[:: SPURS (4) vs. LAKERS (0) 1st Round Thread | Spurs Win, Congrats ::]

What Will Be The Outcome of This Series?

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Lakers in 4

• Lakers in 5

• Lakers in 6

• Lakers in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On a random note. I don't know why anyone is getting bent outta shape and bickering with the spurs fans and dudes like quick over this.

There's nothing to argue the lakers got spanked, you can't win it all every year and as a fan aside from Kobe this team was an utter disappointment.

If dudes like jumpmanfromthebay wanna rub it in, I ain't even mad. The warriors have been on the the wrong end of the jokes for a while so might as well dish it out.

I was mad when they lost in 2011 and last year. Today I was like whatever about this current team.

Therodore is a troll account. MUST BE DOO BE DOO AND HIS COMRADES LOL. JUST LOOK AT THE JOIN DATE.

Thedore leave ska alone.

1999 was a shortened season right? YEAP

THE 99 LAkers was not fully ready yet.

2000 LAkers though. A whole new beast.

2001 LAKers RAN OVER THE SPURS with PRIME DUNCAN, POP AND COMPANY

AND TO TOP IT OFF. THEY WENT ON TO WIN BACK TO BACK. UNLIKE THE SPURS WHO DOESN"T KNOW WHAT BACK TO BACK FINALS IS LOL

Going into 99. Almost all the basketball magazines were predicting a Lakers Pacers finals.

Hell after the underachieving in 99 though going into the 99-00 season people viewed the lakers as a 4 seed or so behind Portland, San Antonio, and Utah.

I remember those two seasons very well for whatever reason.

That's right.

Remember LA had to fight a 12 rounds cage fight just to get past Portland in 2000. That team was better than the Lakers. That series in my mind was the real NBA finals.

That series was the real gut check to see if the Lakers is championship ready.

And then It was great to see the Lakers swept a fully lock and loaded Spurs team in 2001.

[quote name="quik1987"]So todays game was an indication dwight is going to another team right?[/quote]I mean, the Dwightmare saga should have taught everyone that Dwight ain't afraid to let everyone know that he has no idea what his future holds. So there's that.

but I keep rewatching the exchange between him and Mitch when he got kicked out, and... that didn't look very 'pro-Laker'. At all.

Last edited:
Regarding Dwight. If he leaves then so be it. If he resigns then so be it.

I just hope the Lakers play hardball with him since they can offer him the most money. Unless they get a deal that benifits them, I hope they don't let Dwight leave and get his max contract elsewhere while taking on a bad contract or a 2nd round pick. If he wants to leave then fine but he doesn't get his max contract simple as that.

This escalated quickly
laugh.gif

:rofl: acb gotta be drunk. 1999.

I remember this series. I had a feeling the lakers had been swept by the spurs before, I just could not remember the year. The next excuse will prob by "but bryant was young then".

This was a good Spurs team. From my recollection i think the spurs first championship team was the best with a beasty robinson and young duncan. :smokin

I think it's gonna take more than a few years for the lakers to be contenders again. Kobe career is at its end and D Howard isn't a player that other star players want to play with. With the new cap rules and the lakers coaching situation, I see you guys having a hard decade.

Back
Top Bottom