Staten Island man dies after NYPD cop puts him in chokehold

I will say this. If you aren't or have never been a young black male in our community, you probably won't ever understand the relationship with police. How many times do we ever see someone from another race dying at the hands of police, or being constantly harassed. Why should we give them the benefit of the doubt, when we don't get the same in return (in reference to all cops aren't bad). I THINK we all know that not every cop is dirty, but when most of our interactions turn out so bad, how are we supposed to feel?

The fact remains anyone who hates the police has something to hide.

police provoke fear and anxiety into most black, spanish and Filipino men in NYC...

when a police pulls up behind my car, i dont feel like "oh wow theres a police, hope he has a good day today"

i think " watch him pull me over for nothing.."

undercovers in NYC are THE WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they lie and do whatever they want because you cant see their badge number..

their supposed to give you their number no matter what... not the undercover DTs...

to say we have something to hide because we dont like cops is a disgusting veiw and one that shows you have a huge disconnect to whats BEEN happening in the city of most inner cities

here's what i said years ago.

have the police that service the area actually walk down the blocks and get to know the neighbors while theres soooo much downtime instead of talking among themselves..

how you work in a area for 5 years and dont know the name of every SHOP OWNER ON THAT BLOCK???

are you serious? thats not serving the community, they dont even KNOW the community... and refuse to try and learn.

in NYC they have the NYPD Community Affiars police that walk around and talk the people of the neighborhood AFTER an event happens... why not do that everyday before it gets hot on the streets?

ive been on my block since 1989, and ive walked by the same police for years and if you dont say HI! first they dont acknowledge you... straight up.

I pay taxes, completely drug free, i work two jobs, i have a father and a child in THIS community and they act like Im the outsider...

and thats why i dont trust nor like them...

Disciplined for what? the cop was getting a ground and pound. Had every right to pop the drunk dude.

no, if you cant arrest him you follow, contain and observe where he goes until back up..

he thought he was gonna win for no reason and no back up and started losing.

how you wanna arrest someone drunk by yourself any damn way...?

you that confident?

no, if you cant arrest him you follow, contain and observe where he goes until back up..

he thought he was gonna win for no reason and no back up and started losing.

you that confident?
Wrong. They dont have to wait for back up to arrest someone. Especially arresting ONE person.

Dude appears to be making a legitimate arrest and wasnt using excessive force at all.

Yall huff and puff about cops using excessive force and when they dont yall find something else to complain about.

Wrong. They dont have to wait for back up to arrest someone. Especially arresting ONE person.

Dude appears to be making a legitimate arrest and wasnt using excessive force at all.

Yall huff and puff about cops using excessive force and when they dont yall find something else to complain about.

no, you act like you have common sense and make the smart decision..

thats the problem right there..

you follow the books on how to control people instead of thinking about that persons mental state at the time.

you think a DRUNK person is going to be easy to reason with and or take down?

why would anyone think that?

i know club BOUNCERS that dont think that and they get paid to fugg people up at clubs...

common human sense should chapter one in all police departments...

and reviewed every year.

Anton stays with the trolling. I wish the Mods would ban this clown.

I don't see how any argument can be made here. NYPD banned officers from using chokeholds a while ago, no matter the situation. The officer clearly used a chokehold, the man died because of the chokehold. All this resisting arrest, was he selling cigarettes talk is null and void. The officer did something in direct violation of police procedure. He should be charged and convicted of murder.

RIP to that man.

Last edited:
no, you act like you have common sense and make the smart decision..

thats the problem right there..

you follow the books on how to control people instead of thinking about that persons mental state at the time.

you think a DRUNK person is going to be easy to reason with and or take down?

why would anyone think that?

i know club BOUNCERS that dont think that and they get paid to fugg people up at clubs...

common human sense should chapter one in all police departments...

and reviewed every year.

Go on buddy. Tell them how to do their job.

Cop sees drunk man walking down street. Cant arrest him so follows him until backup arrives.
Drunk man stumbles into street and gets hit by car and dies.
Or drunk man pushes a woman who falls and cracks her head on the pavement.
Or drunk man begins to destroy property.

