Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At the time, the highly-choreographed and acrobatic lightsaber duels looked cool, but this one bit was really LOL to me... 
laugh.gif

6827383467_38cb77135d_o.gif

Is there any backstory on why JJ Abrams isn't directing episode VIII? And is the same person who is directing episode VIII directing IX? Also, is JJ writing either sequel or just on as a producer?

Also does anyone recommend and novels or comic books to fill in what happened between Return of the Jedi and force awakens?
3 different directors for each movie like the OT.

Lucasfilm decided this is how it would be early on. I'm sure there's some Kennedy quotes on how they came to that decision.

Ep IX will be directed by Trevorrow but Rian will write VIII and IX.

Last edited:
My girl had never seen any of the Star Wars movies but she really liked it. The biggest surprise to her were that the Stormtroopers were people
roll.gif
LOL..took mine to see it in IMAX she never saw any of the old ones, many questions afterwards, so we started watching 1-6

I'll be honest. I thought stormtroopers were robots. :rollin

I think I remember seeing Finn take off his helmet in the trailers too but it didn't click then :lol

Last edited:
it would be dope if they somehow made the 3rd movie (9) the best of the 3 for the first time in pretty much the history of movies lol.

like the sequals are rarely better than the first with very few exceptions..ie probably Star Wars, Godfather...maaaaaybe home alone.

but you NEVER hear how the third movie is the best of the bunch. would be pretty cool

i actually like The Last Crusade better than Raiders and Temple.

At the time, the highly-choreographed and acrobatic lightsaber duels looked cool, but this one bit was really LOL to me... :lol
6827383467_38cb77135d_o.gif

lmaooo id like to think that Lucas was telling us theyre basically evenly matched, only difference was Obiwan had more experience while Anakin was more powerful

Last edited:
Any chance of the force fx lightsabers being restocked..?
They're out everywhere and i just got a friend's kid into Star Wars and now he wants one.

Taking my pops to see it at 7:15. HORRIBLE seats but really wanted to watch it in the Chinese Theater IMAX. He's going to hate it but it's gonna be fun. haha.

It's funny, this vid right here reminded me of what Palpatine wanted thru the whole film.

"Soon the Rebellion will be crushed, and Skywalker will be one of us"

As in, 3.

Very next film Lucas says there can be only 2. :lol

He had another line where he says Skywalker will join us, or die. So I don't think he was trying to replace Vader, he wanted to ADD Luke.

Holes like that are part of why the prequels died before they even got started. |I

Yes. Vader was trying to do whatever he could to not kill Luke, whether he really wanted to kill Palpatine I have no idea.

But I don't think he told Luke to strike Vader down. In fact, I think he taunted him to try and kill himself, sending him to the darkside. Goooood, gooooood. :lol

Back
Top Bottom