Staten Island man dies after NYPD cop puts him in chokehold

Im not a PRO COP guy either. But im unbiased to every situation where police are involved until I see the evidence.
I feelThe cop the choked out Garner should be charged with murder. But I feel some people have so much hatred toward police, (which is understandable) that it blinds you. :smh:

Last edited:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-garner-stripped-shield-gun-article-1.1873033

New video shows the aftermath a little clearer. The cop with the choke hold and green shirt waves at the camera after standing around shooting the **** with other officers after he killed that man. (end of video). Another lies and say he's breathing after no CPR attempts. Disgusting. Thugs with guns.

I had one tell my groups of friends last night, and I quote, "I am the law".

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-garner-stripped-shield-gun-article-1.1873033

New video shows the aftermath a little clearer. The cop with the choke hold and green shirt waves at the camera after standing around shooting the **** with other officers after he killed that man. (end of video). Another lies and say he's breathing after no CPR attempts. Disgusting. Thugs with guns.

I had one tell my groups of friends last night, and I quote, "I am the law".

:smh: :smh:

Also, The cops union on taking away the chokehold officers badge/ gun.

"The department's modification of this police officer under these circumstances is a completely unwarranted, kneejerk reaction for political reasons and nothing more," he said. "It is a decision by the department that effectively pre-judges this case and denies the officer the very benefit of a doubt that has long been part of the social contract that allows police officers to face the risks of this difficult and complex job. It is a bad decision by the department that is absolutely wrong."

And the same cop has been sued before-

Officer Pantaleo has been sued for civil rights violations twice in federal court since 2013. A plaintiff in one case, Tommy Rice, 41, said several officers — his legal papers identify one as Officer Pantaleo — pulled him and several friends over for a broken taillight before strip-searching them on the side of the road. Mr. Rice said they were arrested on charges, later dismissed, of using a vehicle to purchase narcotics.

Bruh....that new video [emoji]128128[/emoji][emoji]128128[/emoji][emoji]128128[/emoji][emoji]128128[/emoji]

After watching a video of a man getting murdered by the police, you have people on here saying that man should have willingly let the police violate him after having not committed a crime. Then you have apologist in here caping for the "good" police officers to the point of posting vids of random kind acts. Then you got others implying his poor health was the REAL reason for his demise...

So let me get this straight... overweight black men should willingly let police violate them on the street because they might get killed for expressing their rights as citizens

NT delivers... :rofl:
well damb....

If this is what this thread has been then :smh: ...

Has to be the usual suspects too right?

If I was there I would've been like y'all are murderers..... So now y'all want us off the scene cause y'all killed him... I would've caused a scene man that's sad. No justice

If I was there I would've been like y'all are murderers..... So now y'all want us off the scene cause y'all killed him... I would've caused a scene man that's sad. No justice

Nope don't do that, you have to be mute otherwise you risk being killed by a cop

:smh:

The name of the PBA President is Pat Lynch....

PAT.

LYNCH.

Do the knowledge on that family line.

S_ is crazy.

The cop should be charged for murder, simple as that.
They won't charge him with murder and if they do he'll just get off like Zimmerman. They're gonna charge him with manslaughter.

At least I hope they do. He killed a man. Can't be allowed to just walk away from that.

Federal court records show that in the last two years, three Staten Island men have sued Pantaleo over what they argued were racially motivated arrests. From the AP:

In the first lawsuit, settled by the city in January, two black men in their 40s accused Pantaleo and other officers of arresting them without cause and subjecting them to a "humiliating and unlawful strip search" on a Staten Island street that involved ordering them to "pull their pants and underwear down, squat and cough."

The men were held overnight on charges that were ultimately dismissed.

In the second lawsuit, Pantaleo was accused of attempting to substantiate charges—that were, again, ultimately dismissed—by misrepresenting facts in a police report and other documents.

According to the AP, placing someone in a chokehold is prohibited by departmental policy. NYC's Civilian Complaint Review Board said on Saturday that it would review over 1,000 chokehold complaints it has received against officers over the last five years and attempt to "discern why officers continue to use this forbidden practice."

Link

Number one rule to dealing with cops it's a hard one to follow but it goes like this.....

If they are going to slap cuffs on you do everything in your power to not resist trust me it will help you live longer. I never understand why people resist arrest.

