SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Man what? You know a few months after that initial blu-ray drops the Director's Cut will drop so they can milk us dry. I'm going to wait for that DC before I cop anything

How often directors cuts though come out though?

Do extended cuts count?

I think extended cuts are a studios decision just to try and sell more DVD's. I could be wrong though.

Might be not sure. I mean I always look at the LOTR extended cuts... those are pretty much Director's cut. Everything Peter wanted in the movie but had to cut.

Do ya'll actually still buy bluray/dvd though?

...sometimes...
ok ok I torrent... a lot

Yeah Extended Cuts/Directors Cuts aren't always cash cows, like with The Wolverine the directors cut had more blood which would have made the film Rated R. Same with Chronicles of Riddick, it was much better than what was released, delved deeper into his race.

There are definitely cases where it's just to make more money but not all are like that.

Last edited:
I'm pretty bad with my blu-ray buying, I straight up hoard them. 400+ and counting...alot of which will probably never get watched :lol:

I HATED ASM1 and I still have that on BD :smh:

Last edited:
I'll buy a blu-ray if the price is really good. Haven't bought a blu-ray in years though.

:frown: I had this picked as my #2 biggest box office of summer 2014.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 opened with an estimated $92.0M this weekend.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2: $277M Overseas Total / $369M Global Total

#AmazingSpiderMan2 kicks off summer movie season at #1 w/ $92M wknd. 5 of last 7 summer kickoff films opened bigger.

Comparing 1st week 7-day starts, TASM2 will fall below TASM1. About $115M for TASM2 vs $144.6M for TASM1.

Last edited:
I have ASM on Blu-Ray. The day ASM2 drops on Blu-Ray I'll buy a copy for every room in the house :smokin

:frown: I had this picked as my #2 biggest box office of summer 2014.

>: how is this possible. Didn't ASM release on a Wednesday. Maybe it was the Labor Day weekend that got ASM so much money. Or maybe these dumb reviews of ASM 2 have people slow to go see the movie

Last edited:
^ Its not just critics, the Audience RT for ASM2 is sitting at 75% right now which is pretty low (MoS was at 76%). Everybody is divided on the movie.

^ Its not just critics, the Audience RT for ASM2 is sitting at 75% right now which is pretty low (MoS was at 76%). Everybody is divided on the movie.

I swear I watched a different movie then everyone else :smh:

How this movie is not getting heavily praised, I still don't get it. What more can you want from a comic book film?

Yeah Extended Cuts/Directors Cuts aren't always cash cows, like with The Wolverine the directors cut had more blood which would have made the film Rated R. Same with Chronicles of Riddick, it was much better than what was released, delved deeper into his race.

There are definitely cases where it's just to make more money but not all are like that.

That Riddick Director's Cut is so much better than the regular film

Back
Top Bottom