Starbucks kicks out 2 black men for nothing

In my situation, me and my friends were chilling in the bar (hundreds of people in there) and the owner came up to us with two cops, and the owner shows us a timer on his phone and says 'I've been watching you for 6 minutes and no one bought a drink, we don't allow loitering so you gotta go' you can tell the cops didn't agree but they just said what the owner says goes. I explained the situation on Google maps and I saw that other reviews on there and yelp were similar. I'm glad it's permanently closed.
6 mins ?? everybody knows u order under 5 mins when u get there :smh: ...seems like the owner was even nice enough to give u an extra min

Nothing was audible for me in this vid. Other than hearing a bunch of ppl talking and music.

This easily could've been me and my cousin. He eloves coffee and any time we're out doing our thing and need to go to the bathroom we use Starbucks (and Shake shack) bathrooms :lol: We ignore lines to get in, and I never buy a damn thing from there unless I'm really hungry. Employees tell us its for paying customers and we're like sure we're customers.

Calling the cops to arrest those guys though?

Just another day being black though

any time we're out doing our thing and need to go to the bathroom we use Starbucks (and Shake shack) bathrooms :lol: We ignore lines to get in, and I never buy a damn thing from there unless I'm really hungry. Employees tell us its for paying customers and we're like sure we're customers.

I do the same thing, any place really.

When I gotta go, I gotta go.

White folks be doing **** like this just cuz they can. Will call the police on you just to make you feel like ****.

I went into a starbucks one time to use the wifi. 20 people in there, all white. I laughed to myself and bounced.

I've never been to a Starbucks. Place looks boring as hell lol.

its full of highschoolers who can't go to the bar and people who don't have wifi at home, ur not missing much i find nothing good in their drinks $5 for a medium coffee. people pay just to strut around with the cup.

In my situation, me and my friends were chilling in the bar (hundreds of people in there) and the owner came up to us with two cops, and the owner shows us a timer on his phone and says 'I've been watching you for 6 minutes and no one bought a drink, we don't allow loitering so you gotta go' you can tell the cops didn't agree but they just said what the owner says goes. I explained the situation on Google maps and I saw that other reviews on there and yelp were similar. I'm glad it's permanently closed.

Was this place on Washington?

Starbucks is awful anyways. That pumpkin bread is fire though.

Glad this wasn’t Dunkin’. Not sure I’m equipped to go without their cold brew.

There has to be a special place in heaven for us just for being black. This **** is too hard man.
Deadass I had this convo the other day.

So our oppressors have heaven on earth, die and go to heaven?
Meanwhile we are ****ted on from birth and go through hell as a people and we go to the same place??

And I don't just mean blatant racists or blatant prejudiced ppl...I mean even your average white or non black poc person living in America that benefits off of white supremacists system built off of enslavement, Jim crow, unjust laws, indoctrination, etc.

That's not fair or right IMO.

I understand blessings rain on the just and unjust according to the bible but my people are my people

Meanwhile we are ****ted on from birth and go through hell as a people and we go to the same place??

And I don't just mean blatant racists or blatant prejudiced ppl...I mean even your average white or non black poc person living in America that benefits off of white supremacists system built off of enslavement, Jim crow, unjust laws, indoctrination, etc.

I understand blessings rain on the just and unjust according to the bible but my people are my people
Yeah
But what if heaven ain’t real
And after u die u just die

I don't understand how bike police work... they arrest you and take you to jail on the handlebars? I guess you just sit there and wait for one of the elite car cops to come. Meanwhile the whole time whoever they have handcuffed waiting in shame is talking all types of **** about how they don't have a car and probably have a drinking problem like Sylvester Stallone in Cop Land with slurred speech to boot. So pour out a cup of Joe for the 21 jump streets of the world because they don't get to run red lights and freak people out on the highway.

Has your mom ever invited one of her friends over and the friend has a child that you don't like, and your mom is like 'now be nice', and you try to act right but it's evident you don't want that mfer in your space playing with your stuff? I think that's how we are treated in America. Lots of establishments, communities etc don't want us there, but the people in charge say that they have to allow us in.

I'm from the deep south (mobile, al) and have dealt with blatant racism and have had to call people/establishments out to their face if I feel there's some nonsense going on. I'm grateful that racial relations in our country are better, but we've got a ways to go.... Honestly, I think that where we are now is the best that it's going to get. That's as far as I'll go with that.

The same way people cling to religious convictions and other traditions that they were taught as 'truth' is the same way people hold a strong conviction to their racist beliefs.

There are always going to be busybodies (and closet racists) but I’m beginning to think that the culture of “the police will do what I want” is to blame.

The police need to respond and say “no crime being committed, leave them alone” but there are so many petty laws written over years and years which are intentionally left able to be interpreted as allowing them to throw out black people/homeless people/ young people...

Unfortunately the current administration’s stacking of the judiciary with “conservatives” is going to make this a hard thing to fix.

Back
Top Bottom