Staten Island man dies after NYPD cop puts him in chokehold

Electricians, construction workers on tall buildings, and coal miners take their jobs fully aware of the potential dangers and sadly they die on the job at times as well and usually its nothing but a brief footnote in the newspaper.

I just don't like the pedestal cops get put on when they die. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for them and their families and I have sympathy but I don't value their life more then a regular person who died in similar circumstances only because one has a badge and the other doesn't.

Police message board where they're discussing the arrest....
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

http://theerant.yuku.com/topic/6842...D-cop-puts-chokehold-VIDE?page=1#.U8wf_mdOXIW
Cowards hiding behind keyboards. It's rotten cops like them that create these situations of deep distrust in predominately black and hispanic neighborhoods that only makes their jobs harder and creates more cops like them. It's a ****** up cycle
mean.gif

Electricians, construction workers on tall buildings, and coal miners take their jobs fully aware of the potential dangers and sadly they die on the job at times as well and usually its nothing but a brief footnote in the newspaper.

I just don't like the pedestal cops get put on when they die. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for them and their families and I have sympathy but I don't value their life more then a regular person who died in similar circumstances only because one has a badge and the other doesn't.
I'm sorry you don't see the difference. 

There is no difference. Both are jobs that come with potential dangers and risks that the person taking the job is made well aware of before they start working there.

Only difference is, one gets put on a pedestal, one is just a footnote.

A cops life isn't more valuable then a regular persons life no matter how you try and spin it.

Cops and firefighters>>> a dam coal miner won't negotiate my life if I'm a hostage lol

So yeah I'm holding a cop a little higher

There is no difference. Both are jobs that come with potential dangers and risks that the person taking the job is made well aware of before they start working there.

A cops life isn't more valuable then a regular persons life no matter how you try and spin it.
It's different in that with a cop, soldier, firefighter the danger IS the job.

It's their job to deal with that danger and nullify it so it can't harm us. They're protectors.

With an electrician, construction worker, coal miner the danger is merely a side effect of the job.

I agree with you that no one man's life is more valuable than another man's but that's just how it is.

I agree.

But there is no way that the service a coal miner or electrician provides is as valuable as the service a police officer provides.

I agree.

But there is no way that the service a coal miner or electrician provides is as valuable as the service a police officer provides.
so the evidence intake guy in podunk west bumble**** is as important as the chief engineer of a mining operation?

Number one rule to dealing with cops it's a hard one to follow but it goes like this.....

If they are going to slap cuffs on you do everything in your power to not resist trust me it will help you live longer. I never understand why people resist arrest.

All you dudes keep saying this as if everybody didn't already know, it's truly besides the point.

Resisting arrest gives the cop no reason to use deadly force, bottom line.

All you dudes keep saying this as if everybody didn't already know, it's truly besides the point.

Cops are trained to treat anything as a danger to there lives. I don't get why people don't understand cops will not use deadly force when you comply. Idk if that point is not being made clear with some of you guys

Last edited:

No spinning needed.  Again, I'm sorry you don't see the difference.

Cops are trained to treat anything as a danger to there lives. I don't get why people don't understand cops will not use deadly force when you comply. Idk if that point is not being made clear with some of you guys
you really believe that homie?

Cops are not trained to see "anything" as a danger to their lives, that's absolute horse **** and you sound ridiculous.

You're not bound by law to comply with a cop if they are wrong, you're saying that resisting arrest on bogus accusations with lack of proof or warrants is grounds to have deadly force applied?

You need a reality check.

Reallity check from what. I've been pulled over for whatever bs reason they want to stop me for in cities like cpt watts south central so on and so on.

Did I win by arguing with cops over whatever reason they choose to stop me. I think some of you guys just hate cops that much.

Reallity check from what. I've been pulled over for whatever bs reason they want to stop me for in cities like cpt watts south central so on and so on.

Did I win by arguing with cops over whatever reason they choose to stop me. I think some of you guys just hate cops that much.
I think Rodney king, Oscar grant, and Sean bell would disagree with u............

No spinning needed.  Again, I'm sorry you don't see the difference.

Why don't you tell me what the difference is then.

Both are jobs that have risks which the employee is made aware of prior to taking he job.

A cop dealing with people and helping and in cases like this harming their community has nothing to do with the fact that he was fully aware of the potential dangers in his job description.

Numerous people die every day for various reasons. I'm not going to put a single person who died on the clock for whatever reason over anyone else that died because he knew that potentially could come with the job he applied for. Ill have sympathy towards him and his family but not going to value him more then an average joe who died the same day for whatever reason.

Back
Top Bottom