SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
D-FHrNpXkAEN_UV
D-FHrlAXsAAE8YS

D-FHr7sXUAAzjME
D-FHsLTXYAEUqcB

Man I really loved Into the Spider-Verse.

Researching it and it really brought a lot of things I love about Spidey to the forefront; Kingpin back as a main Spidey villain, Kingpin succeeding in killing Spider-Man and not no lame Ultimate looking version of , his motivations, this being arguably the best origin superhero movie.

Also noticed a lot of little things. Like they didnt have the okay from a lot of ppl and companies :lol: ; C-mobile, that Chance the Rapper poster having a 4 on his hat not a 3, NNC, the NYPD being the PDNY, etc. I bet those Jordan's were fugazi :lol:
I agree with all of this! I just feel bad it took me this long to watch this masterpiece.

Just finished.

Man they just continue to nail Spiderman. They got the teenage aspect of him down perfectly along with his conflict of trying to balance his life. Great second and third act. I enjoyed everything aside from Beck's little exposition speech. Gyllenhaulnwas great as Mysterio. Can't believe they pulled it off. Going forward it seems they're going to get deeper into the dramatic aspects of Peter's double life which I can't wait for. Started off slow and ended great. Another score for Marvel and Spidey 9.5 / 10

That first allusion scene :wow::wow::wow:

The mid credits :wow::wink:

Last edited:
This movie felt really organic as far the overall MCU goes while still being a great Spider-Man standalone movie. Can’t believe how well it was handled. I really wasn’t expecting that surprise in the first end credit. My mind was blown. Thank you Feige! :pimp: Only thing missing was a Stan cameo. :frown:

I’m actually meh on FFH at this point...Seeing it again on Friday so maybe by then it’ll sink in a little more for me...

Far From Home was excellent.

Performances were great, Peter, MJ, Mysterio, all delivered. Action was strong and the Elementals looked fantastic. I still can't believe the Mysterio fish bowl helmet looked as good as it did. The movie also really nailed Peter being a teenager. It was a central point of the movie and the way they handled those moments and challenges was done really well.

It was the perfect cap to Endgame. It provided the audience the catharsis we needed to mourn Tony and accept the void he left but move on correctly. We didn't jump into another bad guy that couldn't have possibly followed up to Thanos, so instead we had a trickster. It also shifted the stakes away from saving the world to trying to cope with being a superhero and also a normal teenager. It was exactly what I wanted after Endgame.

Holland was great as Peter and his handling of Tony's death was done so well. Not only that, but how much the world was mourning his death and the moments with Happy in the plane were some of my favorite in recent memory in the MCU. When Happy saw Peter making a new suit and then put on Back in Black, the eyes got a little misty and I loved that passing of the torch.

Mysterio was great and the Elementals looked awesome as well. I really liked the idea of his character and his plans to trick the world into thinking he's the next Iron Man. I didn't have a problem with that but there was just something off about how they pulled off the twist. I don't know if it felt too abrupt or just the way they went around the room to all the team, but I don't know, it took me out of the movie a bit. It might have been just because I thought "Oh... ANOTHER, bad guy that was because Tony was a jerk to them?" But other than that, I don't really have a lot of complaints.

The nightmare/illusion scenes that Mysterio used against Peter was unbelievable. They might have been some of my all-time favorite effects and scenes in an MCU film. That alone was worth the price of admission and I want to rewatch it in Dolby just for that.

The twist at the very end of the Skrulls being Nick and Hill made sense throughout the movie. "Fury's" response to mentioning Captain Marvel, the fact that they didn't suspect Mysterio at all, and the quick mention of the Krees as well. I know it was meant as a joke for this movie, but it obviously opens up a lot of greater implications or thoughts for the MCU.

And of course... J.K. Simmons back in the perfect setting for J. Jonah as an Alex Jones-esque Info Wars kind of guy. I cannot wait to see him some more and unlike after the 1st one, I am really excited for the third Spider-Man. Homecoming was great, but it didn't make me more excited for future Spider-Man movies. I think I was more focused on wrapping up the Avengers story. I'm ready for Spider-Man 3.

By far my favorite Spider-Man movie. Mysterio was a great villain and the fight scenes with him was fire!

Back
Top Bottom