Federal court records show that in the last two years, three Staten Island men have sued Pantaleo over what they argued were racially motivated arrests. From the AP:

In the first lawsuit, settled by the city in January, two black men in their 40s accused Pantaleo and other officers of arresting them without cause and subjecting them to a "humiliating and unlawful strip search" on a Staten Island street that involved ordering them to "pull their pants and underwear down, squat and cough."

The men were held overnight on charges that were ultimately dismissed.

In the second lawsuit, Pantaleo was accused of attempting to substantiate charges—that were, again, ultimately dismissed—by misrepresenting facts in a police report and other documents.

According to the AP, placing someone in a chokehold is prohibited by departmental policy. NYC's Civilian Complaint Review Board said on Saturday that it would review over 1,000 chokehold complaints it has received against officers over the last five years and attempt to "discern why officers continue to use this forbidden practice."

Link

Cops booked me and my brother recently to meet their Thursday quota and they were bragging about how many complaints they each had.

Talking about how the complaint process is a joke and they get compete with each other to see who can get the best complaints.

Its a terrible situation all around. Chokeholds have been outlawed as a way of restraining people for the New York police for years now so yes that cop did commit murder and should be charged accordingly but we know that won't be the case.

There worried about some dude selling looseys on the corner over "tax evasion" or what not, if that's such a concern, go after some of the more affluent banker and Wall Street dudes that are doing questionable things.

What gets to me is this though. When a cop gets killed in the line of duty (regardless of the fact the cop didn't deserve to get killed) police will usually kill the shooter or person who did it and they'll enforce some type of justice because one of their own was killed.

Look at the outrage over that cop in jersey city who was killed last week. Its a terrible tragedy and he didn't deserve to have his life cut short like that, but his killer was killed on the spot rather then arrested and tried in court. Without being insensitive, what makes his life more valuable then the guy who was killed by police on Friday? Their both humans, only one choose to take a job he knew was dangerous.

There's been threads on here where I've defended the cops actions in that individual situation and there's been threads on here where I was disgusted by the cops actions in that individual situaion. That being said, I don't know how anyone could rationalize with or defend the cops actions in this situation when his handling of the situation conflicts with how he's supposed to handle it according to his rulebook.

Look at the outrage over that cop in jersey city who was killed last week. Its a terrible tragedy and he didn't deserve to have his life cut short like that, but his killer was killed on the spot rather then arrested and tried in court. Without being insensitive, what makes his life more valuable then the guy who was killed by police on Friday? Their both humans, only one choose to take a job he knew was dangerous.

If youre going to look at it like this, then you have to see that one person killing another person for no reason (a person's occupation is no reason) is wrong. That's why there is outrage.

I have a feeling the autopsy report will reveal that the man did not die from choking but rather heart failure or something along those lines. That being said, no matter what the report is, it shouldn't take away from the fact that the police in this situation did not follow protocol. If they were going to bust him for selling loosies, fine....and also may have been within their bounds had they arrested him w/o the choke. However, I'm glad this was caught on tape and we can potentially get a very dangerous man off the streets who seemingly has a history of harassing people of color. It's a shame that a man had to lose his life as a result. :smh:

If youre going to look at it like this, then you have to see that one person killing another person for no reason (a person's occupation is no reason) is wrong. That's why there is outrage.

It was wrong and the motive behind it was sickening. Both cases are senseless losses of life though. Just in general when something bad happens to a cop, society seems to place it on a more important level then when something bad, unfortunate, and unnecessary happens to an average joe.

I just don't like how society values a cops life more then a regular persons life if the two were to die under similar circumstances.

The cop knew of the potential dangers his job could potentially have before taking the job.

It was wrong and the motive behind it was sickening. Both cases are senseless losses of life though. Just in general when something bad happens to a cop, society seems to place it on a more important level then when something bad, unfortunate, and unnecessary happens to an average joe.

I just don't like how society values a cops life more then a regular persons life if the two were to die under similar circumstances.

The cop knew of the potential dangers his job could potentially have before taking the job.
It's the fact that they took the job in spite of the potential dangers.

If they die in the line of duty it's seen as honorable.

The same goes for soldiers and firefighters.

Back
Top Bottom