SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
I agree that neither was done it completely right but I was just saying they did one aspect better in comparison to each other. As far as Tobey looking smart as opposed to being smart, they ditched the web shooter for organic webbing and I felt that took away from pointing out that Peter Parker is a genius so you got a point there but to me he showed his smarts in other places. I feel all of SM1 established Tobey as the closest thing we've got to Peter Parker on screen (minus the extreme emo symbiote dancing). It just really felt like this is the lovable loser side of PEte on screen struggling trying to get right.

As for Garfield if this movie did one thing is make me not completely care that he doesn't do Peter Parker that well cuz I enjoyed that he was Spidey in and out of costume for like 90% of the movie. Now yes he's gotten the genius being displayed in the first two movies (and that whole connecting the dots with his father and Osborn was even detective like) but some of the stuff in ASM2 was so transparent in trying to show he's smart or that Gwen is helping. The whole exposition of how to beat Electro had me like :roll eyes and he does some of that corniness in the early comics but no need to do it liked that now and I'm sure it could've been done better. Like they should've just gave me the web gloves.
what-luke-cage-did-to-electro-2.jpg

Overall the Peter/Spidey Garfield does made me feel he isn't the genius front he comics and would rather do something like that.

Web gloves huh?
That's how he usually defeats Electro when he wants to go with the hands since he's physically way stronger than Electro. Of course Electro in this movie is more based off the UC version and can go incorporeal with his powers and since I don't read a lot of UC Spidey I'm not sure how he use to consistently beat him. He does beat him with scientific means from time to time but it's so much easier to throw dude in the water.

Last edited:
Dude, Garfield cried and moped more in 2 ASM films than Tobey did in 3 SM films. :lol:

Ha! You got Tobey was crying all in that trilogy. Minus Uncle ben's death in both movies, the scenes when Garfield cries like when him Uncle Ben get into that argument in ASM1 or the Gwen's death scene I'm ASM2 are actually quite touching. I remember laughing at that scene in Spiderman 3 when Mary Jane breaks up with Peter on that bridge and he's standing the bawling his eyes out with flowers in his hand :rofl: someone in the theatre shhhh'ed me :rofl:

Well just because you prefer ones crying over the other doesn't change the fact that Garfield was crying and mopping through both movies. You're kidding yourself if you think Garfield cried less than Tobey in comparison. Dudes crying also had rivers of tears that I am surprised dude wasn't dehydrated after the second film wrapped. :lol:

Last edited:
ASM1 was playing non-stop on Starz too. It happens when a franchise comes out, like Cap was on FX plenty before Cap2 came out.

Last edited:
I can't watch em with commercials tho. I just watch the Blu's a week or two before the next one comes out.

I'll probably watch X-Men and First Class in a few days to prep DoFP

Yeah he has so many chances to succumb to the dark side but he doesn't. Trust me I'm a huge Spider-Man fan. Been with Pete since Fox my dude
smokin.gif

If it's ever one hero that wouldcross over to the darkside, I could totally understand why Spiderman would want to :rofl:

Would be easy for him to take over the city. His Spider Sense and Spider-Fu would put in work for him

I can't watch em with commercials tho. I just watch the Blu's a week or two before the next one comes out.

I'll probably watch X-Men and First Class in a few days to prep DoFP
My prep for DOFP is gonna take a few drinks.

Would be easy for him to take over the city. His Spider Sense and Spider-Fu would put in work for him

He'd be robbing banks with the quickness. Has there ever been an incarnation in which he could communicate with spiders? I'm surprised I haven't read about that yet :rofl:

Last edited:

Has there ever been an incarnation in which he could communicate with spiders? I'm surprised o haven't read about that yet :rofl:

I don't think so but I always wanted this page in a movie

My prep for DOFP is gonna take a few drinks.

:rofl: man I'm gonna be a nervous wreck going to watch that movie

How did you guys feel about the Spider Island event a couple years back?

I personally liked it

Last edited:
Last edited:

Has there ever been an incarnation in which he could communicate with spiders? I'm surprised o haven't read about that yet :rofl:

I don't think so but I always wanted this page in a movie

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Spidey actually did have the power to summon spiders along with other powers during The Other crossover during JMS' run. Now Kaine, his clone, has those powers.

Back
Top Bottom