Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has anyone in here actually seen the film and not just read the breakdowns?

Plenty of films looked like **** on paper with synopses or script leaks and then were executed fantastically.

The whole point back in the day was that Lucas made the movie with no thoughts of a sequel. The movie was more of a risk than anything. It could have just as easily bombed. Now that it went on to spawn the greatest cinematic trilogy of all time is like hindsight is 20/20. Many franchises are built on the same concept and its like its an expectation.

The whole point back in the day was that Lucas made the movie with no thoughts of a sequel. The movie was more of a risk than anything. It could have just as easily bombed. Now that it went on to spawn the greatest cinematic trilogy of all time is like hindsight is 20/20. Many franchises are built on the same concept and its like its an expectation.
I was just thinking about this reading lamekilla lamekilla 's post watching those What If vids of the guy saying how he'd fix the prequel trilogy.

It sounded all well and good but by the end of it he's totally focused on hyping things up for episode 2. Everything he's said is to set up the sequel not make the movie feel complete. Leaving it with plot holes to be filled in later.

He said to have no Yoda at all, just allude to him and make it sound like he's on some mysterious mission, and bring him in later. Felt like dude missed the point but eh it's not like George did better overall.

Spoilers = the Darkside
laugh.gif
I have fully embraced the darkside. It called to me...
I'm excited to see the film, just read the spoilers in the link, still going to see it.

Really when you look at the original trilogy its like a stand alone movie with a sequel that sets up a sequel. Anh was complete with a celebration at the end and everything. Empire came out of left field to start and left a to be continued. The original trilogy is still tops imho. It moves along with no flashbacks, no regurgitating of stuff from one movie to the next except for the han rescue really. Its like a straight up adventure unfolding as you go along. Never be topped.

Iffy on wearing my Kylo helmet to the premiere

It's going to be a ***** to wear it with glasses on 
laugh.gif

Eeh. This movie left more questions than answers according to my relative who was at the premiere

Last edited:
I watched all 3 of his videos for the prequels and came out very impressed. Wanted to see a live action version immediately :lol:

Going to watch the Collider Video spoiler free review at midnight, cant wait

Well keep my eye out on Rotten Tomatoes to see how high the rating gets haha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom