Starbucks kicks out 2 black men for nothing

Despicable. No other way to describe it.

This hits home for me because something similar happened to me and my friends in a spot in Houston called the drinkery (that's now permanently closed, probably due to all of the complaints of blatant racism).

I've heard people talking about boycotting Starbucks, but I'm not gonna blame an entire chain for the ignorant acts of one owner/manager. But I do expect Starbucks to speak on this.

I love how the bystanders are stepping in to defend the brothers.

Last edited:
What’s the backstory though? Cops usually don’t show up unless there is a reason. I’m not saying I disagree with you but it’s easy to criticize when you show up like 3/4 of the way into the whole story and just see the bad part.

They're going in, talking about boycotts, on Twitter.

Blame the employees not the company.

Word is one of the workers called. I guess they hadn't bought anything yet and were told to buy or get out. They were waiting for a friend and would have bought upon his/her arrival.

I'd say 70% of patrons there milk the system and Starbucks does nothing.

This is so wrong

Some people online said they should have complied ( with either the worker or the cops 'asking' them to leave). Super out of touch with reality. Or is that expected?

Word is one of the workers called. I guess they hadn't bought anything yet and were told to buy or get out. They were waiting for a friend and would have bought upon his/her arrival.

I'd say 70% of patrons there milk the system and Starbucks does nothing.

This is so wrong

Dudes will buy a small coffee and sit there for 3+ hours using the wifi.

I'm reminded of this on doors of some establishments, 'we have the right to refuse service to anyone'. You can be racist all you want, luckily they're getting called out for doing so.

I've had meetings in Starbucks before. It's never occurred to me that an employee would call the cops to take my black *** out the door. Sad that **** like this still happens.

Smh cops started moving chairs and stuff setting up a barricade

That one dude that stepped in :emoji_clap:

I wanna say screw Starbucks but my go to Starbucks be jamming 2pac and I’m on first name basis w/ the baristas.

boycott starbucks

47 Black Owned Coffee and Tea Businesses That are Great Alternatives to Starbucks
29683150_10156351321109319_6454043811269872237_n.jpg

https://shoppeblack.us/2018/04/black-owned-coffee-tea-starbucks-alternatives/

1. https://ranktribe.com/listing/coffeetea-shops

Most of the time all people do in Starbucks is lounge. If they're gonna start ****ing with free foot traffic, they are in trouble.

they said they asked to use the bathroom

they told them the bathroom is for paying customers and leave

they refused and told them to call the police

police asked them to keave and they refused

they were "compliant" at all times

In my situation, me and my friends were chilling in the bar (hundreds of people in there) and the owner came up to us with two cops, and the owner shows us a timer on his phone and says 'I've been watching you for 6 minutes and no one bought a drink, we don't allow loitering so you gotta go' you can tell the cops didn't agree but they just said what the owner says goes. I explained the situation on Google maps and I saw that other reviews on there and yelp were similar. I'm glad it's permanently closed.

they said they asked to use the bathroom

they told them the bathroom is for paying customers and leave

they refused and told them to call the police

police asked them to keave and they refused

they were "compliant" at all times
We know damn well why the police were called. They didn't want ****** in their establishment.

Someone called the cops about them doing something anyone is totally allowed to do and the cops did a piss poor job of assessing the situation and relying on ****ty info from the initial call to junp the gun cause they think they can get away with it.

They got every right to sue and to get whatever they deem proper compensation off this along with Starbucks being shamed.

Back
Top Bottom