Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you think the next movie will pick up right where they left off?

Probably gonna be a short timeskip and she'll already be doing some training.
It makes the most sense but then we miss out on their initial conversation and exposition dump

True enough. Hell they might do a really brief timeskip from that moment to right after when they're sitting down inside Luke's hut or whatever he's using for shelter. Though at the same time we can't expect everything Luke has to say concerning the past and such to take place in one conversation. Could be something like a timeskip, Rey's training, and then mentions what she's been up to. "I've been with you for X days/weeks now and all we've done is train. You still haven't told me what happened to the old Jedi you were training, what happened to Kylo Ren?" IDK it could go a number of ways :lol

The new Jedi Council will just be force ghosts. Obiwan, Yoda, Anakin & potentially Luke sitting in a circle haha. Midas whale throw in Jinn too.

From my understanding force ghost Yoda can only show up to Luke since he's had some training from him in real life.

Has a force ghost ever shown up to someone who has never met them in any of these movies? Maybe some voices but not the straight up ghost.

what's the deal with "the lost og jedi temple?" 8o
It's the first one, probably has some answers Luke was searching for. Like why he failed so epically.

i don't know how to do spoilers. :(

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER!

i was REALLY taken out of the film when ren took off his mask the first time. he was working to be my favorite villain of all time until that moment. IF they were to have him take it off i wish the first and ONLY time would have been when Han asked him to. that would have been EPIC and a lot more gratifying. i couldn't understand why they made it happen twice dulling the second more prominent moment and left with a bad taste in my mouth because of it.

all in all it was a GREAT intro movie to the new trilogy. it sets up the next one to be EPIC beyond words. i wish jj was continuing with the next one as well just to keep the continuity on point. especially after reading him say he wish he was doing the next one because of how amazing the script is.

which makes me wonder, with the script out and about and so many people raving about it...it would be a shame if it were to leak thus having them have to change the story from wherever it is headed now.

anyways i'm hype. great film. will watch again.

Last edited:
kylo didnt know he was related to rey so in the spirit of starwars incest, he wanted to charm rey with his looks 

It would be a cool way of connecting movies and filling in backstory if we get to meet a 25-30 year old version of max von sydow's character in rogue one 

for the people complaining about Rey being able to fly the Falcon with ease.

via the "Star Wars: Before The Awakening" companion book

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/201...-wars-before-the-awakening-by-greg-rucka.html

"What I liked about Rey’s story, was that although we get virtually no backstory on her parentage or why she was left behind on the desert wasteland, it did answer some of the questions that were raised by the film. When not scavenging or trading with Unkar at the Niima outpost, Rey spends virtually all of her free time building things and mastering her skills in flight simulations that she has restored from crashed ships scattered across Jakku’s landscape, which helps to explain how she knows so much about flying in the film and how she is able to single-handedly pilot the Falcon with such skill.

The skills she displays in this book add greatly to what we see on screen, and further bring out the similarities between her character and Anakin and Luke before her. We’ll have to wait till Episode VIII or IX to find out more about her family history, but she is without a doubt following the familiar Skywalker narrative that we have seen before. At this point, I will be greatly surprised if she is not a Skywalker."

also, I haven't read the actual book but the summary of Finn's chapter makes me wonder why the hell JJ had Finn say he worked sanitation

Last edited:
On a sidenote, and it's not really a big deal, but I kinda missed this...

20th-century-fox-o.gif

For me, I always expect to hear the SW theme song after that drumroll. 
laugh.gif

On a sidenote, and it's not really a big deal, but I kinda missed this...
20th-century-fox-o.gif

For me, I always expect to hear the SW theme song after that drumroll. :lol

Bruh you ain't the only one. It was kinda weird seeing not hearing that before FA

Just realized one of my Darth Maul heads has a lazy eye smh. Also I almost broke one of his fingers off messing around with the light sabers in his hands. There's a tiny tiny piece chopped off and a small crack in his hand so I gotta be careful. My favorite figure too :(

View media item 1840124
View media item 1840125

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom