Starbucks kicks out 2 black men for nothing

From Starbucks to Hashtags: We Need to Talk About Why White Americans Call the Police on Black People

aucvgjnjanbeysfhcolf.jpg

Police monitor activity as protestors demonstrate outside a Center City Starbucks on April 15, 2018, in Philadelphia. Police arrested two black men who were waiting inside the Center City Starbucks, which prompted an apology from the company’s CEO. Photo: Mark Makela (Getty Images)

https://www.theroot.com/from-starbucks-to-hashtags-we-need-to-talk-about-why-w-1825284087

Bruh..

When white people threaten to call the police on black people—out of anger, out of spite, out of pure vindictiveness—they are effectively saying, “I’ll kill you!”

Oh my

They’re just using a legal extension of white supremacy to do it.

goodness..

From Starbucks to Hashtags: We Need to Talk About Why White Americans Call the Police on Black People

aucvgjnjanbeysfhcolf.jpg

Police monitor activity as protestors demonstrate outside a Center City Starbucks on April 15, 2018, in Philadelphia. Police arrested two black men who were waiting inside the Center City Starbucks, which prompted an apology from the company’s CEO. Photo: Mark Makela (Getty Images)

https://www.theroot.com/from-starbucks-to-hashtags-we-need-to-talk-about-why-w-1825284087

Then there’s Ronald T. Ritchie, who told 911 that John Crawford III was running around Walmart “menacing children” with a shotgun. Crawford, holding a BB gun—sold at Walmart—in the open carry state of Ohio, was shot and killed by police. Despite clear evidence that Ritchie lied to the 911 dispatcher, which is a crime, no charges were filed against him.

Just hit me they were quick to charge that kid in the robbery for the murder they committed, but nothing in these cases of false statements of white folks that end tragically for the victim.

Yall keep running to these law books written by white people/for white people. There's a lot of reading between the lines that's necessary. Law books say one thing but interpreted like: it's legal to open carry [for white people, because they typically don't pose a threat to rob anyone, but a black person with a gun is probably about to rob someone]. Some cops/citizens will go to their gut instinct when it's a person of color involved and react accordingly and they'll find a loophole in those same law books to get them off.

What's going on in America is basically the equivalent of a person smacking someone in the face then when that person tries to pursue them, the smacker calls the cops and acts afraid. It's like they know we've been wronged and just waiting for us to retaliate.

Yall keep running to these law books written by white people/for white people. There's a lot of reading between the lines that's necessary. Law books say one thing but interpreted like: it's legal to open carry [for white people, because they typically don't pose a threat to rob anyone, but a black person with a gun is probably about to rob someone]. Some cops/citizens will go to their gut instinct when it's a person of color involved and react accordingly and they'll find a loophole in those same law books to get them off

Yeah I tell people all the time, do not open carry as a black person (in those legal states). Get your CC license and call it a day. A redneck, stone cold Steve Austin lookin white dude can open carry with a rocket launcher and the cops will do nothing. A black person could be open carrying a .22, dressed in a 3-piece suit and get cops called on them --> shot.

Yeah i've seen white dudes open carry in the most mundane of places, wendy's, wawa etc. Only time i've seen a black dude do it is that walmart vid where he gets immediately tackled.

Paraphrased white hate

1. Why are they still here?

2. Everything they have we let them have

3. Some are fine (tiger woods, Ben Carson, Michael Jordan) but the others aren’t

4. They can entertain me from afar but get away

5. My party didn’t want them here

6. Why can’t you all be good ______ (put in race) like the one that works with me? He’s ok I guess?

7. If you’re gonna be here you better act perfect or I’ll try to have you arrested/killed

8. I just hate you

Might be missing some

i heard somewhere that white people live in a constant of anxiety because they know 2 things:

first is black people should, with righteous indignation, be burnin this entire country down

and the second, if they were in black peoples place, they know they would be

That's real. That's kinda why they're on pins and needles and love the guns so much, they know what their people did and low key paranoid someone might try to do it to them.

Even though it's not the exact same, certain laws are almost as subjective as sexual harassment laws: it's highly subjective. Trump can grab some woman by the p and she won't care, it's a "bold confident move", but let me try it on the same woman and I'm doing 5-10. Same laws different result.

I worked retail for about 3 months at the Lakewood Mall in Lakewood, CA. in 2008 when Ray Ban was retroing they're wayfarer colors something serious.

Kids would come in packs and jack Sunglass Hut!!! So I started telling them not to touch the sunglasses.... So they never came on my shift.

One day this guy got tooken for 4 high end sunglasses, then he got fired LOL!!!

One day these older messicans come in with cheapy looking Oakley's on *the old switcheroo* , and they had their friend try to distract me...

I told them not to touch the glasses and get the feck out my store.

Other times I would let people steal from me if I thought they were cool. So many hot women would come by.

One day I popped a boner from behind the counter and some chick was coming around the counter and she pointed it out (I had to wear slacks).... LOL!!

Then another white lady came in after her I'm full on boner status... I don't know why I went to the gym prior to work and I was full Throttle MAN!!! It's looking like a Tent down at my Pants....

Both those ladies bought sunglass from me that day...

I was all like Sorry sorry ... LOL!!!

Is it illegal to pop boners...

LOL

Anyways fast forward to me drinking on the shift and I used to close the shop and go over to a bar and get drink and come back.... One day I decorated the front of the store with HUF and SUPREME tee shirts LOL!!

Then this security guard comes over to give me a ticket.... (For closing the shop during store hours) I told her she was fat and to go to GNC and buy some Hydroxycut LOL!! Savage before savage was a thing.

this was 2008 fast forward to 2018 and they're finally collaborating with OFF WHITE

A decade before my time (but I'm no Abloh I''m just Josh)

What I'm saying is that the retail industry is the Service industry... you can't "AFFORD" to discriminate... because my best customers were all customers who paid and they were of all types. But one type I noticed that buy sunglasses are Good looking people in general because they care about how they look.

But yeah it's a Civil Rights issue or a Human Rights issue??? If a man got to piss he should be able to piss anywhere he wants because it's a natural human condition... but if we can't be naked in Public then how come noone buy me clothes

The only starbucks employees that I see that look like they enjoy themselves are here in LBC on Ocean and Alamitos and at colleges

Last edited:
I worked retail for about 3 months at the Lakewood Mall in Lakewood, CA. in 2008 when Ray Ban was retroing they're wayfarer colors something serious.

Kids would come in packs and jack Sunglass Hut!!! So I started telling them not to touch the sunglasses.... So they never came on my shift.

One day this guy got tooken for 4 high end sunglasses, then he got fired LOL!!!

One day these older messicans come in with cheapy looking Oakley's on *the old switcheroo* , and they had their friend try to distract me...

I told them not to touch the glasses and get the feck out my store.

Other times I would let people steal from me if I thought they were cool. So many hot women would come by.

One day I popped a boner from behind the counter and some chick was coming around the counter and she pointed it out (I had to wear slacks).... LOL!!

Then another white lady came in after her I'm full on boner status... I don't know why I went to the gym prior to work and I was full Throttle MAN!!! It's looking like a Tent down at my Pants....

Both those ladies bought sunglass from me that day...

I was all like Sorry sorry ... LOL!!!

Is it illegal to pop boners...

LOL

Anyways fast forward to me drinking on the shift and I used to close the shop and go over to a bar and get drink and come back.... One day I decorated the front of the store with HUF and SUPREME tee shirts LOL!!

Then this security guard comes over to give me a ticket.... (For closing the shop during store hours) I told her she was fat and to go to GNC and buy some Hydroxycut LOL!! Savage before savage was a thing.

this was 2008 fast forward to 2018 and they're finally collaborating with OFF WHITE

A decade before my time

But yeah it's a Civil Rights issue or a Human Rights issue??? If a man got to piss he should be able to piss anywhere he wants because it's a natural human condition

The only starbucks employees that I see that look like they enjoy themselves are here in LBC on Ocean and Alamitos and at colleges

artworks-000222100905-8ikzfb-t500x500.jpg

People who work for Sunglass hut in Long Beach, Cerritos, Belmont shore still remember me, which is not necessarily a GOOD Thing LOL!!

ONe day I had that Shepard Fairey HOPE Hoody in the window LOL!!

I was Quit / Fired two weeks later because I was reselling Oakley Oil Rigs.... I'd go to every mall and use my 30% discount... nevermind that I was always drunk LOL!!

Starbuck’s CEO is a decent human being. It’s why I have them the benefit of the doubt, because I’ve heard countless stories on Starbucks reach out to the black and brown community and offering a lot of things you wouldn’t see anywhere else.

Starbucks been giving that ‘whites only’ feel since they started popping up, though. I don’t hold the CEO accountable, but the fact that he’s a decent human being alone isn’t enough.

This is a step on the right direction, though. I’ll continue watching.

I buy Starbucks pretty frequently, and the aura at a lot of those places isn’t very welcoming of less well off people. That’s more of an issue with society today, though. I don’t know if anything they could do would stop Starbucks and local police departments from employing racist white people. That’s the real crux of the problem.

mad nyc restaurants got signs outside that say "bathrooms for customers only"

MOST places do this because they are trying to avoid a few things. the homeless going in there and the problems that come with that. loitering. paying customers having to wait to use the facilities.

this is one of the rules where there is a hard line in the sand that is supposed to be drawn but never is. the employees pick and choose who they want to let use the bathroom and usually the people who get to are white.

when I had gone to NYC a year ago most places didn't let me take my, at the time, 3 year old son to the bathroom without paying for something. there were a few that did though.

Starbuck’s CEO is a decent human being. It’s why I have them the benefit of the doubt, because I’ve heard countless stories on Starbucks reach out to the black and brown community and offering a lot of things you wouldn’t see anywhere else.

Starbucks been giving that ‘whites only’ feel since they started popping up, though. I don’t hold the CEO accountable, but the fact that he’s a decent human being alone isn’t enough.

This is a step on the right direction, though. I’ll continue watching.

I buy Starbucks pretty frequently, and the aura at a lot of those places isn’t very welcoming of less well off people. That’s more of an issue with society today, though. I don’t know if anything they could do would stop Starbucks and local police departments from employing racist white people. That’s the real crux of the problem.
How do you know him enough to call him a decent human?

Sounds like the product has gotten ahold of you

Back
Top Bottom