Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea that was probably my biggest issue too. Then Rey ends up serving him with ease while she wearing Yeezy gear in a blizzard :x . She tapped into her potential too quickly for me, but who knows she may end up being stronger than everybody

That annoyed the hell out of me. Like really? You're all of a sudden a lightsaber combat master who can just give errbody the work?

I'm saying though... You didn't see what Chewie's blaster was doing to Stormtroopers? Benny caught one in the abdomen and was bleeding out the entire time. Don't mind the Kylo cape I just put on, I'm just sayin.. :lol:

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 Only just saw the Star Wars spoilers thread.  I think I'll just stay in here... 
laugh.gif

She was efficient with her staff though. Some of that had to apply to lightsaber combat. Also, Ben wasn't full strength either.

how yall complaining about Rey's skills when Finn picked it up and started using it no problem (until he fought Kylo).

The light fading from light to dark as Kylo put one in Han.

BB8's thumbs up

The ships flying over the water

The desert images of the ships downed

Every scene Rey is in.

Kylo's force choke and then actual choke all in one motion

Kylo stopping the blaster bolt

Phasma's look

Luke's scene

Stormtroopers layin around on real sets, not green screens.

Kylo's hissy fit and the 2 Stormtroopers just turn and go the other way.

Han's dialogue

The piece of junk on Jakku

The planets being flat out blasted out of the sky.

The shiny/sterile look of the Death Star built into the rocky side of a planet

The duel in the snow.

I'm gonna have to get some actual sleep and watch the movie again before i type up any kind of review, but overall it met my expectations.

Some minor gripes

-I wasn't completely happy with Finn's arc in the movie...was really hoping he would be a force sensitive. There could still be hope though so it'll be interesting to see where his character goes

-Captain Phasma was worthless

-the dialogue and scenes between Leia and Han was clunky and slightly cringe, especially when they were talking about Kylo. They could have found a better way to explain his betrayal

-Did not like Kylo getting washed by Rey at the end. It wasn't even close :lol:

-The final attack on Starkiller Base was wack to me. Zero tension and just felt tacked on because they needed their obligatory space battle. I was so checked out by the end that I didnt even realize Starkiller was destroyed.

They couldn't have at least had Phasma out there in a TIE fighter taking down some X-Wings and being some sort of threat to Poe like Vader was in ANH? Instead they had her being a joke :smh:

Wow, you were watching only a few miles away from me and you used your Jedi Mind Powers to think the same exact things as me about the film hahaha
I agree with like everything. Not a perfect film but a damn good, fun one.
I said the same thing about Starkiller Base at the end and someone in the theater said to me "Yeah I agree!" Lol!

Last edited:
​I'm just saying she picked it up too fast to serve Kylo, who we know for a fact has had some training. The memory wipe theory could explain her sudden skills, but we gotta wait to see. Her meditating for 10 secs ain't enough for me tho. I never read any of the EU but I heard Storm Troopers are given some saber training so I didn't question Finn's amateur skills(Plus Kylo gave him that work, which should have happened)

Last edited:
When Rey touched that lightsaber for the first time, that sure looked a lot like Flow Walking.

BB8 went along with the lie so I thought he was giving him a thumbs up but now yall got me looking back like maybe he was flipping him the bird 
laugh.gif
. That whole scene was money 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Yea that was probably my biggest issue too. Then Rey ends up serving him with ease while she wearing Yeezy gear in a blizzard :x . She tapped into her potential too quickly for me, but who knows she may end up being stronger than everybody

That annoyed the hell out of me. Like really? You're all of a sudden a lightsaber combat master who can just give errbody the work?
It's not like she had no experience, she fought off those thugs trying to steal.

From what we saw in the movie kylo has been fighting computer screens and unarmed dudes. He's the one who hasn't been in real combat for a while

Just another reason why I need to watch it again!
laugh.gif
  And like QuickSR said, BB8 went along with it, hence why I thought it was a thumbs up! 

Giving a thumbs-up by using a flame cuz he didn't have hands is still pretty funny! 
laugh.gif

Plus it's a Disney film!  

I guess they kept that bit ambiguous just for laughs... 

Back
Top Bottom