• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was about to post that

Nah though.

He wants to name lame was Attack of the Clones Revenge if the Sith when they aint really get their revenge until episode III.

Wants to name Force Awakens the Empire Strikes Back :lol: :smh:

Only certain things make sense like episode IX being named the Phantom Menace and episode VI being named The Last Jedi.

Wilford Brimley, who starred in the TV movie, Ewoks: The Battle for Endor, passed away at the age of 85.

Noa_Briqualon.jpg

As long as they don't turn him into the snooty, cheesy, mustache twirling, pontificating officer that star Wars tends to think scares people.

"You get yourself involved in projects and you’re not necessarily going to like everything. [But] what I would say to Disney is do not bring out a black character, market them to be much more important in the franchise than they are and then have them pushed to the side," Boyega told GQ Magazine. "It’s not good. I’ll say it straight up."

"Like, you guys knew what to do with Daisy Ridley, you knew what to do with Adam Driver," he added. "You knew what to do with these other people, but when it came to Kelly Marie Tran, when it came to John Boyega, you know **** all. So what do you want me to say? What they want you to say is, 'I enjoyed being a part of it. It was a great experience...' Nah, nah, nah. I'll take that deal when it's a great experience. They gave all the nuance to Adam Driver, all the nuance to Daisy Ridley. Let's be honest. Daisy knows this. Adam knows this. Everybody knows. I'm not exposing anything."

41mUvRO4kXL.jpg

"You get yourself involved in projects and you’re not necessarily going to like everything. [But] what I would say to Disney is do not bring out a black character, market them to be much more important in the franchise than they are and then have them pushed to the side," Boyega told GQ Magazine. "It’s not good. I’ll say it straight up."

"Like, you guys knew what to do with Daisy Ridley, you knew what to do with Adam Driver," he added. "You knew what to do with these other people, but when it came to Kelly Marie Tran, when it came to John Boyega, you know **** all. So what do you want me to say? What they want you to say is, 'I enjoyed being a part of it. It was a great experience...' Nah, nah, nah. I'll take that deal when it's a great experience. They gave all the nuance to Adam Driver, all the nuance to Daisy Ridley. Let's be honest. Daisy knows this. Adam knows this. Everybody knows. I'm not exposing anything."

41mUvRO4kXL.jpg

He ain't lying. So much more they could have done with both of those characters, and I think the fact that they didn't is why so many despise those two characters and why they get so much hate. Neither of them are at fault, obviously.

Was John expecting a bigger part of the movie? I thought he was already a big part, but I’m assuming his characters storyline was changed along the way?

im not defending the mouse or SW at all, because I think the new trilogy was trash, but I don’t know if his character was pushed to the side intentionally due to race but probably more due to lack of direction from the entire stupid trilogy.

this happened to Kelly forsure, but I’m curious about what exactly were the plans of his character if that’s the case.

Three films. Different directors. Multi story revisions. Whole sequel trilogy incoherent mess. Game of Thrones was waste of years, but Star Wars was waste of decades.
At least can go back to previous Legends and Original material.

giphy.gif

It seems like they couldn't see themselves in John and Kelly so it was hard to apply more feeling and realness to them than cliche plucky minority sidekick when John is a cot damn leading role.

41mUvRO4kXL.jpg

Got nothin but respect for John Boyega

Just what happens when you have plot-by-committee. Story was everywhere and characters weren't written well. Obvs I don't think JB expected a bigger role, but he his character was reduced substantially in E8 & E9. He had an interesting story in E7... but to see him turned into a subplot B-character was disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom