SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
I think ASM2 is clearly better than Doc Ock SM2, however I do place Winter Soldier above ASM2 still.

I think WS is cleaner, crisper, paced and fleshed out, it just avoids all the complaints both real and lame that MOS and ASM2 seem to have.

IMO you can't even put Spiderman 2 in the same convo as ASM2. ASM2 makes Spiderman 2 look like a low budget attempt but comparing the costs it took to make both spiderman 2 is the low budget of the 2
Yeah I'm not buying any of that low budget crap talk. You sounding like them Aavtar folk. Miss me with that. Taking SM2 as a whole it's better than ASM2. I'm sure you'd want to break it down and probably in one sided manner so might as well skip that.

ASM2 IMO is also better than Cap 2.
:rofl:
I loved cap 2, A LOT. But I didn't understand where the tons of praise was coming from.
Same way I don't get you calling ASM2 a masterpiece. Smoking rock indeed.
I mean even people that weren't comic book fans loved it and I wondered why? I mean I knew why I loved it, then I saw the reviews and commercials for it after it released :smh: calling it a cinema masterpiece and saying it was as good as Avengers when it wasn't even better than Thor: Dark World.
:lol: This don't even make sense.

You seriously need to stop throwing the word masterpiece around. Who called Cap2 a cinema masterpiece? :lol: WHO? :nerd:
My conclusion: people are sheep
Well hey that's a convenient conclusion when ppl disagree with you about something.
:lol: :lol: At SM2 "setting bar" with the others.

That's that agenda talkin for ya.
SM2 was great. Still is. At the time it legit was the best superhero movie out for a hot sec.

You can talk that agenda nonsense but I've remained consistent and will continue to.
Cap 2 is loved because it has no serious flaws. 

What was falcons purpose?
Cap's ally he was able to go to when he was on the run with Widow? Didn't you watch the movie? He then, because of his connections, was able to get his Falcon harness to help them abduct Sitwell. After that it was all gravy given on their side of things it was a 3 team op to take down Hydra with some help from loyal SHIELD agents. You could read the TWS synopsis on wikipedia and figure out Falcon's purpose man.

Last edited:
OK so wouldn't that still be in favor of ASM2, because they've had less days to gross their weekend tally.

So you're saying if Asm1 opened on a Friday instead of a Tues it would've grossed more? Wait what

Alright Imma give it one more shot :lol:

this was your original post

The ASM 1 grossed 62 million domestically opening weekend. This sequel is doing at least 92 million so we're not at a point of viewer fatigue yet.

Here, you're trying to say that there are no signs of audience fatigue by comparing the two movies first weekend #s and saying the sequel has a higher gross. Right?

But I'm saying ASM 1 opened on a Tuesday, instead of a Friday like ASM2, which means it had a full 3 days to make money and for people to watch before ASM2 did... so of course its gonna have a lower weekend gross.

A better comparison would be to just wait till ASM2 has been opened longer and see its 5-day or 7-day gross. It's all just projections right now, but I definitely see ASM2 making a little less than the first one did.

Last edited:
IMO you can't even put Spiderman 2 in the same convo as ASM2. ASM2 makes Spiderman 2 look like a low budget attempt but comparing the costs it took to make both spiderman 2 is the low budget of the 2

ASM2 IMO is also better than Cap 2. I loved cap 2, A LOT. But I didn't understand where the tons of praise was coming from. I mean even people that weren't comic book fans loved it and I wondered why? I mean I knew why I loved it, then I saw the reviews and commercials for it after it released
mean.gif
calling it a cinema masterpiece and saying it was as good as Avengers when it wasn't even better than Thor: Dark World.

My conclusion: people are sheep
naw, the reason why I didn't like ASM2 was because it was not cohesive at allllll and it seemed more like a romance movie with action parts

Cap 2 was bomb tho

Spider-Man 2 was the best comic book movie until The Dark Knight came along. Probably in my top three with The Dark Knight and Iron Man 1.

We should probably leave Raimi out of these discussions.
Raimi's Spider-Man 2 went on to gross 373.5 million domestic and 783.7 million worldwide :pimp:

:lol: Okay I'm done bringing up SM2. Some ppl forgot out how great it is leading to faulty rankings and other ppl didn't and rank it accordingly. It's cool.

Lets stick to SM2 or if y'all want just compare it to other cbms in the past 3 years.

