Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Exactly. They didn't learn a damn thing.

Recast young Mace? Sure, have fun.
75 year old limpin around? Gimme a break.

Same nonsense that harmed them with the OG's.

Yea kinda hope they're done with that after we got old Leia, Solo and Luke last time around but with the reception that Hayden Christensen got for his reprisal, I feel like they're gonna lean into it again :lol::smh:

Granted him and Ewan McGregor aren't exactly old per se but thats just more of the same dredging up established characters that have had more than enough spotlight over decades now instead of introducing more new characters to continue the saga for newer and fresher iterations...

Gimme a single season de-aged Mase where Boba can give him a cooler on-screen death:lol:

IMG_2875.jpeg

But to McDiarmid himself, it makes sense. Speaking to Empire in a major new interview – celebrating 25 years of the Star Wars prequels – he shared his thoughts on Palpatine’s mysterious comeback. “A lot of people said it was ridiculous,” he says. “Of course, he was dead at the end of Return Of The Jedi! And frankly, I think George thought he’d killed me too. But J.J. thought it would be a good idea – I wasn’t going to argue with him.” Still, if there’s anyone who might be able to pull off a return from beyond the grave, it might just be Palpatine. “I felt that Palpatine always had a plan B – probably a plan C, D, E, and F as well,” McDiarmid reasons. “And he was an expert in cloning, so…”

Exactly. They didn't learn a damn thing.

Recast young Mace? Sure, have fun.
75 year old limpin around? Gimme a break.

Same nonsense that harmed them with the OG's.
It’s no different than Obi-Wan and bringing back Hayden.

They’re gonna see any success with prequel characters as a green light to give us more prequel stuff repackaged and continued.

Especially after they didn’t receive the response they wanted from the new stuff they gave to the world.

Stick with Filoni if you want semi-new.

I don't agree with that piece. Hayden isn't 75 years old man. Him coming back in cameos is great, in short bursts.

A full on series with a 75 year old lead? That's not a good idea, at all. Even if they de-age him, he can't move the same.

A full on series with a 75 year old lead? That's not a good idea, at all. Even if they de-age him, he can't move the same.

He may be a 75 year old man but all the evidence should lead everyone to assume it’ll be a show full of a bunch of younger/diverse actors being the focal point of the story.

Mace just gets the title name and Sam gets to cash in another payday to phone it in.

I don't agree with that piece. Hayden isn't 75 years old man. Him coming back in cameos is great, in short bursts.

None of that really matters.

They’ll have some 30 something old stunt double for fight scenes

Or given Mace’s injuries he may show back up as a cyborg in a similar vein to Maul and they’ll just cgi all of his movements.

Besides they literally just did a series with the same 75 year old last year. No reason not to do it again.

Simply put, this may not be the sci-fi action Star Wars based series you’re looking for.

1708133320957.gif

He may be a 75 year old man but all the evidence should lead everyone to assume it’ll be a show full of a bunch of younger/diverse actors being the focal point of the story.

Mace just gets the title name and Sam gets to cash in another payday to phone it in.
More than one way to approach the hypothetical series:

They literally pick up from Mace’s fall, do a whole de-aged SamJack and follow the story from there. How he escapes, survived order 66, what he’s been doing from then on

They could also do a time skip to any point in the future. They can pick it up from during the OT or after the ST or any time in between. Have an old Mace on some mission/journey and fill things out with flashbacks of how Mace survived and explain why he hasn’t been seen since.

They can do a bigger time skip, new story with an old Mace and just drag their feet on how Mace survived and why he hasn’t been involved with anything for however many decades.

Back
Top Bottom