[:: SPURS (4) vs. LAKERS (0) 1st Round Thread | Spurs Win, Congrats ::]

What Will Be The Outcome of This Series?

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Lakers in 4

• Lakers in 5

• Lakers in 6

• Lakers in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
do you know how percentages work? when new people come in and place a vote on "spurs in 5" the percentage of people who voted "lakers in 6" will go down. 

Ok but the voting still takes place once the series is in place or after? I heard folks saying they could change their votes.

do you know how percentages work? when new people come in and place a vote on "spurs in 5" the percentage of people who voted "lakers in 6" will go down. 
Ok but the voting still takes place once the series is in place or after? I heard folks saying they could change their votes.
poll expires tonight, more people voding =/= people changing their vote

:rofl: at "asking a DOG"

:lol: that was a good one

and for those asking about certain laker fans not being in this thread just look at this thread

its like a zoo in here. nothing but old videos and gifs of past games and back and forth nonsense. Nba day care center playoff series thread. :lol:

discussion of this series in the laker season thread or the nba season thread>this thread

Last edited:
roll.gif
at "asking a DOG"
laugh.gif
that was a good one

and for those asking about certain laker fans not being in this thread just look at this thread

its like a zoo in here. nothing but old videos and gifs of past games and back and forth nonsense. Nba day care center playoff series thread.
laugh.gif

discussion of this series in the laker season thread or the nba season thread>this thread
So why not come in here and help better the thread? Its not like that thread is a Haven for the 5 Spurs fans on here. You dont see Celtics all up in the Knicks thread, theyre all in the Series thread. You guys would benefit too, because you'd get some non-Laker based insight. 

*Pokes fire with stick*
ohwell.gif

I'm w/ Anti.

Contribute to the thread... making it better... or keep quiet.

Simple.

I used to let the .gifs, pictures, trolling, and baiting really get to me...as many of you saw a few months ago.

But due to a few serious situations I have come across in my life during the course of the last month or two, It's hard to take any of that serious anymore.
So far, nothings really gotten on my nerves in S&T in weeks.

When you deal with serious stuff with friends and family, it really puts a perspective on things.

These threads are my entertainment, my little bit of release from life you could say.

I'm not saying i like or encourage trolling or immaturity, i do not. But, I'll let others deal with it.
I just wanna discuss the game, crack a few jokes, analyze some basketball, and enjoy myself.

Everything else isn't necessary for me to acknowledge anymore.

Last edited:
am I the only one who hates bill simmons?

I cant stand him talk, stupid celtic fan always cant wait to talk s*** when the lakers lose

But you hate him because his fam bias is the direct opposite of your fan bias. I hate the Celtics also, can't stand Pierce, KG, or Rondo but I have no issues with Simmons. He's the strongest guy on that show in terms of quality, closely followed by J.ROSE. Plus there's Grantland.

Damn LTB I'm sorry to hear that, family issues are never a good thing. I'd rather have you still getting angry over S&T than for something serious to happen.

But you hate him because his fam bias is the direct opposite of your fan bias. I hate the Celtics also, can't stand Pierce, KG, or Rondo but I have no issues with Simmons. He's the strongest guy on that show in terms of quality, closely followed by J.ROSE. Plus there's Grantland.

As a Lakers fan, I got no issues with Simmons outside of his annoying voice.

I have no problem w/ Simmons.

I have no loyalty to Kobe, though, so... yeah.
laugh.gif

Damn LTB I'm sorry to hear that, family issues are never a good thing. I'd rather have you still getting angry over S&T than for something serious to happen.

Appreciate it bro. Right now everything's fine, but there was a pretty serious close call for a family member. As silly as it sounds, idk what id do without NT. besides the gym, and sports, this gives me a release from everyday problems. It's way too enjoyable to be getting so upset over like I used to get. Sure, some things still bug me I'm human...but in the grand scheme of things it just seems silly to not post in here or stay away from threads just to avoid people. I'm not going to let people determine what I do or don't do, life's too short for that.

So CP needs to get his butt in here and be a part of the discussions. The thread needs his 750 word essays :lol:

So CP needs to get his butt in here and be a part of the discussions. The thread needs his 750 word essays :lol:

I'm pretty sure he's in playoff mode. He saves his novels for the regular season and off-season.

Only 140 characters or less during playoffs for CP. :lol:

Last edited:
bill simmons is cool in my book. i wish magic would be more like simmons, simmons would never backtrack from having confidence in the celtics after one game in a series

I agree. I am not a fan of Bill. He is the biggest New England homer.

Likewise. I don't understand why ESPN has him in there. A national network who should be objective but he's blatantly biased and shows his hatred for the Lakers. It's just like when Bill Lambier was analyst. He was clearly rooting against LA every telecast. I understand Simmons has a great views on the game but his subjective comments ruined his basketball mind for me. But it is what it is.

As for the series, I'm just hoping we don't get swept. We can hope but it's hopeless.

[quote name="sea manup"]bill simmons is cool in my book. i wish magic would be more like simmons, simmons would never backtrack from having confidence in the celtics after one game in a series
[/quote] you know what? You'te spot on with that one. I've said many times that Magic is my dude, but this is one of the things about him that annoys me to no end.

you know what? You'te spot on with that one. I've said many times that Magic is my dude, but this is one of the things about him that annoys me to no end.
I feel like Magic just says whatever producers tell him to, which is always either "Lakers are great!" or "Lakers suck".  Definitely one of the worst analysts out there.

Back
Top Bottom