Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I keep trying to stay out of here, but I can't. Luckily Lucasfilm put an embargo on the reviews. I'll be seeing it Thursday night in IMAX 3D, graduate with my masters Friday, then a screening at Pixar on Saturday. One of the best weekends of my life :lol: I'm juiced like Barry Bonds

Avoided this thread, haven't seen any trailer outside the initial trailer and no spoilers.

I'm soo excited for this movie. Long time fan of the franchise, first time seeing a cinematic viewing in my adult life. So many feels. :smokin :smokin

This movie gonna be flames. I done read the spoiler board pdf so I know it all. I just want to see it on the screen now :pimp:

Started to read and closed it after a couple of slides. What I already spoiled for myself about Kylo last night is enough. :smh:

For those that want to be spoiled

CLICK AND PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

This is insane.

MASSIVE SPOILERS

It's like somebody was at the premiere with their laptop open taking meticulous notes. I scrolled down and couldn't believe the quality of depth the way quotes were in there. Son must've had the script but just didn't want to post it.

The ending has been the hot topic of discussion for the past 36 hrs. Disney cut off its nose to save its face. I understand it, and it's pretty tongue in cheek but dammit stop treating this film like the first in the trilogy and treat it like a standalone continuation!

a new hope stood on its own and empire was even better.

i understand what people are saying.

lots of plot holes that most will ignore due to their love for star wars

hate lucas all you want but atleast back then this franchise was about film making and not cashing in on a huge acquisition.

Yeah it was not until Jedi that Lucas began writing for merchandise instead of a story. That is why producer Gary Kurtz and him had a falling out when developing the third film because it was originally supposed to continue the tone that the previous two had established and it shows.

Anyways, I do not know if these have been posted here but Belated Media came up with a series of videos titled What if Episode I, II, and III were good and he came up with a very interesting take if a few changes were made in the story.

been reading a few reviews and some spoilers. I don't think I'm going to be disappointed with the way things are supposedly going to go. just have to remember there are 2 more of these flicks to go

But it is the first in a trilogy... And it isn't a standalone film :lol:...

Yes it is. Gone are the days where you went into a movie and got a full story. Star Wars could've ended in 1977 and would have been a complete story not really leaving you wanting more. This film dangles the nostalgia angle constantly in your face and when the Mcguffin is finally in arms reach it's credit roll time. Wait for the sequel and the sequel's sequel to answer basic questions....

a new hope stood on its own and empire was even better.

i understand what people are saying.

lots of plot holes that most will ignore due to their love for star wars

hate lucas all you want but atleast back then this franchise was about film making and not cashing in on a huge acquisition.

Exactly. This was Lucas' baby. Fault him all you want for the PT but he cared about the storytelling. Disney isn't hiding the fact that this is PURELY a money machine.

a "standalone continuation" would essentially focus only on the OT cast then, right?

it has to be treated as the first act of a much, much larger story

i get what you're saying but the wording is what made me laugh

Last edited:
:frown: :frown: :frown:

pwpocvv09bwpvjc1xuzx.gif

Click below as to why

This scene is NOT in the movie :frown:

a "standalone continuation" would essentially focus only on the OT cast then, right?

it has to be treated as the first act of a much, much larger story

i get what you're saying but the wording is what made me laugh

It seems as though the film does a fair amount of focusing on the OT. That isn't the discrepancy, it's the plot holes and the fact that the whole movie is based on an idea and doesn't explain why.

It's been 30 years since we've seen Luke. We can't see him fight but to add insult to injury we won't even here him speak and acknowledge his "maybe" daughter?!"

not clicking spoilers :lol:

this film has converted me to being "Anti-Spoiler" just because i'm seeing the negative effect it's having on everyone

Back
Top Bottom