SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Jake Gyllenhaal was almost Spider-Man before they went with Tobey Maguire.

Rumor has it that if Tobey was out for Spider-Man 2, Gyllenhaal was going to be cast as the new Spidey.

^^ yeah Tobey injured his back during the early stages of Spider-Man 2 and Sony and Columbia had Gyllenhaal ready to go in his place if he was healed by the star of production. Sony was trying Tobey throughout the whole trilogy :lol:

So great to see they successfully blend Ultimate and 616 Marvel yet it still feels like they ultimately understand the essence of 616 Marvel.

Just curious but did they actually film in Venice, Italy or was it CGIed? Those gondola/water scenes look really bad. :sick:

They filmed in Venice.

Spider-Man_Far_From_Home_Venice_Set.jpg

Just curious but did they actually film in Venice, Italy or was it CGIed? Those gondola/water scenes look really bad. :sick:

They actually filmed in Venice along with many of the other locations but I don’t think they could shut down the whole Canal for filming. There were a couple scenes that looked sus in the visual depearrment.

4CEF713E-F7B5-458A-A36F-E81A404D1A54.png

The film is still finishing visual effects however. Things will look a lot better come July.

^^ yeah Tobey injured his back during the early stages of Spider-Man 2 and Sony and Columbia had Gyllenhaal ready to go in his place if he was healed by the star of production. Sony was trying Tobey throughout the whole trilogy :lol:

In truth Tobey was pushing for more money than Sony was willing to pay...The back stuff was his way of holding out...Once he got word that Gyllenhaal was going to replace him he went to his soon to be father in law (Now ex father in law >D), who pulled some strings and got him back in the role...

Good read about it here...
https://screencrush.com/tobey-maguire-jake-gyllenhaal-spider-man/

It's 2019. You either go all the way with the design or don't bother with adapting the character on to the big screen at all.

What about the vulture

I don't follow comics so I don't know if he actually looks like that now tho

What about the vulture

I don't follow comics so I don't know if he actually looks like that now tho

Some things just won't look good. I don't think there is any way to do a faithful Vulture costume without making changes.

That's what I was thinking about the fishbowl.

But I guess it works.

Yeah but you can tell when certain things won't work. Like Robin's traditional costume with the undies and all that. It's just not gonna work unless changes are made.

I never believed they couldn't pill the fishbowl off because it adds a certain allure to the character. Makes him look more menacing.

Back
Top Bottom