Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

I hate walking in a locker room and the first thing I see is a wet penis
That happened to me once, I walked into the locker room with my head down
sick.gif
.  From that point on, I'm keeping my head up, eye to eye only
smh.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by topherr

i started p90x yesturday, just the workouts, none of their nutrition or supplement guides. will keep everyone posted.

day 1 - COMPLETE. not to shabby, was chest and back and ab ripper x. alot of pull ups, push ups, and a little with free weights and/or bands, which ever you have available. hardest part of this day ws the abs by far.

keep pushing. im on day 30 and have seen amazing gains (i was sedentary and a lazy f before this). look into following a nutrition plan close to what they advise. that is what will get you the majority of your gains.

This may be a stupid question but I'm a noob as far as working out is concerned but I'm just looking to put on some weight so what would happen if I started taking protein shakes etc to increase my protein while still playing basketball but not necessarily lifting?  Would I still gain weight? And would it just be fat or what?

I workout at the university.
Naked old people and people of all kinds... like a gat dam nudist colony.

I just keep my eyes up and walk to my locker, change and PEACE. i don't want a part in that level of comfort.

I read that drinking 1 glass of water before EVERYTHING you eat will shred 14lbs of body fat (depending on how much you have to begin with) per year.
Also, to loose body fat, eat 1 grapefruit and drink a glass of water right before heading to bed.
Try eating less at one time (i.e. lunch.dinner) and spread your portions out over 6 or so meals. Replace the excess of fruit for veggies. remember: it's "recommended" to eat 5-6 piece of fruit/veggie a day by the Canadian health association. That should mean a couple fruits and 5 servings of veggies.

StaXX wrote:
Yesterday I walk into the gym locker room to put my stuff up, and POW!
An old man is completely naked changing right behind me.
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
x
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

i learned my lesson. i go in the boys locker room now. always empty
pimp.gif

bruce wayne

you're trying to gain weight while not lifting weights?. unless you're doing alternative stuff like gymnastics, plyo, etc then the excess calories would make you fat. and no protein wouldnt help

damn soke of you guys sound like babies, who cares about naked people in the locker room? happens in every gym. thats all there is in my gym and it doesnt bother me.

I hear what you're saying Hoyle but when you walk into the locker room and all a dude is wearing is his blue tooth, lines must be drawn somewhere.

I've finally committed to going back to the gym beginning Monday. I'm looking to lose my stomach and tone up my arms and chest. What would be the best way to make this happen?

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

Here's some great routines from IRONADDICTS.COM, this forum is the truth.

Hardgainer/Low Volume/Frequency Routine

This format is one that after everyone reads the routines, not one in20 will pick this one, and the truth is, many of the 20 will do betteron this one than any of the others. Why will no one pick it? It’s not“flashy

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

I've finally committed to going back to the gym beginning Monday. I'm looking to lose my stomach and tone up my arms and chest. What would be the best way to make this happen?

You could read the past 200 pages?

I hear what you're saying Hoyle but when you walk into the locker roomand all a dude is wearing is his blue tooth, lines must be drawnsomewhere.

In reality, we all have a body so it shouldn't be a big deal. There was a time we roamed around in our skin.
However could it kill a dude to throw a GAT DAM towel on???
mad.gif
mad.gif
sick.gif

it shouldn't be a problem to be naked in a locker room, we're all men

but the old dudes who wander around for 20 min without clothes? yeah, that's not cool.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

This format is one that after everyone reads the routines, not one in 20 will pick this one, and the truth is, many of the 20 will do better on this one than any of the others. Why will no one pick it? It’s not “flashy

So, I don't know if it was from benching or the dips, probably the dips but I have a sharp pain in my left shoulder. (was about shoulder width and going down so that my arms were parallel to the bar)

Bleh... I liked doing dips too..

Why back to the drawing board? Are you not seeing results? If it works for you, keep at it. Just because someone says its not the most efficient way doesnt mean you need to start over. Steroids are an extremely efficient way of building muscle as well. Do what works for you.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

but the old dudes who wander around for 20 min without clothes? yeah, that's not cool.

Pretty much, just don't be the guy brushing his teeth and shaving butt naked in front of the sink.

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Pretty much, just don't be the guy brushing his teeth and shaving butt naked in front of the sink.
..or walking around the bathroom in bare feet
eyes.gif

sick.gif

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by syxth element

Originally Posted by Kartoon2005

Aight fellas, last night was the first time I ever hit up the gym. I went to sleep sore as hell..... woke up to find these.......

can anyone tell me what those are about? stretch marks?
ohwell.gif
Did you hit the standing calf raise machine, or any other machine where it makes contact with your shoulders? I always get those on standing calf raise machines because I do high rep with a good amount of weight on it.

I was gonna say the same thing. the bottom two marks are stretch marks tho. i get those after consistently working out as well.

Yes I did, ok as long as its normal. I was freaked out to see these marks. Thanks for the input.

Originally Posted by i like shoes too

anyone eating steel cut oats? looking to pick some up, but never find them at the grocery store.

any recipes to improve taste?
They're better than other oats imo. More chewy and they're pretty simple to prepare. I used to like them with salt and milk. Otherwise, you can add nut butter or dried fruit to help with the taste.

day 2 of 90 - COMPLETE

today was plyometrics, and since i have been doing VJB for a while (on and off for the past year or so) this day was not as hard as some of my friends said it would be. still worked a major sweat and will probably have some stiffness in the legs tomorrow.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

This format is one that after everyone reads the routines, not one in20 will pick this one, and the truth is, many of the 20 will do betteron this one than any of the others. Why will no one pick it? It’s not“flashy

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

We have plenty of those guys at my gym.  I don't really care if you have to shave real quick, but some guys (and women too, from the locker room stories I hear) act like the gym is their own damn house and they can walk around and do whatever they want.  Some people are just way too comfortable with shared space. 

Anyway, you think that's bad, the other day I was in the office talking to a couple of the managers and a member walks in barefoot (couldn't finished getting dressed) and ran out to say "I think there's a couple of guys having sex in one of the showers" as if we'd be able to run in and stop it.  Both managers looked at eachother like "I don't want to go in there..."

We've had guys hooking up in the steam room and sauna, some guys even put up ads on craigslist like "if you're looking for a good time, I'll be at _______gym tomorrow at 8am in the steam room." and they just go in and camp out waiting for a volunteer. 

Naked.... let's see, some guys use the gym hair-dryer to blow-dry their balls.  I've never felt a need to apply hot air to my balls to do something that a towel is perfectly capable of, but whatever.  We've also had guys shave their body hair, etc... and leave it on the counter and bathroom floor.  One guy was chilling with his leg up on the counter one time and shaving his *** hair and ball hair with an electric shaver in the middle of the locker room.  My eyes have suffered....

Back
Top Bottom