Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All of this sounds like a great premise for a really good underdog SW trilogy. Inexperienced force users learning and getting better taking on monstrous sith villains that initially dwarf them in power. Its a very different enough take for SW that should be explored. Hopefully one day somebody does something like it, shocking deaths and all.

However, thinking of it with the characters we got I just :smh: An inexperienced Finn, Poe, and Rey taking on Kylo are getting curbstomped :lol:

Then you suggest making Snoke an actual threat and then adding Sidious. Ain't enough training from a cynical Luke saving those 3. Gonna need a macguffin or plot armored return of a dead character to save them dudes.

I posted something similar in how this trilogy could've been different but hey at this point **** it time to treat this trilogy like the past and kill it like Rian wanted.

Outside of Rey (and I doubt Ridley's that eager), I doubt there's a need for any of those characters to make a return to SW. The next main SW movie, meaning Star Wars episode X has to be a fresh start again. A new story while continuing the episode count but a departure from the Skywalker saga like they're claiming IX will be as its conclusion.
ok they probably would get washed 🤣 so maybe make one of them be a survivor of lukes students that kylo slaughtered and have luke come to help like a crazy *** gandalf at the end lol

but yeah no point in fanfiction now 🤦🏻‍♂️

and I dont think this is the end of the skywalker saga unfortunately

They said episode 3 was the end of the saga also. Go back to the old republic and then come back to the skywalker saga in like a decade. Let this trilogy fade away for awhile

I legitimately feel that they will remake episodes IV-VI in the near future. Run the same story, scene for scene with a new cast and enhanced CGI and effects.

The soft reboot started out half decent with VII and devolved into a complete train wreck with VIII.

Disney for better or worse are making bank of their recent run of live action/CGI 'remakes'. Luke, Vader, etc... are far too iconic to be put away on the back burner, especially considering how poorly their 'new' characters have been received.

Last edited:
Tonight we begin our rewatch.
Still trying to convince my wife to not watch TFA and TLJ as part of this or any other future rewatches. I even told her that it might actually be better to just jump straight from ROTJ to ROTS since Palpatine was never mentioned.
she's thinking about it.

Seeing it on Sunday and I'm not even excited

Still trying to convince my wife to not watch TFA and TLJ as part of this or any other future rewatches. I even told her that it might actually be better to just jump straight from ROTJ to ROTS since Palpatine was never mentioned.
she's thinking about it.

nah you got to have her watch the last 30 mins of both phantom menace and attack of the clones. Show her what lightsaber duels should be. Honorable mention that Obi-wan Jango fight

Reactions: ARK
luke wasnt doing a damn thing to save anyone just banging space creature maids on a lost rock. why were snoke and kylo so hell bent on killing him? he aint give a **** about them or the galaxy. made no ****ing sense whatsoever.

there really was no need to bring the old cast back at all. seem like disney just wanted to kill them all off. maybe george lucas gets additional royalties on og characters if used? I dont know. This whole disney star wars ship has been such a dumpster fire. mandalorian and rogue one being the exceptions.

noblekane noblekane These are valid points my G. If First Order has their business in order (no pun intended), what purpose does it serve to go after Luke who really has no skin in the game and is minding his own business?

With the OG cast, I think from a business point of view Disney is 'forced' to pay an 'ish tonne of money for essentially 'washed', 'mature' and 'unmarketable' actors who are needed primarily for nostalgia's sake. I wouldn't be surprised if Lucas' lawyers have him and his next of kin making money off any type of characters he originally conceived despite the sale of the IP.

she's thinking about it.

Work's taking us for a corporate event to watch Episode IX this Friday morning. Most of us just looking forward to critiquing this joint during our team lunch after. :lol: :lol: :lol:

jaypesoz jaypesoz Spoil away after your viewing tonight. :nerd::nerd::nerd:

Some horrible takes in here and nothing but whiny Star Wars “fans” with sheep mentality. Unfortunately that’s just the culture in fandom nowadays. You got dudes in here talking about wanting to watch the movie just to complain about it. Reminds me why I don’t come in here anymore. It’s like being around a bunch of children.

I’ve been trying to purposely avoid trailers and everything else about this movie to go in with zero expectations. As the days get closer, I’m starting to get pretty excited about watching it.

nah you got to have her watch the last 30 mins of both phantom menace and attack of the clones. Show her what lightsaber duels should be. Honorable mention that Obi-wan Jango fight

She's already seen them all multiple times over lol I'm just trying to avoid having to watch the last films and jumping straight into ROTS

Some horrible takes in here and nothing but whiny Star Wars “fans” with sheep mentality. Unfortunately that’s just the culture in fandom nowadays. You got dudes in here talking about wanting to watch the movie just to complain about it. Reminds me why I don’t come in here anymore. It’s like being around a bunch of children.
The only sheep mentality I see is from a couple people in here who refuse to admit the last jedi was a very problematic and an out of place mess compared to every other star wars movie.

it was as if rian johnson never saw a star wars movie before in his life not even episode 7!

and whats more of a sheep mentality? people who resist the programmed formula or the ones that willingly eat it even though it taste like ****?

To this day, I still don't understand the backstory of the Midichlorians lol.
Some super secret cell count in your blood determining how strong in the force you are based off genetics that only the Jedi Council know about (and most likely the Sith know too but they can just tell based off negative emotions).

I always looked @ the prequels as George suddenly applying Star Trek sci-fi trappings to the lore. It makes some sense cuz back then there was something similar to the Federation with the Republic and the Jedi council but he still wanted the free flowing robes and waxing poetic with philosophical force sayings.

Work's taking us for a corporate event to watch Episode IX this Friday morning. Most of us just looking forward to critiquing this joint during our team lunch after. :lol: :lol: :lol:

jaypesoz jaypesoz Spoil away after your viewing tonight. :nerd::nerd::nerd:
yes please spoil away even if you have to pm us!!!!! hoping the spoilers out there alreasy were completely fake...

and I dont think this is the end of the skywalker saga unfortunately
It has to be.

After the desecration to the OT. Who they had JJ kill in TFA and what they let Rian do in TLJ it has to be the end.

Sure there's gonna be "Rey Skywalker" out there but the rest are dead.

Who would have the nerve to spring a secret child of Luke's or Leia's or even Ben's and think they can get away with it?

Last edited:
It has to be.

After the desecration to the OT. Who they had JJ kill in TFA and what they let Rian do in TLJ it has tonbe the end.

Sure there's gonna be "Rey Skywalker" out there but the rest are dead.

Who would have the nerve to spring a secret child of Luke's or Leia's or even Ben's and think they can get away with it?

thats just it though. they gave her the skywalker name. so im guessing they are trying to go the adopted route by giving her that name and continuing the skywalker legacy with her in future movies

and if they just decide that kylo got thrown down a hole hes probably gonna pop up later. technically hes a skywalker too.

would be disgusting if they go the rian johnson episode 9 route 5 years from now. if you remember before rian got canned there were spoiler for episode 9 that it took place 5 years after episode 8 and some how rey and kylo had a child together. also why is the movie called rise of skywalker? aint no skywalker rising??? wtf r

Last edited:
Never understood how TLJ was seen as "Divisive." Everyone I know or **** I've seen online agree that it was garbage.
youll get a few out there who will go against the grain and like it. but you know they dont really think that because they become insecure and start calling people who dont like the movie names

thats just it though. they gave her the skywalker name. so im guessing they are trying to go the adopted route by giving her that name and continuing the skywalker legacy with her in future movies

and if they just decide that kylo got thrown down a hole hes probably gonna pop up later. technically hes a skywalker too.

would be disgusting if they go the rian johns. on episode 9 route 5 years from now. if you remember before rian got canned there were spoiler for episode 9 that it took place 5 years after episode 8 and some how rey and kylo had a child together. also why is the movie called rise of skywalker? aint no skywalker rising??? wtf r
I think one day she will return (like within a decade) but I wouldn't expect Daisy Ridley back any time soon. Like not for the next two trilogies. Add in they're slowing down the pace at which they release movies since they realize they should have q plan in place first it may be even longer before they revisit that legacy.

And I personally don't care. She's Rey Palpatine to me damnit

would be disgusting if they go the rian johnson episode 9 route 5 years from now. if you remember before rian got canned there were spoiler for episode 9 that it took place 5 years after episode 8 and some how rey and kylo had a child together. also why is the movie called rise of skywalker? aint no skywalker rising??? wtf r

Most recent leak has Kylo making it out of the pit...Sees Rey dying / dead...Gives the last bit of his life force to revive her sacrificing himself...

Also looks to be the case according to what’s leaking right now...

vegetaray123 vegetaray123

Damn, it would've been better if he had fallen into the bottomless pit seeing as damn near everyone who's been down one has been revived. Pity that he's the last actual Skywalker, had the most character development in this 'trilogy' while the Emperor/Palpatine ultimately ends up winning in the end by having his kin take up their namesake. :smh: :smh: :smh:

To this day, I still don't understand the backstory of the Midichlorians lol.

mrw-my-friend-just-downloaded-winrar-and-told-me-he-hadnt-paid-for-it-yet-108694.gif

Back
Top Bottom