Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

^ papa, means !#$% is working brah.
us mexicans get those.

Lmao.
But seriously if you are hollering in the gym you are not getting your full workout on because you probably taking dumb long rest periods. Hollering at girls at the gym should be the last thing on your mind.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

I hate when people approach me at the gym. One time, I was dumbbell bench pressing and this old, fat guy was talking about how I was making him look bad. Then he started talking about something stupid like the crocodile hunter or something. Boy was I glad that was my last set too.
laugh.gif
word me too...i appreciate the dudes that come by and give me tips, but the dudes that wanna have a conversation get the
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by syxth element

Originally Posted by Kartoon2005

Aight fellas, last night was the first time I ever hit up the gym. I went to sleep sore as hell..... woke up to find these.......

can anyone tell me what those are about? stretch marks?
ohwell.gif
Did you hit the standing calf raise machine, or any other machine where it makes contact with your shoulders? I always get those on standing calf raise machines because I do high rep with a good amount of weight on it.

I was gonna say the same thing. the bottom two marks are stretch marks tho. i get those after consistently working out as well.

Originally Posted by syxth element

Originally Posted by Kartoon2005

Aight fellas, last night was the first time I ever hit up the gym. I went to sleep sore as hell..... woke up to find these.......

can anyone tell me what those are about? stretch marks?
ohwell.gif
Did you hit the standing calf raise machine, or any other machine where it makes contact with your shoulders? I always get those on standing calf raise machines because I do high rep with a good amount of weight on it.
My guess, and this is my final answer, would be you got them from squatting. That is the only exercise where I've gotten marks like that...I think you guys might need to tell your gym to replace the pads on the calf raises if it's doing that to you. 
By the way, I didn't mean to come off in such a rousing piece when I mentioned the girls...I was actually half joking. I personally have never approached a girl in the gym, its because I'm too busy working out. I think on the basketball court is's a bit different though 
grin.gif
 . In the gym, girls will generally have the same inhibitions for approaching as dudes, "oh they're busy right now, etc..." This is especially true for the fit dudes. Girls are just downright intimidated, but best believe if you lookin' like that at a party, panties are comin off. 

Wj4 has a love story regarding the gym though, he got a date or something by running on the treadmills. 
laugh.gif

Does anyone use that product Jack3d? If so, do you guys take it on an empty stomach, or eat and then take it? Thanks in advance for the help.

^ I eat 1 1/2 hours before then take it.

And the approaching wimenz thingy. Meh, trying to get at a girl in my aerobics class, so that's a nice statistic.

Time for new Whey tomorrow..

Thinking of trying Dymatize(sp) or a new flavour of ON - either Vanilla or my fav Choco Mint.

For all you 24 Fitness members,

how much are you paying for your membership?

I looked online and they are charging like $30/month, but my friend tells me I can get a 2 year membership for $300 at Costco.

Know anywhere I can get the best deal?

illest:
I would drop the protein shake and just stick with eggs or wake up to the shake and then wait 30 or so minutes and eat the eggs plus some sort of carbs (oats, wheat bread..)
Also I would add some carbs to your preworkout meal and also gotta sneak in them veggies.

derrty6232: I pay $100 /year for my 24hr. Costco did have that offer but I think they discontinued it. I would go in to talk to them usually around the end of the month since they gotta meet quota, bottom price they can offer is $15 per month I believe so anything around $15-20 is a good deal. That or if you have a buddy that has a membership they can do an add on or offers through him.

I got 20 pounds of All The Whey coming in tomorrow, only took 6 weeks ! but for $80 I cant really complain should last me atleast through summer.

Here's some great routines from IRONADDICTS.COM, this forum is the truth.

Beginner Routines, more will be added, but it is a good place to start for most.

Starting Strength:

The program is as follows:

You alternate Workout A and Workout B every other day, 3 times a week.So you could either do Mon, Wed, Fri or Tues, Thurs. and Sat. Dependingon what works best for you.

Example:

Week 1:

Monday - Workout A
Wednesday -Workout B
Friday - Workout A

Week 2:

Monday - Workout B
Wednesday - Workout A
Friday - Workout B

Etc.

For the actual workouts read below:

Note: This doesn’t include warm-up sets

**Means this is OPTIONAL**

Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift
**2x8 Dips (if you cant do these or no assist machine then do Decline Dumbbell Bench Press with your hands Facing each other)

Workout B
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 Pendlay or Bent Rows (or power cleans)
**2x8 Chin-ups (recommended mainly if doing the cleans)

Here is a routine a LARGE percentage of the lifters (not just beginnerseither, beginners to advanced) here could make great gains doing.

