Spy Shots of the 2012 Dodge Charger...

i still do not get how people really like small cars like civics and evos, what do y'all see in them? seriously?

Originally Posted by frijo sneaker

Screw Chargers! My damn charger of 07 is already failing on me with just 60k on it! Check engine is on and it needs to be Re-programmed. Too much $$$$$.

Ive put too much money on to it, and still needs some engine work to it. Plus its not like the value is going to go up!

Time to upgrade to a Challenger or a Nissan Armada or Pathfinder.

Like I said a few pages back, when I was working at a dodge dealership I saw this all the time. Hell, I'd see cars come in the had just left the lot a few months ago.
Its pretty sad, really.

I cant speak for all american cars but from my experience dodges' aee built like crap.
Yeah, they may be fast and have decent looks, but quality, craftsmanship, and durability are equally if not more important.

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

^why does that matter if he used the car as a daily driver or not. why are you telling others what should do with their money. the dude who built the jeep prolly had mad bread. he didnt care about gas thats why people build 600hp beasts. ive owned a 1996 camaro z28 383 stroker with long tubes, cai, magnaflow exhaust, 503 cam and mild ported heads. it was doing 11s at the track with street tires and used it as my daily driver. i was gettin 15mpg average, and my daily commute was 5 miles. so really it depends on the persons preferences and their situation
bingo.

Originally Posted by rafsjays

Screw Chargers! My damn charger of 07 is already failing on me with just 60k on it! Check engine is on and it needs to be Re-programmed. Too much $$$$$.

Ive put too much money on to it, and still needs some engine work to it. Plus its not like the value is going to go up!

Like I said a few pages back, when I was working at a dodge dealership I saw this all the time. Hell, I'd see cars come in the had just left the lot a few months ago.
Its pretty sad, really.

I cant speak for all american cars but from my experience dodges' age built like crap.
Yeah, they may be fast and have decent looks, but you quality, craftsmanship, and durability are equally if not more important.
yeah ive seem some stuff like this too,mostly on dodges not alot on imports but we have very few imports that come in.Ive seen like 3 that had some bad tick when they got over 100k miles.a charger that had a spun bearing at 40xxx miles also.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

^why does that matter if he used the car as a daily driver or not. why are you telling others what should do with their money. the dude who built the jeep prolly had mad bread. he didnt care about gas thats why people build 600hp beasts. ive owned a 1996 camaro z28 383 stroker with long tubes, cai, magnaflow exhaust, 503 cam and mild ported heads. it was doing 11s at the track with street tires and used it as my daily driver. i was gettin 15mpg average, and my daily commute was 5 miles. so really it depends on the persons preferences and their situation
bingo.
your learning man slowly but surely.Just quote other people so you dont expose your lack of knowledge.

smoothrick007 wrote:
i still do not get how people really like small cars like civics and evos, what do y'all see in them? seriously?

what do people see in 40 ton tanks? its called preference

plus I thought it was common knowledge that cars like civic or evos are lighther and cheaper to mod

jrdnsrnss wrote:
THockey66 wrote:
JoseBronx wrote:
Ill be back to post more, the corvette C6.R is impresive but it aint the best

like I said the honda HSV is being produced to compete only in Japans GT500 races (meaning limiting to 500HP), plus its only a 3.4-litre V8 making around 500bhp

Im sure that making it the HSV to a 6.0 L engine it would perform way better

I never said the C6.R was the best race car ever, but you cant argue against its proven accolades, especially when the HSV hasn't even run a damn race yet. Honda didn't exactly "dominate" the GT500 class with the NSX, either....

Great, the 3.4litre makes 500hp. It also has to spin to absurd RPM to make any of it, just like every other Honda. They're completely different types of motors. If Pratt & Miller wanted to go bonkers, im sure they could extract some breathtaking numbers's from the push-rod V8 as if 590hp/640tq isnt enough...

Does it hit that 500 hp at 24,000 rpm (sarcasm). Only problem with Honda motors, yes they have small displacement with fairly high hp numbers but they need to rev like crazy just to make that power. I could care less if a Corvette Z06 has 7.0 liters and makes 505 horses, in the end horsepower is horsepower to me. Show me a small displacement motor from Japan that makes that kind of power and is street legal and not a gt500 class race car. I don't want to spin to 12k just to make it and wait til top end for vtec to kick in.

hey Im not a fan of hondas either but we still dont know what kind power the HSV can make yet, just posting an example of a JDM V8. Plus Im pretty sure vtec is the last thing honda worried about when building the HSV, the thing only makes 500HP because of the GT500 restrictions.

and I can post hundreds of street legal nissans with over +500 HP, just name a chassis

Originally Posted by ninjahood

____ please
grin.gif

Real car heads not JDM/bimmer fappin NT flunkies know exactly what im talkin about when it comes

to da Importance of torque and Horsepower, u go back to beatin off to superstreet thinkin u sonnin

Me in anything
laugh.gif

What I said stands, why else would that tin can civic beat da lambo, power to weight ratio...however LEANING

On it like your life depended & stripping ur entire body is CRUDE...how about let's get massive powerhouse

Engine so u can actually tow some damn weight....

the size of an engine isnt the only thing a "real car head" would worry about  

and what was the whole point of posting that modded SRT jeep, because a nissan stagea is >>>> with more space and only weighting a 3700+ lbs

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

hey Im not a fan of hondas either but we still dont know what kind power the HSV can make yet, just posting an example of a JDM V8. Plus Im pretty sure vtec is the last thing honda worried about when building the HSV, the thing only makes 500HP because of the GT500 restrictions.
Honda has been supplying V8's to F1 cars for many years with well over 500hp. It's nothing new for them really, they just dont put them in production vehicles for good reason(s).

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

and I can post hundreds of street legal nissans with over +500 HP, just name a chassis
Quite frankly, 500hp is nothing really astonishing for a road going vehicle anymore. Nowadays you can find an example, or multiple, of pretty much any model laying down 500hp somewhere.  Nothing is really out of the ordinary with forced induction now..

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

I just wanna know why hood thinks hp and tq are most important...

What else matters if your talking about speed?

ninjahood reminds me of the guy in the opening scene of fast furious tokyo drift

"oh you can read the brochure"

smh.gif
... The 2011 WRX thread disappeared 2 days ago... Why dont yall let this thing follow it already??? Now back to the spandex appreciation thread for me...

HP and torque DO NOT matter most when it comes to speed. for example, the phantom has more than 400 hp yet its doin sub 4-5 sec 60 times? weight is the key, aerodynamics also too.

HP and torque DO NOT matter most when it comes to speed. for example, the phantom has more than 400 hp yet its doin sub 4-5 sec 60 times? weight is the key, aerodynamics also too.
Bout time we agree with each other
Champagne_Pop.jpg

Originally Posted by CarolCitysFinest

Its pretty sad, really.

I cant speak for all american cars but from my experience dodges' age built like crap.
Yeah, they may be fast and have decent looks, but you quality, craftsmanship, and durability are equally if not more important.
yeah ive seem some stuff like this too,mostly on dodges not alot on imports but we have very few imports that come in.Ive seen like 3 that had some bad tick when they got over 100k miles.a charger that had a spun bearing at 40xxx miles also.
I meen, don't get me wrong but they do run good and everything but its just sad how the manufactories do poor job on Dodge Vehicles. Not just Chargers
mad.gif
Plus my Charger is a 3.5 Liter which I figured I need to take it to the next level.
grin.gif
 "Hemi"

I did do some research on kelly blue book, and my car is not even worth that much anymore. So why even try to invest more $$$$ when I know that my car wont go up its value?!........

To all those people that said Its all Lies, "SUCK A D!#K"!!!!!!    
devil.gif

You say that cuz Either You don't Own or Hasn't happen to you "Which I hope it happens to you
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
" But this can happen to any kind of vehicle now with newer cars! These days cars has to mess up with computer programs, so your car can be updated or able to function the proper way. I regret of selling my Muscle car. 

Originally Posted by CarolCitysFinest

Its pretty sad, really.

I meen, don't get me wrong but they do run good and everything but its just sad how the manufactories do poor job on Dodge Vehicles. Not just Chargers
mad.gif
Plus my Charger is a 3.5 Liter which I figured I need to take it to the next level.
grin.gif
 "Hemi"

I did do some research on kelly blue book, and my car is not even worth that much anymore. So why even try to invest more $$$$ when I know that my car wont go up its value?!........

To all those people that said Its all Lies, "SUCK A D!#K"!!!!!!    
devil.gif

You say that cuz Either You don't Own or Hasn't happen to you "Which I hope it happens to you
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
" But this can happen to any kind of vehicle now with newer cars! These days cars has to mess up with computer programs, so your car can be updated or able to function the proper way. I regret of selling my Muscle car. 

sorry to hear that
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by THockey66

Originally Posted by Mr718

Weight
Traction & Aerodynamics.
grin.gif

Was reading a thread on 6speed.com about the TT 1500whP Gallardo and this came up. Never really though about it but, a 1500HP Gallardo or R8 will practically beat anything on the road with greater HP( becasue its AWD). I remember a quote in which someone best described it, " if you get traction, you don't have enough HP and if you have enough HP, you won't get traction".

But yea, anyone who think that HP and TQ are most important is completly wrong. That's were true engineering comes in, because they have to incorporate all these factors.

Weight
Traction & Aerodynamics.
grin.gif

Here's where HP/Torque meet Weight/Aerodynamics....

You guys fail to realize, if you put enough power into anything, it will go fast.

Weight
Traction & Aerodynamics.
grin.gif

You guys fail to realize, if you put enough power into anything, it will go fast.
SMH, way to post only the begining. It's AWD, so of course it will get the early lead. Not to mention it's a modified SRT-8. Once the speed starts to pick-up, thats where weight/Aerodynamics come into play. I will put money that the SLR took over after 120mph and left it in the dust. 

Good effort though...

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Weight
Traction & Aerodynamics.
grin.gif

SMH, way to post only the begining. It's AWD, so of course it will get the early lead. Not to mentionit'sa modified SRT-8. Once the speed starts to pick-up, thats where weight/Aerodynamics come into play. I will putmoney that the SLR took over after 120mph and left it inthe dust.

Good effort though...
I didnt record the video buddy
laugh.gif
And yes, it was a modified SRT-8. Like I said before, if you can cram HP/Torque into a pile of bricks, it will go fast. You dont ALWAYS need weight reduction to achieve fast speeds.

Back
Top Bottom