SO the cop supposed to wait until backup arrives?

When will people learn? These cops are scared as hell out there. Dont resist because you will die in vain and no change will come of it

Last edited:
Go on buddy. Tell them how to do their job.

Cop sees drunk man walking down street. Cant arrest him so follows him until backup arrives.
Drunk man stumbles into street and gets hit by car and dies.
Or drunk man pushes a woman who falls and cracks her head on the pavement.
Or drunk man begins to destroy property.

SO the cop supposed to wait until backup arrives?

no genius...

i also said to take into consideration the OTHER PERSON mental state...

back to the guy in staten island..

what was the reason to arrest him as opposed to giving him a ticket?

they've arrested him before, he said in the video he is tired of being harassed and the police still feel the need to try and detain him for something that could've been a ticket.

when vendors in NYC sell items withOUT a license they get a ticket. fact!

so why arrest this man over and over and over for non felony crimes ?

harassment... thats what that is.

When will people learn? These cops are scared as hell out there. Dont resist because you will die in vain and no change will come of it

:rolleyes

the officers with GUNS fulled to the tip are scared of the drunk guy in a tux?

or the 7 police with GUNS and bullet proof vests are scared of the black man in gym shorts and a t shirt on a busy street in NYC?

stop it, 5..

stop underestimating their training and understand they are DE-sensitized during training... they have NO fear especially of citizens that aren't clearly armed...

Cop had every right to shoot the guy. He could have ran away when he got on top of the cop but he started punching him in the face. The cop isn't going to let himself possibly get knocked out cold knowing the perp could the get his gun.

Last edited:
no genius...

i also said to take into consideration the OTHER PERSON mental state...

you follow the books on how to control people

So what is it? wait till backup arrives or take control?
Cause to me it seems the cop was taking control BY THE BOOKS

The officer is obligated to not only protect other people from the drunk but to protect the drunk himself. If the officer doesnt make the arrest, "follows" the drunk, then the officer may be liable if the drunk injures someone else or injures himself.

Last edited:
So what is it? wait till backup arrives or take control?
Cause to me it seems the cop was taking control BY THE BOOKS

The officer is obligated to not only protect other people from the drunk but to protect the drunk himself. If the officer doesnt make the arrest, "follows" the drunk, then the officer may be liable if the drunk injures someone else or injures himself.

when that happens then you take control by overt force...

think the last time you were super drunk, did you really feel like anyone could beat you?

what if a cop stopped you on the way home and surrounded you while yelling demands at you?

and you KNOW you didnt do anything to get stopped other than walking intoxicated, which a ticket...?

how would you feel?

now imagine how fast that can escalate if the officer isn't thinking about human thoughts but only going by the book...

going by the book is why theres working men in jail who have never had a record in their life but made a decision that wasnt the best and for a non violent crime now serving time with 2 times felons and violent offenders...

that person couldve been changed and corrected and been on the laws side if they thought about the fore-story as opposed to going by the book...

I truly feel cops shouldn't pull out their weapon unless the target has a weapon of their own.

I wonder how this situation is going to end.

when that happens then you take control by overt force...

think the last time you were super drunk, did you really feel like anyone could beat you?

what if a cop stopped you on the way home and surrounded you while yelling demands at you?

and you KNOW you didnt do anything to get stopped other than walking intoxicated, which a ticket...?

how would you feel?

now imagine how fast that can escalate if the officer isn't thinking about human thoughts but only going by the book...

going by the book is why theres working men in jail who have never had a record in their life but made a decision that wasnt the best and for a non violent crime now serving time with 2 times felons and violent offenders...

that person couldve been changed and corrected and been on the laws side if they thought about the fore-story as opposed to going by the book...
WHat are you even talking about at this point?
When im drunk has nothing to do with this cause when im drunk I can carry myself. Some people are completely wasted to the point where they need to be taken off the street.

Can you really reason with a drunk person?

Your argument is all over the place. You say take control then you say follow the guy, now your talking about the officer using telepathy to read the drunks thoughts?
The officer supposed to wait until something bad happens to use force?

Back
Top Bottom