Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just watched 'Rise of the Skywalker' for the first time since seeing it in theaters. Definitely better the second time around. Also, it looks fantastic in 4K. :nthat:

Colt .45 back in the universe.

SlushyUnequaledItaliangreyhound-small.gif

Lol so reboot talk hasn’t happened in the thread yet...interesting. The whispers have gotten louder though. This sequel trilogy is about to become “Legends”. Sweet irony.

Lol so reboot talk hasn’t happened in the thread yet...interesting. The whispers have gotten louder though. This sequel trilogy is about to become “Legends”. Sweet irony.
Yea I kept running into this rumor all over the place and I run here to see if anyone here sparked a conversation. If the rumors are true then it looks even worse on Disney and everyone involved. And imo as awesome as it sounds, it’s probably a bad idea because those movies just came out lol

I say best route is try to make a new saga that’ll blow the sky walker story out the water. Sky walker saga included 3 industrial takes on Star Wars, OT having almost no tech, PT using all green screen, and ST using a combination. I say it’s awesome to have a 3 generational take since the movies take place over generations, but that can also be horrible in terms of story telling, directors, etc.
However, the way they’re shooting the Mandalorian seems like a good place to start in terms of tech and visual approach (that 360 environment shot).

Last edited:
Should've been Lando the movie.

yup.. do a character that is legit doable..

we havent really really seen vader wreck shop on the big screen until the end of rogue one and mcgregor deserves better

those seemed like the obvious to do.. just seems too hard to try and find someone who can pull off the han character

As much as I’d love to just call the sequel trilogy a “legends” storyline, it ain’t happening.

Disney ain’t WB/DCEU

Yea I kept running into this rumor all over the place and I run here to see if anyone here sparked a conversation. If the rumors are true then it looks even worse on Disney and everyone involved. And imo as awesome as it sounds, it’s probably a bad idea because those movies just came out lol

I say best route is try to make a new saga that’ll blow the sky walker story out the water. Sky walker saga included 3 industrial takes on Star Wars, OT having almost no tech, PT using all green screen, and ST using a combination. I say it’s awesome to have a 3 generational take since the movies take place over generations, but that can also be horrible in terms of story telling, directors, etc.
However, the way they’re shooting the Mandalorian seems like a good place to start in terms of tech and visual approach (that 360 environment shot).

From what’s being said the reboot is going to go about softly by exploring material immediately after RotJ. Different books, television shows and films that tell stories but slowly change the future which was told to us from the ST. Once we approach the timeline that the ST takes place, the films/shows/books will just write over what took place during the time period the ST films happened in and be considered an alternate universe/multiverse that happened. All this is to be driven by the “Veil of the force” which was first mentioned in Star Wars: Rebels. As the story is being set up, it’s basically mentioning that Palpatine had a room of mirrors on the deathstar that opened the gates to alternate reality and time lines. Supposedly Palpatine accesses the veil of the force when being thrown down the shoot by Vader and viola, he escapes to another reality where he (inexplainably) alive and we have a crappy Disney sequel trilogy. The reason why this is gaining so much traction however is because the source of the rumors is supposedly close to Favreau who along with Filoni have been in contact with Lucas on upcoming projects that he’s been giving tiny critiques on and they are in belief that they can bring George back to Star Wars under the guise that he gets to make the ST he wanted and doesn’t have any pressure to even touch Kathleen Kennedy’s garbage. Their is two factions right now within LucasFilm; the Lucas side who is avidly trying and succeeding to get him back on board and the Kennedy faction that is trying to keep what she made Canon and honor her legacy at Lucasfilms since it’s seeming her contract won’t be extended past 2021 but the shareholders have the final say and they’re favoring Lucas’ return due to dwindling returns of TLJ and RoS compared to the massive opening of TFA and toy sales being dead in the water. Disney didn’t buy Star Wars to reach a dead end after 1 trilogy and 2 spinoffs.

Rumor was bogus from jump. They were gonna undo all 3 films, and sorry, no. :lol:

The other one I heard about yesterday was George Lucas comin back. :lol: Let it go folks. "Let the past die, kill it if you have to" :smokin

You and I both know what’s about to happen...I have a good feeling about this :nthat:

As much I don’t like the new trilogy overall compared to the other two. There is not going to be a reboot. Let the skywalker saga and everything around outside of Mandalorian sit for awhile. Tap into that old republic.

As much I don’t like the new trilogy overall compared to the other two. There is not going to be a reboot. Let the skywalker saga and everything around outside of Mandalorian sit for awhile. Tap into that old republic.

The “reboot” I feel is inevitable. Disney is at a dead end as it pertains to Star Wars films and public perception. This was supposed to be the trilogy that made markets like China heavily invested in Star Wars but they’re less interested now than ever before. Hell you lost interest in the states even. Galaxy’s Edge is costing Disney money now for its parks and the biggest culprit, the toys, are rotting on shelves. This is why the shareholders are urging Disney to rework and reimagine the message the ST gave us. They tried to purge off the mega fans and now they’ll need them to revive the public perception of Star Wars. Mandalorian is the ground work.

Next, we need an animated series of Luke’s adventures immediately after RotJ. EVERYTHING starts with Luke...

:lol: @ a reboot.

Y'all need to know definitions of words. If they just ignore the ST, never mention it, barely reference events and just move on thats not a reboot.

A clear sign of a reboot is if they bring back old Luke Skywalker and Han Solo and Leia (obviously can't).

Also I just cant see Disney/Lucasfilm admitting to a reboot as a studio. So if they want to erase the ST that badly they'd have to have some event post RotJ and most likely introduce time travel

I really don't see why the studio cant do what they always do and just skip a few decades and start a relatively new story. Especially after they touch on the High Republic stuff they want to currently focus on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom