Squeaking Foamposites?? HELP!

Alright, this is starting to get pretty annoying. I've never had this problem before with Foamposites, or really any Nike product, until just recently.

My Pearl Pros started squeaking something terrible not too long after I got them last year. Very similar to the Pewters someone posted a video of. I can't really figure out exactly what is causing the squeaks, I've tried the baby-powder-under-insole method to no avail. It seems to be coming from the actual sole of the shoes, because when I put pressure on a certain point with my fingers, it makes the exact sound. It's only the left shoe, but it's annoying, and I can actually feel it when I walk.

Now, today, my 2011 Royals seem to be starting to do the same thing, on both shoes. I couldn't be more frustrated. When you're paying the premium prices that Foamposites retail for, this is totally unacceptable.

What gives? I know ever since they started producing Foams in China instead of Taiwan, the quality took a major hit, but like I said, I've never experienced anything like this until now. Is it an issue with the Zoom Air? Are the soles not glued down thoroughly (I really doubt it, there's a lot)? Is there any way to fix/minimize the issue? I know I'm not the only one who has run into this issue, so any help, info, or advice would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Alright, this is starting to get pretty annoying. I've never had this problem before with Foamposites, or really any Nike product, until just recently.

My Pearl Pros started squeaking something terrible not too long after I got them last year. Very similar to the Pewters someone posted a video of. I can't really figure out exactly what is causing the squeaks, I've tried the baby-powder-under-insole method to no avail. It seems to be coming from the actual sole of the shoes, because when I put pressure on a certain point with my fingers, it makes the exact sound. It's only the left shoe, but it's annoying, and I can actually feel it when I walk.

Now, today, my 2011 Royals seem to be starting to do the same thing, on both shoes. I couldn't be more frustrated. When you're paying the premium prices that Foamposites retail for, this is totally unacceptable.

What gives? I know ever since they started producing Foams in China instead of Taiwan, the quality took a major hit, but like I said, I've never experienced anything like this until now. Is it an issue with the Zoom Air? Are the soles not glued down thoroughly (I really doubt it, there's a lot)? Is there any way to fix/minimize the issue? I know I'm not the only one who has run into this issue, so any help, info, or advice would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

That was me who posted the video. If it doesn't get fixed by baby powder then it's something on the inside (either popped zoom air or something came loose) best bet is to send them back and get a voucher from Nike but you most likely will not be getting those again unless they are in stores around you. That's just the good quality of foams nike is putting out

That was me who posted the video. If it doesn't get fixed by baby powder then it's something on the inside (either popped zoom air or something came loose) best bet is to send them back and get a voucher from Nike but you most likely will not be getting those again unless they are in stores around you. That's just the good quality of foams nike is putting out

What the heck. This is so hilarious and ridiculous at the same time. I feel your pain though, I sent my defective pewters back and all I have is a voucher to show for it.

What the heck. This is so hilarious and ridiculous at the same time. I feel your pain though, I sent my defective pewters back and all I have is a voucher to show for it.

That's the thing, I've contacted Nike, but it would be so difficult to track these down again (long gone from NDC, no Nike stores near me)... so I'm pretty much stuck with these faulty pairs unless I can find a fix...

If it is the Zoom, that's pretty pathetic, because both of these have been worn very lightly...

Oh Nike

That's the thing, I've contacted Nike, but it would be so difficult to track these down again (long gone from NDC, no Nike stores near me)... so I'm pretty much stuck with these faulty pairs unless I can find a fix...

If it is the Zoom, that's pretty pathetic, because both of these have been worn very lightly...

Oh Nike

Originally Posted by Weatherman

Oh Nike
The shoes came with busted air bubbles.  Mine arrived in the box with a big crease in the heel area and a soft mushy heel on the left shoe.

Oh Nike
The shoes came with busted air bubbles.  Mine arrived in the box with a big crease in the heel area and a soft mushy heel on the left shoe.

WITNESS, did baby powder help yours? I've put a ridiculous amount in the left shoe of my Pearls, they're damn near caked in it, so I'm convinced it's something else with those. Hoping that my Royals aren't starting to do the same thing... ugh... thanks fellas

WITNESS, did baby powder help yours? I've put a ridiculous amount in the left shoe of my Pearls, they're damn near caked in it, so I'm convinced it's something else with those. Hoping that my Royals aren't starting to do the same thing... ugh... thanks fellas

Whew. I've worn what was a DS pair of 97 royals a few times and they squeaked right out the box. Unacceptable for these newer retros however.

Whew. I've worn what was a DS pair of 97 royals a few times and they squeaked right out the box. Unacceptable for these newer retros however.

I've had this problem with my Coppers, Pearls, Anniversary XIs, and Cool Grey XIs. I haven't un-DS'd my Pewters yet, but I won't be surprised if those squeak after a few wears too. My guess is it has something to do with how Nike is making/cutting corners on clear soled shoes. It's gotten to the point where my Anniversary XIs are unwearable. I get a headache with the squeaks. They'll go away if I don't wear the kicks for a week, use baby powder, or dry them, but within an hour or so of wear, the squeaking comes back. It's a miserable process. I seriously want to toss my XI's in the trash. I will probably stop buying Nike's clear-soled shoes for a while. 

I've had this problem with my Coppers, Pearls, Anniversary XIs, and Cool Grey XIs. I haven't un-DS'd my Pewters yet, but I won't be surprised if those squeak after a few wears too. My guess is it has something to do with how Nike is making/cutting corners on clear soled shoes. It's gotten to the point where my Anniversary XIs are unwearable. I get a headache with the squeaks. They'll go away if I don't wear the kicks for a week, use baby powder, or dry them, but within an hour or so of wear, the squeaking comes back. It's a miserable process. I seriously want to toss my XI's in the trash. I will probably stop buying Nike's clear-soled shoes for a while. 

Nope.  Here's the video again, if you notice I'm pushing from the bottom of the shoe from the outside which means it's something in the midsole (zoom or something came loose)

Nope.  Here's the video again, if you notice I'm pushing from the bottom of the shoe from the outside which means it's something in the midsole (zoom or something came loose)

I'd say its the new soles both Nike and Jordan have been using on clear sole kicks. Since like 07'.

I'd say its the new soles both Nike and Jordan have been using on clear sole kicks. Since like 07'.

Back
Top Bottom