Last edited:
Lol I understand your argument now but it only works if what was earned Tuesday Wednesday didn't count towards the weekend gross, which I think it did.

If not, what was the 5 day gross of both movies.

*edit* I mean I guess we'll have to wait for the five day gross of both movies

Last edited:
Raimi's Spider-Man 2 went on to gross 373.5 million domestic and 783.7 million worldwide
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Okay I'm done bringing up SM2. Some ppl forgot out how great it is leading to faulty rankings and other ppl didn't and rank it accordingly. It's cool.

Lets stick to SM2 or if y'all want just compare it to other cbms in the past 3 years.

I mean I'm guilty of it too, but at this point it's just tiring.

I watched SM2 3 weeks ago. I know how good it is.

It just got surpassed. Easily.

Gwen is far better than MJ.
Garfield by far does better than Tobey.
Gwen dying, Peter's parents, Aunt May speech, Gwen's dad haunting him all show his inner struggle better than Tobey losing his job, failing school, fighting with MJ, losing his "powers".

Doc Ock is better than Electro, I can handle that.

Visuals in ASM2 >>>>>>>>>.

The kid walking in front of Rhino is the same as people carrying Spidey into the train, then giving him his mask back. Semi hokie, semi meaninful.

In regards to its box office, overall it made less than projected. A month ag the projection was easily $100m+ and then $95m and it didn't even reach that.

ASM2 was in the same position as IM3, it is kicking off the summer blockbuster movies and we know how IM3 did.

Cap2 opened in Apr4, which wasn't ideal date and still made more than ASM2. If Cap2 opened this time around, it'll no doubt make more than it did with $95m first weekend.

And now ASM2 has stiff competition, in 2 weeks you get Godzilla and then a week after that is DoFP then Malificent a week later. Actually Neighbors are getting some very good reviews so that might steal a few tickets away from ASM2 next week. It'll be a tough ride for ASM2 from here on out with HtTYD2, 22 Jump Street, T4, etc... all coming in the next 2- months.

No doubt this film will make $600-$700m worldwide though when it is all said and done.

Yeah I'm not buying any of that low budget crap talk. You sounding like them Aavtar folk. Miss me with that. Taking SM2 as a whole it's better than ASM2. I'm sure you'd want to break it down and probably in one sided manner so might as well skip that.

You seriously need to stop throwing the word masterpiece around. Who called Cap2 a cinema masterpiece? :lol: WHO? :nerd:
Well hey that's a convenient conclusion when ppl disagree with you about something.
SM2 was great. Still is. At the time it legit was the best superhero movie out for a hot sec.

You can talk that agenda nonsense but I've remained consistent and will continue to.
Cap's ally he was able to go to when he was on the run with Widow? Didn't you watch the movie? He then, because of his connections, was able to get his Falcon harness to help them abduct Sitwell. After that it was all gravy given on their side of things it was a 3 team op to take down Hydra with some help from loyal SHIELD agents. You could read the TWS synopsis on wikipedia and figure out Falcon's purpose man.

>D saw cap 2 in theatres 3 times brodie. Early showing in 3D, regular and in IMAX. That's my marvel movie ritual so I don't need to Wikipedia anything. The word masterpiece was used in the cap 2 commercial after the first weekend it came out, surely someone knows what commercial I'm talking about.

My point in bringing up falcon was that the same lame excuses being brought up as to why ASM2 isn't good can be said for cap 2. Falcons character wasn't all that developed. The winter soldier had 2-3 lines max. So fury dies but didn't :rolleyes clichè but that's how marvel kicks it in their comics and appreciate the espionage side they put into cap 2 but that movie can be picked apart

The kid walking in front of Rhino is the same as people carrying Spidey into the train, then giving him his mask back. Semi hokie, semi meaninful.

Nah, I got to disagree with that. That train scene had a purpose, they saved/helped Peter after he saved them. Giving back the mask didn't really bother me, I mean he is NYs hero and it was just a sign of respect.

The kid in the last scene could have been taken out and nothing would change in the film. He has demonstrated the same behavior in ASM1 and with Max earlier along with the little kid with the turbine being bullied, hell he even tried to do it with Max when he turned to Electro, it felt a bit redundant by the last scene to see it again.

As I stated earlier, it didn't even have to be removed but it could have been executed better. I mean overall I don't mind it but if we're going to compare, then there is a difference and I feel SM2 train scene had a purpose while ASM2 really just reiterated what we've seen numerous times already.

