Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saw the film at a 10 am matinee. 

Crowd was mostly subdued. They laughed at the comic relief and clapped when Han and Chewie came on-screen.

I thought Daisy Ridley and John Boyega were really into their characters.

Lots of callbacks, maybe a little too many.

It's a good film, not a great one and certainly the best acting out of all of the films.

Saw it earlier at the 70mm IMAX near me. Amazing movie. It had everything I wanted out of Star Wars. Something I wish I could say about the prequels. Only nit I would pick is with Captain Phasma. Was anyone else completely unmoved and maybe disappointed with the character?

She had basically three scenes the entire movie. One where she orders Finn to get checked out, another where she reports Finn is missing, and the last one where she gets captured by Finn and Han. I thought they would do so much more with her character. At least put her in a Tie Fighter out there in the dogfights with the X-Wings or something! Her role was a letdown for me, but she does get props for that badass armor. I'm sure she'll be back in Ep.VIII so hopefully they do more with her character.

Saw it earlier at the 70mm IMAX near me. Amazing movie. It had everything I wanted out of Star Wars. Something I wish I could say about the prequels. Only nit I would pick is with Captain Phasma. Was anyone else completely unmoved and maybe disappointed with the character?

She had basically three scenes the entire movie. One where she orders Finn to get checked out, another where she reports Finn is missing, and the last one where she gets captured by Finn and Han. I thought they would do so much more with her character. At least put her in a Tie Fighter out there in the dogfights with the X-Wings or something! Her role was a letdown for me, but she does get props for that badass armor. I'm sure she'll be back in Ep.VIII so hopefully they do more with her character.
This is literally my only complaint as well. All the toys and marketing made it seem like she would have such a more prominent role. I low-key wished she replaced that random riot gear trooper against Finn. Harrison Ford really did do an amazing job, right down to his mannerisms and body language.

Realllly disappointed by the Kylo casting.

Dude shoulda kept his mask on

Good movie though. I am more than satisfied

who shot first first han or greedo? Was bb8 throwing a thumbs up or the bird? Star Wars be on that chicken or the egg revelation-esque questions 
laugh.gif

Still though it was the bird tho because Finn couldn't understand bb8, but bb8 could understand him

I thought the movie was very good.

Fun, humorous, well paced, two new strong leads, good integration of original trilogy elements and characters without overdoing it (for the most part). I do, however, have problems with how derivative it is of previous Star Wars films....

I mean...
Threat of super planet-destroying weapon (AGAIN?!)
Climactic attack runs to prevent firing, set against the background of command center staff counting down until detonation.

Force-strong, mask-wearing baddie who intimidates even his own soldiers.

Last edited:
does anyone believe kylo will end up turning to the light side???? he's in the exact steps of anakin/vader 
And don't understand why some are shooked that rey could fight. She's a scavenger, i'm pretty sure she's combative. And she seems mentally driven due to the fact that's she's been waiting for her family to return, but never did. Maybe that played a big part to how quickly and powerful she was with the force.

I honestly thought she was han's daughter, and the twin of kylo. Her and Han clicked so much and when she started using the blaster, she paused when she realized that she could shoot accurately. 

does anyone believe kylo will end up turning to the light side???? he's in the exact steps of anakin/vader 

And don't understand why some are shooked that rey could fight. She's a scavenger, i'm pretty sure she's combative. And she seems mentally driven due to the fact that's she's been waiting for her family to return, but never did. Maybe that played a big part to how quickly and powerful she was with the force.

I honestly thought she was han's daughter, and the twin of kylo. Her and Han clicked so much and when she started using the blaster, she paused when she realized that she could shoot accurately. 

:wink:

I think Snoke turns on him in Episode VIII and he's left either dead or by himself but i need more time to think about it lol

and i think Rey will be Luke's child

Some of my gripes:

Kylo Ren taking off his mask scene was sort of a let down.Adam Driver playing him didn't really seem like a scary or menacing character compared to Vader and Darth Maul.

Supreme leader Snook also felt like something out of the movie Promethrus

That's what i LOVED about Kylo and Driver's performance. He's not Vader and he never will be. Even he knows that. Vader came off like pure evil in the films, heart full of hate.

Kylo is angry but it's more so because he feels entitled to certain things (some of the promo materials even says he feels it's his birthright to rule the galaxy). At his core he's just a spoiled brat that seems to be scared ****-less. You see how shook he was when Rey resisted him? Even during the duel with her he looked scared.

He's not fully formed like Vader was in IV, you gotta estimate and say he's been with Snoke for about maybe 10 years (at most). Hell, his training isn't even complete.

Did Luke Skywalker have children? :nerd: With whom & who are they? :nerd:

After watching that last fight, I believe Rey and Ben are going to switch places. She's going to succumb to the Dark Side and he's going to come back to the light.
I mean that would be an interesting twist. Maybe. Overall I loved the movie and I will see it again. Face got real wet when Han went out. I knew it was gonna happen but it didn't hit me until Chewie got mad.

Last edited:
After watching that last fight, I believe Rey and Ben are going to switch places. She's going to succumb to the Dark Side and he's going to come back to the light.
I mean that would be an interesting twist. Maybe. Overall I loved the movie and I will see it again. Face got real wet when Han went out. I knew it was gonna happen but it didn't hit me until Chewie got mad.

i wanna say this is crazy but there is something interesting to take from the fight

Kylo was going for the kill when fighting Finn, every move was an attempted death blow. Against Rey he was a lot more defensive while towards the end it was her fighting to finish him. And if the ground doesn't split she probably does

Back
Top Bottom