Monday
Squat or box squat 2 x 5
Glute/Ham Raises or pullthroughs 3 x 10
Bent Row or Chest Supported row 4 x 6
Barbell or Dumbbell Curl 3 x 8
Calf Raises 3 x 15

Wednesday
Bench Press or low board press 3 x 5, or 3 x 3
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 4 x 8
Military or Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3 x 8
Skull Crushers 3 x 10
Ab work 3 x 10

Friday
Deadlift or rack deadlift 2 x 5
Leg press 2 x 10
Chin or lat pull-down 4 x 6
Calf Raises 3 x 15

Monday
Incline bench press or Incline Dumbbell Press 3 x 5, or 3 x 3
Dumbbell Bench Press 4 x 8
Tricep pushdowns 3 x 10
Ab work 3 x 10 Monday

Wednesday
Squat or box squat 2 x 5
Glute/Ham Raises or pullthroughs 3 x 10
Bent Row or Chest Supported row 4 x 6
Calf Raises 3 x 15

Friday
Bench Press or low board press 3 x 5, or 3 x 3
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 4 x 8
Skull Crushers 3 x 10
Ab work 3 x 10

Sets are NOT taken to failure, at least 1 rep short, or to the pointRIGHT before form starts to break down. If you do not recover well,reduce 1 set from each of the lifts.

Hardgainer/Low Volume/Frequency Routine

This format is one that after everyone reads the routines, not one in20 will pick this one, and the truth is, many of the 20 will do betteron this one than any of the others. Why will no one pick it? It’s not“flashy

Originally Posted by iLLest

Aright. SO I decided I WILL be starting P90X on Monday. I will miss the gym, but I want to lean out by June so I am going to go for it. I hope it doesen't dissapoint.

BTW..

This is how I've been eating lately.

Breakfast: 4 eggs + Protein Shake (2 sccops whey, banana, peanut butter, ice)

Snack: almonds or a fruti

Lunch: Turkey Sandwich with grapes

Snack: Fruit

Dinner: Chicken or Fish or anything I got that's healthy at the time. lol Usually high in protein.

After workout: Protein Shake.

How is that? Advice please and thank you.

iLLest!
There is NOTHING green in your intake. Get some veggies in there man.

Anybody here that uses P90X live in an apt building?
I tried doing the workouts, but I felt uncomfortable doing the workouts which involved jumping. All I could think about how inconsiderate I was being to the people who live below me.

Anybody else go through something like this?

Yesterday I walk into the gym locker room to put my stuff up, and POW!
An old man is completely naked changing right behind me.
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
x
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

^ I wanted to talk about that but I didn't want to be the one that brought it up.

Ok, are there any unwritten rules when it comes to locker room behavior? I guess some folks don't care but I don't want ANY ounce of my privates/backside showing when I am dressing. To put on/take off my drawls, I keep my towel on and then proceed to do it. Some folks walk around 100% (no I am not LOOKING but you know when someone is 100% naked) and they are just sitting there trying to TALK to me. I just put my back to them, that might not be a good idea now that I think of it. But folks are just so blatant with it.

Yea you can easily say, "Don't worry about anyone else" but the locker room is only but so big. I am just uncomfortable.

Exactly. If you're going to try to talk to me, at least put some clothes on first.
It's like you're trying to show everyone your manhood.
You shouldn't be completely naked for more than a minute or two.
If you are, just use a stall. No one wants to see that.

Working at a fitness club, ive seen/heard way too many things in a locker room that I didnt want to see/hear.

Weird things happen in locker rooms. 

StaXX wrote:
Yesterday I walk into the gym locker room to put my stuff up, and POW!
An old man is completely naked changing right behind me.
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
x
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

one day i was in the locker room on the bench.. i turned around and saw this dude's bare #$% right in front of my face. very disturbing.

i started p90x yesturday, just the workouts, none of their nutrition or supplement guides. will keep everyone posted.

day 1 - COMPLETE. not to shabby, was chest and back and ab ripper x. alot of pull ups, push ups, and a little with free weights and/or bands, which ever you have available. hardest part of this day ws the abs by far.

Lol @ the nude stories.......we have all unfortunately experienced this.....I go 2 the Y, and I jus don't get y these grown men wanna sit around and talk wit no clothes on....like dude, yall can't discuss this FULLY CLOTHED or OUT OF THE LOCKER ROOM....at least put a towel on jeeeez

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Lol @ the nude stories.......we have all unfortunately experienced this.....I go 2 the Y, and I jus don't get y these grown men wanna sit around and talk wit no clothes on....like dude, yall can't discuss this FULLY CLOTHED or OUT OF THE LOCKER ROOM....at least put a towel on jeeeez
No joke, but half the time I don't even see them outside the locker room working out.

Back
Top Bottom