Stacked teams forgotten in history --- vol. couldnt get it done

Originally Posted by JoeClear

Originally Posted by pdoggy85

Nobody has mentioned every single Atlanta Braves team from like 92-05 (minus the 1995 WS team)?

I wrote the 96' team , but some years they had a weak batting order or bullpen and bench issues

Yea and outside of maybe another 1 or 2 teams, you could probably name a team that was equally/more stacked in each of those seasons.

Originally Posted by JoeClear

Originally Posted by pdoggy85

Nobody has mentioned every single Atlanta Braves team from like 92-05 (minus the 1995 WS team)?

I wrote the 96' team , but some years they had a weak batting order or bullpen and bench issues

Yea and outside of maybe another 1 or 2 teams, you could probably name a team that was equally/more stacked in each of those seasons.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by RickFoxJr

oldkings3.jpg
Few years before that..

Bobby Jackson and Mike Bibby was F.I.L.T.H.L.Y
Doug Christie
Peja and Hedo
Webber
Divac.

Jeeeeesus.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

hopefully the kings can build around what the young guys they have and become good again so the 2 teams can meet in the playoffs again.
Yeah, I much rather wait for Kobe to retire first. Kind of like a 95 version of the Lakers in 2015. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

hopefully the kings can build around what the young guys they have and become good again so the 2 teams can meet in the playoffs again.
Yeah, I much rather wait for Kobe to retire first. Kind of like a 95 version of the Lakers in 2015. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by revirxreab

ill never forget peja air ballin that 3 though vs lakers .
that was probably the most funniest moment at that time due to the fact my friends were huge kings fans claiming that peja was the second coming of larry bird. i remember turning to them saying larry bird wouldve made that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by revirxreab

ill never forget peja air ballin that 3 though vs lakers .
that was probably the most funniest moment at that time due to the fact my friends were huge kings fans claiming that peja was the second coming of larry bird. i remember turning to them saying larry bird wouldve made that
laugh.gif

May not be in 'History', but that '07-'08 Memphis Basketball team was one I really liked.

Probably more along the lines 'Best Team to not win the Championship' than 'Forgotten in History'

Rose
CDR
Dorsey
Anderson
Dozier
Taggert

grin.gif
Upon further review, they weren't really THAT stacked, but I loved that team for some reason. Probably due to Rose going the %%*$ off in the Tourney.

May not be in 'History', but that '07-'08 Memphis Basketball team was one I really liked.

Probably more along the lines 'Best Team to not win the Championship' than 'Forgotten in History'

Rose
CDR
Dorsey
Anderson
Dozier
Taggert

grin.gif
Upon further review, they weren't really THAT stacked, but I loved that team for some reason. Probably due to Rose going the %%*$ off in the Tourney.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://lowposts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/finger_huge.jpg&imgrefurl=http://lowposts.com/tag/chris-webber/&usg=__ClVHsHoghA8JQjzXIt38UTFph6Q=&h=803&w=1042&sz=587&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=n5TIF0ZKAKEQaM:&tbnh=152&tbnw=197&prev=/images%3Fq%3D2002%2Bsacramento%2Bkings%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1135%26bih%3D587%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C67&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=139&vpy=170&dur=2212&hovh=197&hovw=256&tx=123&ty=123&ei=VamnTIDmCIn4sAP9tYWeDA&oei=VamnTIDmCIn4sAP9tYWeDA&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0&biw=1135&***=587
finger_huge.jpg

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://lowposts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/finger_huge.jpg&imgrefurl=http://lowposts.com/tag/chris-webber/&usg=__ClVHsHoghA8JQjzXIt38UTFph6Q=&h=803&w=1042&sz=587&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=n5TIF0ZKAKEQaM:&tbnh=152&tbnw=197&prev=/images%3Fq%3D2002%2Bsacramento%2Bkings%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1135%26bih%3D587%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C67&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=139&vpy=170&dur=2212&hovh=197&hovw=256&tx=123&ty=123&ei=VamnTIDmCIn4sAP9tYWeDA&oei=VamnTIDmCIn4sAP9tYWeDA&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0&biw=1135&***=587
finger_huge.jpg

Originally Posted by Physicx

anyone remember during the nhl lockout there was that one team al bars kazan in the khl that had heatley, lecavalier, kovy, kovalev, richards, nylander and bulin wall?

Damn I remember that, I think they ended up losing early in the playoffs too if I remember correctly. That team would have even been dominant in the NHL, that was back when the lightning were coming off a championship too, I have no idea how they didn't win in the KHL.

Im gonna add another team to the list too, the 95-96 Detroit Red Wings. Yzerman, Fedorov, Coffey, Lidstrom, Ciccarelli, Primeau, Fetisov, Kozlov, Larionov, Osgood..62-13-7 record, survived the Game 7 against St Louis on that great Yzerman goal then lost to Colorado and didnt even make the cup finals, although that was a great Colorado team they lost to.

Originally Posted by Physicx

anyone remember during the nhl lockout there was that one team al bars kazan in the khl that had heatley, lecavalier, kovy, kovalev, richards, nylander and bulin wall?

Damn I remember that, I think they ended up losing early in the playoffs too if I remember correctly. That team would have even been dominant in the NHL, that was back when the lightning were coming off a championship too, I have no idea how they didn't win in the KHL.

Im gonna add another team to the list too, the 95-96 Detroit Red Wings. Yzerman, Fedorov, Coffey, Lidstrom, Ciccarelli, Primeau, Fetisov, Kozlov, Larionov, Osgood..62-13-7 record, survived the Game 7 against St Louis on that great Yzerman goal then lost to Colorado and didnt even make the cup finals, although that was a great Colorado team they lost to.

2001 St Louis Rams with Holt,Bruce,Warner,Faulk but I'm not mad. Helped kick start our dynasty 
happy.gif

2001 St Louis Rams with Holt,Bruce,Warner,Faulk but I'm not mad. Helped kick start our dynasty 
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom