Squid Game - Season 2 confirmed

Ok... just finished (started last night 😅)

Entertaining, addicting, fun... and some deeper philosophical story/meaning behind it, I guess.

And I had a hunch about the twist by episode 3... which made sense.

I watched it in Korean with the subtitles... just wished the subs were a bit more accurate... apparently, some of the meaning in the dialog was lost. And I agree... the VIP actors were so bad. 😅 That seems to be a common thing with a lot of Asian movies... That's certainly the case for a lot of HK movies.

And as for Ali... how he acted made a lot of sense to me. Being respectful is a big part of Asian culture. Perhaps he was being overly-respectful, but, to me, it didn't feel out of place. He was probably a very respectful person to begin with... and just wanted to work hard and take care of his family.

only thing that confused me

why this man go with red hair?

also this show showed me a purge like feel
that the rich can do whatever they want to the poor and desperate for their amusement

that the rich can do whatever they want to the poor and desperate for their amusement

It's around this time that Gi-hun makes his big hair transformation, which director Hwang Dong-hyuk explained in an interview with Zapzee is a reflection of his inner rage. "I thought about this intuitively, thinking about how Gi-hun should change his hair in a hair salon," he said. "I imagined being him and thought to myself, 'What is the color that you would never choose to dye your hair?' Then I came to the conclusion that Gi-hun would never dye his hair red. It would be the [most unexpected] thing for him to do. So I chose the color and I thought it really showed his inner anger."

GF binged the show before I could watch the 1st episode. She watched with me for her 2nd viewing. She made a really good observation.

The 1st episode, that game dude plays where he gets slapped in the face to avoid paying money, the cards are red and blue. He chooses the blue card.

In the gaming facility, the contestants are wearing blue outfits and the guards are all in red. Forgive me if you guys have been discussing this already, but she thinks that maybe that beginning choice decides whether you will be a guard or a contestant in the game.

Even the guards are expendable. And from what I’ve seen so far, the guards are desperate too. Selling body parts for money. They could be in major debt just like everybody else. I’m only on ep 5. Gonna binge the rest tonight prolly.

i'm annoyed son wasted a year begging for money and doing nothing good with the money. Poor kid sat in that orphanage getting his *** whooped.

Also wonder how homie ended up being game master if he already won and is rich himself. Probably burnt through the money since he lived in that box, which would be nuts.

It's around this time that Gi-hun makes his big hair transformation, which director Hwang Dong-hyuk explained in an interview with Zapzee is a reflection of his inner rage. "I thought about this intuitively, thinking about how Gi-hun should change his hair in a hair salon," he said. "I imagined being him and thought to myself, 'What is the color that you would never choose to dye your hair?' Then I came to the conclusion that Gi-hun would never dye his hair red. It would be the [most unexpected] thing for him to do. So I chose the color and I thought it really showed his inner anger."

someone on tiktok said it mightve been a reference to matrix. they even mention matrix it in game #3.

first game, red piece blue piece

ep 3 matrix reference

last scene red hair

Yall see all the illuminati symbolism? :lol:

And clearly the money pot was built through the organ harvesting the elites were doing on the low.

Sang Woo straight up savage :lol:

GF binged the show before I could watch the 1st episode. She watched with me for her 2nd viewing. She made a really good observation.

The 1st episode, that game dude plays where he gets slapped in the face to avoid paying money, the cards are red and blue. He chooses the blue card.

In the gaming facility, the contestants are wearing blue outfits and the guards are all in red. Forgive me if you guys have been discussing this already, but she thinks that maybe that beginning choice decides whether you will be a guard or a contestant in the game.

Even the guards are expendable. And from what I’ve seen so far, the guards are desperate too. Selling body parts for money. They could be in major debt just like everybody else. I’m only on ep 5. Gonna binge the rest tonight prolly.
Ya colorblind. The cards were red and blue the uniforms were green for the players and pink for the guards

Ya colorblind. The cards were red and blue the uniforms were green for the players and pink for the guards

damn you right about the green tracksuits. But the guards are red. I did look up that theory just now and you’re right, they don’t have anything to do with each other. But the story behind the colors used in the flip game is kinda cool!

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/squid-game-red-blue-game-theory-players-meaning-truth-salesman/

01301270-4E66-43CE-878A-79DADF25C767.jpeg

Man’s that had to play marbles with his wife...crazy...I think we would both end up dead in that scenario refusing to play 🤣🤣

Just started watching today. Thought it was a movie and not a series. Apparently the translations aren't very good, which is a bummer.

Been peeped Netflix has bad translations when you'd scroll past some random anime and the trailer plays in the dub but the subs are on. You'll hear "Good Morning" and the subs will say "It is a glorious day to die battle today friends" and neither one of them correct. But we don't speak the language so we'll never get the full nuance and context either way.

Back
Top Bottom