Spy Shots of the 2012 Dodge Charger...

the jeep doesn't actually win the race, just gets off the line quicker...
either way i agree hp/tq > weight, aerodynamics

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Duh, but that dude probably put 15k into a truck that already cost 50k

buts hes beating a 500k+ car soooo....

indifferent.gif
 define beating... Getting off the line quicker doesn't equal beating someone. It's simple physics, as the speed increases, the jeep is going to cause alot more drag than the SLR. Who cares about the price, the whole point was to compare power/tq to weight/aerodynamics. Yes power is important, but it will only get you so far. They all play a vital role in the engineering of a car and If you honestly can't comprehend that, than you have no business about talking about cars.

whats ur point?

that brings me back to this

Clearly the crx won

doesn't mean crx>lambo

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

indifferent.gif
 define beating... Getting off the line quicker doesn't equal beating someone. It's simple physics, as the speed increases, the jeep is going to cause alot more drag than the SLR. Who cares about the price, the whole point was to compare power/tq to weight/aerodynamics. Yes power is important, but it will only get you so far. They all play a vital role in the engineering of a car and If you honestly can't comprehend that, than you have no business about talking about cars.

Alright, from one video we see it was faster off the line, the other 2 videos show that its faster in the quarter.... What else would be needed to show that its quicker?
laugh.gif
The SLR is about 3,800lbs, the SRT is roughly 4,800lbs.  With all that "aerodynamic engineering" and 1,000lb weight difference, the SRT shouldnt even be able to keep up. The SLR kicks out 641/605 HP/Torque, the Jeep is about 620/650 HP/Torque... More HP/Torque >>>> Less weight.

Originally Posted by Mr718

indifferent.gif

Alright, from one video we see it was faster off the line, the other 2 videos show that its faster in the quarter.... What else would be needed to show that its quicker?
laugh.gif
The SLR is about 3,800lbs, the SRT is roughly 4,800lbs.  With all that "aerodynamic engineering" and 1,000lb weight difference, the SRT shouldnt even be able to keep up. The SLR kicks out 641/605 HP/Torque, the Jeep is about 620/650 HP/Torque... More HP/Torque >>>> Less weight.

It may be quicker(which has to do with the AWD) but it's not faster. Also, the SLR has more HP so according to you it should  be quicker and faster. I'm just saying that there is more than just HP and TQ. 

Lets put it like this, you're crusing down the highway in the jeep and I come along in the SLR and we both race.....who do you think will win?

Originally Posted by Mr718

indifferent.gif
 define beating...Getting off the line quicker doesn't equal beating someone.It's simple physics, asthe speed increases,thejeep is going to cause alotmore drag than the SLR.Who cares about theprice, the whole point wasto compare power/tq to weight/aerodynamics. Yes powerisimportant, butit will only get you so far. They all play a vital rolein the engineering of a car and If you honestlycan't comprehend that, than you have no business about talking about cars.
laugh.gif
The SLR is about 3,800lbs, the SRT is roughly 4,800lbs. With all that "aerodynamic engineering" and 1,000lb weight difference, the SRT shouldnt even be able to keep up. The SLR kicks out 641/605 HP/Torque, the Jeep is about 620/650 HP/Torque... More HP/Torque >>>> Less weight.

Itmay be quicker(which has todo with the AWD) but it's not faster.Also, the SLR has more HP so according to you it should bequickerand faster. I'm justsaying that there is more than just HP and TQ.

Lets put it like this, you're crusing down thehighway in the jeep and I come along in the SLR and we both race.....who do you think will win?
I think the first video answers that question
laugh.gif
But as far as it being AWD, we dont know that for sure. It's possible... we just don't know.

whats ur point?

that brings me back to this

Clearly the crx won

doesn't mean crx>lambo
with the comment i made, whats your point? why did you bring up he put 15k into a 50k truck?

Originally Posted by smoothrick007

i still do not get how people really like small cars like civics and evos, what do y'all see in them? seriously?
laugh.gif
at calling the evo "small". I can comfortably fit 5 people in my car, it has the world's most advanced traction control system equipped, and it is pretty damn quick. Next.

You guys are still arguing? First it was about chargers, then american>jdm or jdm>american. Its no big deal. get a life.

Yeah those are the artist renderings. I'm not even sure when they'll reveal the car.

Back
Top Bottom