Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Random thought, any of you find it strange that the Emperor (a biological male) who had children (or at least one child we know about) would want to rule as a female? If the Sith-hunter had brought Rey to him as a little girl, would he have 'possessed' her then? :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:
I think Palp would've waited until Rey was in her prime while raising her his way and brainwashing her.

Also I'm not sure the process was possession. He said he an all of the other with would be in her. So at best he would show up as a force ghost advising her. That was my assumption. Also he must've learned how to do this after RotJ cuz other wise he would've done it to Vader.

How does a Sith Lord like Palpatine only just discover the 'dyad' (sp??) by a chance pairing? Shouldn't that have been his goal?
I think he always knew of the concept of the dyad but never encountered one. Its a force thing so I'm not sure it's something he can make happen (like the chosen one) by pairing force sensitive ppl together. If he could he probably would've waited for his son to have another child or for Leia to.

Besides before that it was usually one powerful/talented force user that would show up like Luke to challenge the only other powerful force users like Vader and Sidious. Rey showed up for Kylo and Sidious.

I enjoyed the movie. I almost feel like the only people that didnt like it, didnt really watch the others.

Its a Star Wars movie..............It`s never been an Oscar worthy movie............It should never be taken as more than what it is. Enjoy the action, ignore the acting and bad dialogue and thats it, lol.

I enjoyed the movie. I almost feel like the only people that didnt like it, didnt really watch the others.

Its a Star Wars movie..............It`s never been an Oscar worthy movie............It should never be taken as more than what it is. Enjoy the action, ignore the acting and bad dialogue and thats it, lol.

Star Wars has won Oscars though

Finn was such a simp the whole movie for Ray.

A chick standing on top of a space ship with you and you still chasing after her.

Will we ever find out what he was gonna say to her?

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker ties just about everything up in a galaxy far, far away. Well, almost everything. One tantalising thread was left hanging: what was Finn going to tell Rey before they sunk into the sands in Pasaana? We now have a potential answer, thanks to The Rise of Skywalker director J.J. Abrams.
During a recent Q&A screening, J.J. Abrams offered his interpretation on the scene that had fans guessing and guessing well into the weekend. He said Finn wanted to tell Rey that he was Force-sensitive, but left it open-ended so it "could mean different things to different people."

Reactions: wr

tenor.gif

Dudes behind the Plinkett reviews

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker ties just about everything up in a galaxy far, far away. Well, almost everything. One tantalising thread was left hanging: what was Finn going to tell Rey before they sunk into the sands in Pasaana? We now have a potential answer, thanks to The Rise of Skywalker director J.J. Abrams.
During a recent Q&A screening, J.J. Abrams offered his interpretation on the scene that had fans guessing and guessing well into the weekend. He said Finn wanted to tell Rey that he was Force-sensitive, but left it open-ended so it "could mean different things to different people."
My beef is that if Finn was force sensitive, why not play that up more. He doesn’t have to be a Jedi, but his connection to the force was very underplayed.

My beef is that if Finn was force sensitive, why not play that up more. He doesn’t have to be a Jedi, but his connection to the force was very underplayed.
To me the entire 3rd act was heavy handed with it.

Oh I sense the satellite dish we need to take out is over there, I got this feeling that it's that star destroyer that will be guiding the fleet out of here since they're not using that dish anymore. I got a feeling we need to take out their main control room to really end this.

Matter of fact didn't he also sense when Rey temporarily died?

It was like Finn was in the room with them. If they hadn't shown those scenes it would've looked like Finn had full on precognition which I don't think has been displayed among force users other than Anakin having premonitions in the prequels.

To me it was wild obvious he was displaying some unique ability of the force.

Of course JJ says sone bull **** like he wanted to leave that up for interpretation in the last movie of the trilogy.

That's why I said my boy Boyega needs his own movies. Revamp the Finn character, keep Rey out the movie. Let dude go on a search to find his parents/where he came from or find somebody that can help him develop his force abilities.

Last edited:
C CP1708 probably from reading one of those books that are no longer canon

50 Shades of the Dark Side

In a sense, this was it. In the books, another Palps does come back, Luke turns to the dark side to defeat him. (Temporarily of course)

He also keeps massive fleets hidden and clones others, etc etc.

And Plageius, who he mentions in RotS was his mentor and obsessed with avoiding death. My guessing here is tie some of that together and it explains some details.

Also, Rey killing him and taking his (and all Sith) power? Bane, Rule of Two era stuff there.

Word for word EU? No, course not. But did they dip their toes a lil bit? I'd say yes. Same as Han/Leia's son turning to the Dark side.

Back
Top Bottom