

Movie is nowhere near Homecoming in terms of showing the desperation of a hero. How do we talk about baby sitting when miles literally had ANOTHER Spider-Man with him 80% of the movie showing him how to do everything from webswinging to using powers that no other Spider-Man had? I loved the movie but calling it better than Homecoming is trying to be on the hype train. With that said I think this movie is going to make a lot of money. I think it’s gonna be a very leggy film.

I hope Homecoming sequel is less Spidey being babysat by adults and more of him being independent. I'd hate it if they simply replace Tony with Nicky Fury as the babysitter.
This whole "babysitting" nonsense you keep repeating makes me think you didn't watch Homecoming at all.

That or you don't know what the word means.

Tony Stark did not babysit Spidey AT ALL in Homecoming.
Talking about Tony with amel is gonna go nowhere.
It gets to a point where you actually think he's dumb because of it.

He's taken jokey hate gimmick and made it his actual all the time opinion.

I hope Homecoming sequel is less Spidey being babysat by adults and more of him being independent. I'd hate it if they simply replace Tony with Nicky Fury as the babysitter.

Well they turned Mysterio into a good guy. ..so it appears Jake will be the new baby sitter.

Movie is nowhere near Homecoming in terms of showing the desperation of a hero. How do we talk about baby sitting when miles literally had ANOTHER Spider-Man with him 80% of the movie showing him how to do everything from webswinging to using powers that no other Spider-Man had? I loved the movie but calling it better than Homecoming is trying to be on the hype train. With that said I think this movie is going to make a lot of money. I think it’s gonna be a very leggy film.

Difference is Miles is just learning these new abilities, Peter in Homecoming already fought in a major fight against the other Avengers...

Difference is Miles is just learning these new abilities, Peter in Homecoming already fought in a major fight against the other Avengers...

And when Peter got his powers who taught him how to use them to fight against other Avengers?

Did you see Sorry To Bother You or Blindspotting?

No
I'll check them out though, highly doubt they'll crack my top 5 though.
Heard mixed things on Sorry to bother you, and with Blindspotting I just keep putting it off, really want an empty day so I can devote time to those movies.
Especially Blindspotting lol I did background work on the film

:rofl:@ people thinking IW was a good movie.

The thought of a drawn out battle between Thanos vs Spidey & Iron Man with Infinity Stones no less... Dude thought about eliminating 50% of the population on earth & it was done in an after thought yet he struggles to battle those 2... One of the more stupidly written movies ever & Downey Jr hamming it up a la johnny depp as the pirate through all them movies... I love him but hate him doing the IM/Stark role but I realize he's trying to pad his retirement, the dough is just too good to turn down.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Idk how many times you've seen the movie but they just did a good job of keeping Thanos from using the gauntlet on titan thats all.

They blitzed him one after the other from all angles at the beginning before he even made an action to use the glove. Then in the middle they did a good job of keeping him from closing his fist properly Ej. Webbing on the glove, Strange's cape on the glove, IM's quick cement thing on the glove and then attacking him while he couldn't use the glove.

Only reason why the battle was 'prolonged'. They had a game plan and it was executed well.

Plan executed well... :rofl:
MagnificentGeneralAmericanmarten-small.gif

:lol: Bless your hearts... Whenever I read posts of people trying to rationalize these bad comic movies, I read them in the cops voice that Eddie makes fun of in this scene...

Last edited:
IW was the ultimate fan payoff
It's like the extended versions of LOTR
DO I love those, HELL YEAH(especially The Two Towers)
but when I think about my top films for the year, IW may be one of my personal faves but it isn't the top film IMO

To me(IMO) it was a film that had stellar trailers, was marketed amazingly and delivered on the promise of it being a spectacle.

Thats not a bad thing

Back
Top Bottom