Gwen is far better than MJ.
Gwen dying, Peter's parents, Aunt May speech, Gwen's dad haunting him all show his inner struggle better than Tobey losing his job, failing school, fighting with MJ, losing his "powers".

They not hearin you brah. Let them enjoy their sandman killed uncle Ben trilogy

i get the feeling lamekilla lamekilla was bullied as a child for building wind turbines :lol:

What you got against wind turbines brah?

They not hearin you brah. Let them enjoy their sandman killed uncle Ben trilogy

The same way you aren't listening to anyone who doesn't agree with you that the film is a masterpiece?

Even CP says Cap2 is better than ASM2, which you can't understand and now you on his side?

Last edited:
Let me have my cake and eat it too dammit! :lol:

You guys knew coming into this movie I was gonna be a huge advocate for this film. If it isn't blatantly obvious, spiderman is not only my favorite marvel superhero, but superhero period. I'm giving a lot of you guys a tough time for the sake of debate.

...but this film is a masterpiece though

Last edited:
Eh, I just thought you were a Marvel stan. I honestly did not see you fighting to death for this film. :lol:

You seemed more ecstatic about GotG and Avengers calling them a classic even before the filming began.

Posting for later....

Heard badddddd things about this movie, still about to see it in a hour expectations aren't high, but I'm still hoping I won't be disappointed, we'll see :nerd:

Last edited:

>D saw cap 2 in theatres 3 times brodie. Early showing in 3D, regular and in IMAX. That's my marvel movie ritual so I don't need to Wikipedia anything. The word masterpiece was used in the cap 2 commercial after the first weekend it came out, surely someone knows what commercial I'm talking about.
Guess it's poor memory then if you have to ask a question with such a clear answer. Several other ppl gave you the basic same answer :lol:

My point in bringing up falcon was that the same lame excuses being brought up as to why ASM2 isn't good can be said for cap 2. Falcons character wasn't all that developed. The winter soldier had 2-3 lines max. So fury
This is bull ****. Don't play no games. I don't even know what you're talking about trying to bring up Falcom in comparison to ASM2.

The Winter Soldier was a damn enforcer type villain the whole damn movie. He was the muscle. That was his role. Now some ppl may complain about that (comic book ignorance aside) and that'd be fine but it didn't stop him from being a badass villain and really that aint enough to say the movie wasn't good.
So fury dies but didn't eyes.gif clichè but that's how marvel kicks it in their comics and appreciate the espionage side they put into cap 2 but that movie can be picked apart
Go ahead and pick it apart if you want to. Don't matter. Cap2 is still better than ASM2. Any movie can be picked apart.

You can call it cliche if you want to but Nick Fury faking his death is Nick Fury at his finest. That's his damn MO in Marvel comics.

I'm not sure where you going with this, you can either be mad at general consensus or you can search out the few ppl who had a different opinion. Cap2 thread fresh in my mind. I remember most of the complaints, I had some too, overall some were valid some weren't. That's how it is in most of these movie threads. After a while you tend to be able to catch on to the general consensus. So far in this thread I'd say it's 60/40, more ppl saying they didn't like it and having reasons for why than the ppl that are claiming they did like it. I mean there have been pretty thorough breakdowns and reviews for why one doesn't like ASM2. Same for why ppl liked it but I really haven't come across ppl calling this one of the most amazing superhero movies ever on the side of ppl who do like this movie. Just you really.

If you don't like how these things go oh well.

We clearly disagree on how good it actually was if you think it got surpassed easily.
Nope.
Garfield does a better Spidey than Tobey, not a better Peter.
Peter's parents,
Waste of space. should've been edited out.
Aunt May speech
Aunt May got criminally misused in this flick. This speech you speak of was forgettable.
For a superhero movie, a comic book character like Spider-Man the super villain is pretty important. It's stuff like that where it has a huge edge.
That Nic Cage pic said it all.
I gotta say again I question how good you think SM2 was if you're equating the train scene to the kid against Rhino. This is straight up false equivalency.

I can take Gwen over snaggletooth all day. The romance part was way better than what Raimi did but other than mentioning visuals anything else you're saying is better than what SM2 did isn't THAT much better and of course the way I see it from what I've just said the other stuff you added in really weren't better or meaningful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom