Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree wholeheartedly with this opinion, but for some odd reason I still liked the damn movie :lol:

I will say this - I think corners were cut mostly to try and right the wrongs of the Last Jedi, and it had to do these things to expedite the storyline because we couldn’t get from A to Z without hitting some of these key points:
  • Rey actually gettin trained by a Skywalker
  • Luke actually acting like Luke from the OG trilogy
  • Palpetine should have been hinted at in Last Jedi instead of rushing through this critical storyline in Rise of Skywalker
And I think these are points JJ wanted set in the last jedi, but because they weren’t he had to go back and tell that story.
I gotta assume JJ has a 3 hour cut that is better for plot points that wasn't the theatrical release due to not risking the box office being as high as possible.
I agree wholeheartedly with this opinion, but for some odd reason I still liked the damn movie :lol:

I will say this - I think corners were cut mostly to try and right the wrongs of the Last Jedi, and it had to do these things to expedite the storyline because we couldn’t get from A to Z without hitting some of these key points:
  • Rey actually gettin trained by a Skywalker
  • Luke actually acting like Luke from the OG trilogy
  • Palpetine should have been hinted at in Last Jedi instead of rushing through this critical storyline in Rise of Skywalker
And I think these are points JJ wanted set in the last jedi, but because they weren’t he had to go back and tell that story.
Yeah, definitely and those are just the main plot details that need to be addressed.

There's stuff like character development for Finn, character development for Poe, etc. that simply didn't happen.

As much screen time and dialogue as he got you go in to IX still unsure if the main cast is actually a trio cuz what did Poe do in VIII?

Finally peeped. Forgettable movie. Visuals/CGI were great. Plot had no real stakes. That Walmart brand Endgame portal scene :smh:

5. 5/8

Tenet prologue >>>>>>>
That Ludwig score :pimp:
That 6 minutes was intense
Nolan does it again. Can't wait :pimp:

Hate to say it but Star Wars needs to be strictly an episode series on Disney + they shouldn’t make movies for a long time. At least it if it’s a tv show we get more time to develop an emotional connection with the characters. From 7 episodes I feel like I know more about the Madalorian than any of the new characters from this last trilogy.

The Nolan brothers, thats who they should somehow nab to do a SW trilogy.

My other suggestions being Noah Hawley, Lindelof, and Sam Esmail.

All far better than JJ and Rian.

Just give us an animated series with Luke, Han and Leia that takes place after Return of the Jedi.

How hard is that to ask?

That’ll only serve to make the ST even worse. No way you can show a young Luke full of optimism and power and say he’s going to turn into that dingy bum we saw in TLJ. Not for the reasons that were provided. Now if Rey had a wife that was killed by his dark sided nephew and a daughter that disappeared and went into a depression and into hiding from that then I could understand his regression...

Felt like the plot of the last three movies. They getting to the end of the milk with this cow

I really hope the critical consensus being pretty negative makes these people realize that catering to fanboys is the death of interesting storytelling.

This whole saga has made me hate fandoms, they are just toxic and filled with the most annoying people. :lol:

This did less than $200M domestically? Yikes!

And I think TLJ experienced a 90% drop in week 2 of its release so curious what ROS does next weekend.

Disney they're own worst enemy at this stage. They're creatively bankrupt and just rehashing 'ish because they can. The Skywalker saga is far from over, give it a bit and they'll reboot the original trilogy. Mega corporations don't purchase IPs to phase them out.

Hell, is a prequel to what is essentially one big suicide mission in Rogue One necessary? The movie was a great one shot, so leave it at that.

Surprised that Disney won't come out with a National Treasure 3 because the plot of this movie with the way finder, Sith blade, our 'heroes' going from location to location in search of the MacGuffin feels eerily similar.

I really hope the critical consensus being pretty negative makes these people realize that catering to fanboys is the death of interesting storytelling.

This whole saga has made me hate fandoms, they are just toxic and filled with the most annoying people. :lol:

Pretty sure you're trolling at this point, but what exactly was catered to fanboys and/or the fandom? In fact it's the complete opposite here, with this last film literally picking up some narratives from Reddit, online forums, etc...

Pretty sure you're trolling at this point, but what exactly was catered to fanboys and/or the fandom? In fact it's the complete opposite here, with this last film literally picking up some narratives from Reddit, online forums, etc...
Pretty sure what you’re saying is actually an aspect of catering to “fan boys” :lol:

I don't want Feige and his tv level aesthetic near Star Wars.

The score, and cinematic feel will greatly be affected. No thank you.

If he can keep those elements up to par, not bring in some random from Buffy to score the film, nor some random animated guy to do the cinematography, I'm in.

You guys saying Star Wars doesn’t have any creative content for any more movies are hella trippin :lol:

they just need the right people to tell the stories. And a vision for the end game (pun intended). there are so many stories to tell in the Star Wars universe.

Disney they're own worst enemy at this stage. They're creatively bankrupt and just rehashing 'ish because they can. The Skywalker saga is far from over, give it a bit and they'll reboot the original trilogy. Mega corporations don't purchase IPs to phase them out.

Hell, is a prequel to what is essentially one big suicide mission in Rogue One necessary? The movie was a great one shot, so leave it at that.

Surprised that Disney won't come out with a National Treasure 3 because the plot of this movie with the way finder, Sith blade, our 'heroes' going from location to location in search of the MacGuffin feels eerily similar.

I personally believe due to the overwhelming negative response of the prequels they had to go this direction.

From it's initial point the ST was screwed because they went full OT reboot while trying to bring new characters.

That's was when they were f-.

Random thought, any of you find it strange that the Emperor (a biological male) who had children (or at least one child we know about) would want to rule as a female? If the Sith-hunter had brought Rey to him as a little girl, would he have 'possessed' her then? :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

How does a Sith Lord like Palpatine only just discover the 'dyad' (sp??) by a chance pairing? Shouldn't that have been his goal?

Random thought, any of you find it strange that the Emperor (a biological male) who had children (or at least one child we know about) would want to rule as a female? If the Sith-hunter had brought Rey to him as a little girl, would he have 'possessed' her then? :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

How does a Sith Lord like Palpatine only just discover the 'dyad' (sp??) by a chance pairing? Shouldn't that have been his goal?
Palpetine having a kid is an even bigger issue in the plot line than him having a grand daughter.

That boy must have been the Star Wars equivalent of Mark Davis :smh:

Back
Top Bottom