Stacked teams forgotten in history --- vol. couldnt get it done

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Jesus.
laugh.gif
  it'll go back and forth forever when it comes to that 02 series, but all jokes aside i hope sacramento can become good again because those playoff series and games were fun,  i don't think i ever hated a team like i hated that 02 kings team but they woulda won it the next season had webber not got hurt in that dallas series imo
laugh.gif
pretty much what I was gonna say but didn't wanna add to the bickering. Bottomline is, Lakers won. Kings choked big time in 02
frown.gif
I hate the arguing because its almost been a decade now
eek.gif
If it was recent I'd be all about a nice debate, but the series is literally history now
laugh.gif
It is what it is. A good, pretty much classic playoff series. Somewhat controversial. Just two teams that gutted it out, and ended with one team rising to the occasion.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

2001 Oakland A's
30t6p3b.gif

102-60

Jason Giambi
Miguel Tejada
Johnny Damon
Jermaine Dye
Eric Chavez

Tim Hudson
Barry Zito
Mark Mulder

& they were up 2-0 vs Yankees going back to Oakland. I hate you Derek jeter
%%@! Jeremy Giambi
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

don't forget the 95 Indians who were more stacked, Sandy Alomar Jr, Albert Belle, Manny, Jim Thome, Kenny Lofton, Eddie Murray, Omar

sick.gif
sick.gif
I remember that as a kid, watching the Indians and Mariners beast.
30t6p3b.gif
@ having Belle, Manny, and Thome in the same lineup
laugh.gif
Then you throw in the best leadoff hitter at the time as well.

don't forget the 95 Indians who were more stacked, Sandy Alomar Jr, Albert Belle, Manny, Jim Thome, Kenny Lofton, Eddie Murray, Omar

sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

2001 Oakland A's
30t6p3b.gif

102-60

Jason Giambi
Miguel Tejada
Johnny Damon
Jermaine Dye
Eric Chavez

Tim Hudson
Barry Zito
Mark Mulder

& they were up 2-0 vs Yankees going back to Oakland. I hate you Derek jeter
%%@! Jeremy Giambi
30t6p3b.gif

Jesus.
laugh.gif
  it'll go back and forth forever when it comes to that 02 series, but all jokes aside i hope sacramento can become good again because those playoff series and games were fun,  i don't think i ever hated a team like i hated that 02 kings team but they woulda won it the next season had webber not got hurt in that dallas series imo
laugh.gif
pretty much what I was gonna say but didn't wanna add to the bickering. Bottomline is, Lakers won. Kings choked big time in 02
frown.gif
eek.gif
If it was recent I'd be all about a nice debate, but the series is literally history now
laugh.gif
It is what it is. A good, pretty much classic playoff series. Somewhat controversial. Just two teams that gutted it out, and ended with one team rising to the occasion.

it was a classic series, probably one of the last matchups in the nba where you knew both teams didn't like eachother. it had controversy on both sides, ill flat out admit game 6 n samaki walkers shot that shouldn't have counted in game 4.

it's crazy how it's almost been a decade though.  time is no joke,  being back in hs in 02 seems like yesterday to me
laugh.gif

hopefully the kings can build around what the young guys they have and become good again so the 2 teams can meet in the playoffs again.

Jesus.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
frown.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif

it was a classic series, probably one of the last matchups in the nba where you knew both teams didn't like eachother. it had controversy on both sides, ill flat out admit game 6 n samaki walkers shot that shouldn't have counted in game 4.

it's crazy how it's almost been a decade though.  time is no joke,  being back in hs in 02 seems like yesterday to me
laugh.gif

hopefully the kings can build around what the young guys they have and become good again so the 2 teams can meet in the playoffs again.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

As a kid, I used to HATE when they played the M's and the Indians.  But those were some of the best playoff series I've ever watched in the mid to late 90s when they added Matt Williams.  It brought me great joy to see the bench of the Indians after Renteria's single
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

As a kid, I used to HATE when they played the M's and the Indians.  But those were some of the best playoff series I've ever watched in the mid to late 90s when they added Matt Williams.  It brought me great joy to see the bench of the Indians after Renteria's single
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

did you not watch the malice in the palace game?

they were blowing the pistons out by 20

thats why the whole fight started,the pistons were frustrated.

indiana had just as good a defense as detroit,but they had a better offense

Have you follow a WHOLE SEASON? One meaningless game in NOV means nothing in APRIL,MAY and JUNE.
And had they even gotten past DET they had NO CHANCE vs the 05 champs.
That 05 team beat TEAMS at there own game. Good times.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

did you not watch the malice in the palace game?

they were blowing the pistons out by 20

thats why the whole fight started,the pistons were frustrated.

indiana had just as good a defense as detroit,but they had a better offense

Have you follow a WHOLE SEASON? One meaningless game in NOV means nothing in APRIL,MAY and JUNE.
And had they even gotten past DET they had NO CHANCE vs the 05 champs.
That 05 team beat TEAMS at there own game. Good times.
pimp.gif

'98 Padres.
Tony Gwynn (HOFer)
Trevor Hoffman (HOFer)
Ken Caminiti (League MVP)
Greg Vaughn (50 HR season)
Kevin Brown (Cy Young Finalist)
Andy Ashby (All-Star)
Steve Finley (Gold Glove All-Star)

Spoiler [+]
ok, maybe they weren't THAT stacked haha, but its the best team we've ever had

'98 Padres.
Tony Gwynn (HOFer)
Trevor Hoffman (HOFer)
Andy Ashby (All-Star)

Spoiler [+]

anyone remember during the nhl lockout there was that one team al bars kazan in the khl that had heatley, lecavalier, kovy, kovalev, richards, nylander and bulin wall?

anyone remember during the nhl lockout there was that one team al bars kazan in the khl that had heatley, lecavalier, kovy, kovalev, richards, nylander and bulin wall?

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

Originally Posted by RickFoxJr

oldkings3.jpg
This team or the one a little earlier was really really fun and exciting to watch. I loved the team play and chemistry they had. I use to tell my buddies that the Phoenix teams today mimicked their style a little bit. 

Damn Blazers, that series with the Lakers still pisses me off. I loved that team and the team that came after. They just didn't care enough...
that's what killed those blazer teams, aside from steve smith and possibly sabonis, that team was filled with A hole players who just wanted a check. portland had the talent to win a title in 2000-01 with the team they had but they just imploded after the all star break that year. i remember an article in sports illustrated about them how they pretty much said screw the fans and what not. i know steve smith must have been happy when he got traded to san antonio

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

Originally Posted by RickFoxJr

oldkings3.jpg
This team or the one a little earlier was really really fun and exciting to watch. I loved the team play and chemistry they had. I use to tell my buddies that the Phoenix teams today mimicked their style a little bit. 

Damn Blazers, that series with the Lakers still pisses me off. I loved that team and the team that came after. They just didn't care enough...
that's what killed those blazer teams, aside from steve smith and possibly sabonis, that team was filled with A hole players who just wanted a check. portland had the talent to win a title in 2000-01 with the team they had but they just imploded after the all star break that year. i remember an article in sports illustrated about them how they pretty much said screw the fans and what not. i know steve smith must have been happy when he got traded to san antonio

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

'98 Padres.
Tony Gwynn (HOFer)
Trevor Hoffman (HOFer)
Andy Ashby (All-Star)

Spoiler [+]

Lol, the Yankees won almost every game that season . They would've overshadowed almost any team

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

'98 Padres.
Tony Gwynn (HOFer)
Trevor Hoffman (HOFer)
Andy Ashby (All-Star)

Spoiler [+]

Lol, the Yankees won almost every game that season . They would've overshadowed almost any team

Nobody has mentioned every single Atlanta Braves team from like 92-05 (minus the 1995 WS team)?

Nobody has mentioned every single Atlanta Braves team from like 92-05 (minus the 1995 WS team)?

Originally Posted by pdoggy85

I wrote the 96' team , but some years they had a weak batting order or bullpen and bench issues

Originally Posted by pdoggy85

I wrote the 96' team , but some years they had a weak batting order or bullpen and bench issues

Back
Top Bottom