[:: SPURS (4) vs. LAKERS (0) 1st Round Thread | Spurs Win, Congrats ::]

What Will Be The Outcome of This Series?

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Lakers in 4

• Lakers in 5

• Lakers in 6

• Lakers in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hell naw.
Name on the front > name on the back.
Im 33 yrs old. I watched Showtime.
I am a LAKER fan.
Do Idolize Kobe? Hell yeah.
At least I aint frontin.

Oh and by the way, NONE of those 4 rings were successfully defended.

how you going to post a tmac hurt picture then laugh at it when kobe just got hurt? Lol smh. These "laker" fans

Ok but why laugh at him? I guess its ok since hes not your favorite player, right? Smh. Lol u clowns are funny. I wonder what would happen if lebron was hurt.

Naw. Im not particular about Tmac.
Im neutral about dude.
No positive or negative feedback.
Calling him Mr. Glass was simply an observation.

Cool story bro.
Would you rather have 5 rings since '99 and only miss the playoffs ONCE....
OR have 4 rings and your overrated string of 50+ win REGULAR season games.

Dont even front.
The difference between these is so minor that I would take either of them. That one ring isnt automatically swaying me.
3 finals MVP

2 finals MVP

Yeah.
Dont care about individual stats.
Like I just said... Name on front of jersey > name on back of jersey.
What else ya got homes?
You guys were having a player vs player argument how would the players not take precedent over the team? 

LOL at people constantly using the "The Lakers are more successful ever" thing. A lot of us werent even alive for those. They are not relevant in this conversation

I want no parts of this conversation BTW

The difference between these is so minor that I would take either of them. That one ring isnt automatically swaying me.
You guys were having a player vs player argument how would the players not take precedent over the team? 

LOL at people constantly using the "The Lakers are more successful ever" thing. A lot of us werent even alive for those. They are not relevant in this conversation

I want no parts of this conversation BTW

Player vs player?
Did I even mention Kobe once in my posts?
Nope.
He brought up the Finals MVP thing.
For the record though, team wise 5 > 4.
One ring aint enough to sway you?
You lyin to yourself dogg.
I would take 5 over 4 any day.

Everyone else did, it was a player Vs. player argument. 

One ring wouldnt be enough to sway me when the 4 rings guy is going down as the best to ever do it at his position while no matter what the 5 ring guy did people will always say the highest he could be is #2. It all depends on what you're looking for out of a career. After 4 rings it becomes almost negligible anyways because then it all becomes about comparing x player to y player.

I would pick either career.

I dont care about Duncan or Kobe or their careers.
Im talkin about franchises as a whole.
And I even kept it perspective and made it fair by just counting since '99.

If you cool with 4 thats all you.
I already stated team > player.
If Kobe leaves I aint followin him.
I be stayin purple and gold.

See thats where I was confused. Everyone else was having a player vs player argument and you're talking about franchises. My mistake

No one is going to take the Spurs' achievements over the Lakers from '99 to present day, that's just a joke. Spurs' case is indefensible.

I dont care about Duncan or Kobe or their careers.
Im talkin about franchises as a whole.
And I even kept it perspective and made it fair by just counting since '99.

If you cool with 4 thats all you.
I already stated team > player.
If Kobe leaves I aint followin him.
I be stayin purple and gold.

the problem is everybody wants to talk about players vs players

dudes forget it's a team game, everything is individualized (not just in sports either)

No one is going to take the Spurs' achievements over the Lakers from '99 to present day, that's just a joke. Spurs' case is indefensible.

Obviously, 5 championships outweighs 4. No one can deny this.

The way I look at it, Spurs did a better job with what they were given. Small market team winning 4 championships in the span they did is unheard of in the NBA. They never land any superstars in trades, never acquire any big names in free agency, have good management, best coach in the NBA, and have a great system overall. The Lakers have always been in a much better situation to succeed since 99, and have done that. But the Spurs have overachieved big time and are still doing that to this day.

Back
Top Bottom