Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Patty also left Thor: The Dark World over creative differences too.

Some directors, especially if they have a little clout, just aren't willing to be micromanaged like that.

Is there a list of all the SW Directors announced and fired since Disney took over?

I need a Josh Trank interview of where he wanted to originally go with his Boba Fett movie too.
Y'all really think its a "since Disney took over" thing? They probably are micromanaging but I get it with a valuable franchise. They trying not to be forced to stop for a long time and reboot

Cuz I'm pretty sure George wouldn't have entertained 99% of the directors who were considered, quit, or actually got to direct a SW movie.

Only Ron Howard would've got a shot :lol:

y’all think its Kathleen Kennedy or someone else?

and if i’m trying to do anything star wars, i’d rather it be a series and expanding the universe in that sense…fall under the favreau and filoni umbrella too.
She's a part of it for sure. I imagine her and anyone who came up under George not understanding how great filmmakers can expand on those concepts.

Don’t need to clout chase but NT’s represented on that Boba special. This was from a Make-A-Wish event in 2018.

513C6D10-3533-4081-992B-E5990F245BB1.jpeg
Boba.gif

I talked to a few insiders this week that said the real culprit was the dreaded "creative differences"; specifically, Jenkins couldn't agree on the script with Lucasfilm executives, including senior V.P. Michelle Rejwan. That's not unusual, of course, but it's a laughably recurring problem at Lucasfilm under president Kathleen Kennedy, say agents: Top filmmakers are dying to make a Star Wars movie—until they sign on and experience the micromanagement and plot-point-by-committee process. It happened to the Game of Thrones guys, David Benioff and Dan Weiss, who were hired to create a new trilogy but bailed. It also happened to Rian Johnson, writer and director of 2017's The Last Jedi, whose own planned trilogy was shelved.

:pimp:

Patty also left Thor: The Dark World over creative differences too.

Some directors, especially if they have a little clout, just aren't willing to be micromanaged like that.

I get it, but I also think its reasonable for the studios to expect directors to give up some level of autonomy when its a culturally iconic franchise involved.

Just stop wasting everyone’s time talking with other people and just stick with Feloni and Favreau or any of the other folks who directed episodes of Mandalorian.
I think the problem there is how many movies they want to do once they start their next trilogies.

Over the past 5 years there's been like 7 different directors or duos attached to 7 different movies. I'm pretty sure Lucasfilm wants to do what the MCU is doing with several different franchises up and going.

Favreau, Filoni, Rodriguez can only do so much and sometimes it's about if they even want to do it. I'm pretty sure Favreau has enough good will at Disney that if he wants to make a movie he can go to Marvel or Pixar or Lucasfilm and have it made. Dude is still in the MCU, he probably just aint gravitate toward making another movie.
Funny/interesting clip having the process explained by a director...

...and this was over 20 years ago...

WB is straight trash.

They don't know what they doing at all. Way out of touch.

Last edited:
What all is current now?

Book of Boba
Obi Wan
Ahsoka

Rogue Squadron on hold.

Nothing has come from Solo yet. (Tho they set up potential sequel storylines)

Rian Johnson films on hold.
GoT films on hold.

They've pissed off so many directors they won't have any big screen showings until AT LEAST 2024. (I suppose possible to get in late 2023 but nothin currently bein worked on, so kinda doubt that)

Even though i didn’t like the sequel trilogy, i thought the actors were great and i wouldn’t mind seeing some of them return.

Back
Top Bottom