Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by GUTTA SAUCE

i used to take 100 mg of caffienee and smoke a medium size bowl of platinum kush before the gym but it was counter productive... i would litterality feel like a marshmellow and end up sleeping in the corner of the gym

so i just smoke afterwards now.

What in the hell would ever make you think thats a good idea?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

So what yall recommend for Abs?
This is what I did to get abs personally... if you don't like the method below go buy Ab Ripper X. That will definitely give you abs but it's a killer.

15-25 mins 6 days of the week made my abs pop out, toned my arms and legs too over a 2-3 month period. I want to point this out though, everybody has abs under the fat(it's like any other muscle you already have) so the idea would be to get to 8-10% body fat. Lose weight = abs will show. Forget running unless you enjoy it, 15 mins of jumping rope is pretty much the equivalent of running for 30 min.

You get a full body workout

.Yes, the target muscles are legs and glutes, but the abs are involvedto keep the body stable during the jumps, the back is engaged as arethe shoulders, wrists and arms -- both upper and lower arm. With this one simple workout, almost the entire body gets worked.

If you're a newbie to jumprope:

Sizing: Put both feet directly in the middle of the rope and pull the handles upward, they should be just at the armpit and that is how you tell appropriate size.

Breaks: Yes it will be hard for you when you start it's completely normal but you will get good at it once you get your groove. What helped ME was jumping to 50 then a 5-10 sec break, jump to 50, 5-10sec break and so on. When you first start, try the method mentioned above for 10 mins to start then gradually up the time you jump.

Surface/Soreness: Avoid hard surfaces. It's best to do this on a carpet, yoga mat, or some grass. Wear shoes with good support. When you first do this you're calfes will be sore to the point you feel like your legs can't hold you, take 1-3 days to recover or however long it takes for the soreness to go away. You're arches may start to hurt too but the pain is well worth it for the explosive results this produces over time.

Hope I helped.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

I have two quick questions that I've been wondering about.

- How many days a week should I be working out abs (whether at home or gym), and how many different exercises?
I'm on way to a 6-pack (If I work at it hard enough).

- What are good combination's of body parts/muscles I should be working out together?
Seems likes a no-brainer, but I just want to be sure of what is more beneficial to work out together on the same day.

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

So what yall recommend for Abs?
what i do
mon - L-sits, dragon flags
tues - crunches, side twists and oblique work

wed - off 

thur - L-sits, dragon flags

fri - crunches, side twists and oblique work

sat - off

sunday -  vacuums

I have two quick questions that I've been wondering about.

- How many days a week should I be working out abs (whether at home or gym), and how many different exercises?
I'm on way to a 6-pack (If I work at it hard enough).

- What are good combination's of body parts/muscles I should be working out together?
Seems likes a no-brainer, but I just want to be sure of what is more beneficial to work out together on the same day.
2-3 days a week max. for core exercises.  Any more it too much and hindering progress.  Exercises wise anything in the 3-5 range is sufficient.

The most common way to group musclesis back/biceps,legs/shoulders,and chest/triceps.

Could I gain weight with regular whey protein or would I need a mass gainer?
Mass gainers dont do what they say they do.

Eat more carbohydrates and unsaturated fats.  Youll gain weight.

Can someone post up a diet for minimal weight loss? A friend of mine is 190lbs (about 5'7"-5'8") and is looking to weigh 175lbs. I work out with him on a daily basis, so I'm trying to help him out.

Can someone post up a diet for minimal weight loss? A friend of mine is 190lbs (about 5'7"-5'8") and is looking to weigh 175lbs. I work out with him on a daily basis, so I'm trying to help him out.

I wanna know how people get that size. I'm the same height and STRUGGLING to hit 150. Eff my metabolism...

any of ya'll ever take a week off?

i been kinda feeling sluggish lately. i think its time to rest up and give it a week or so

I take a week off every 2 months or so. Or whenever i'm really sick.

Keith i'm in the same boat as you i'm 5'7 and I just got to 155 from 145 last september. I'm gonna get to 160 and just chill out after that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by GUTTA SAUCE

i used to take 100 mg of caffienee and smoke a medium size bowl of platinum kush before the gym but it was counter productive... i would litterality feel like a marshmellow and end up sleeping in the corner of the gym

so i just smoke afterwards now.

What in the hell would ever make you think thats a good idea?
roll.gif
I don't about lifting or anything else, but I used to
pimp.gif
and run 6-7 miles in like 45 minutes at a nonstop pace.  I don't know what it was, but it was like I didn't get tired and felt no burn in my lungs.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Getting sick and tired of getting folks in my life to hop on board with the program.
some people just dont want to workout and get in better shape and healthy.  So let them eat cake

Not that easy to let the people you love practically kill themselves. I hate it. Goes in one ear and out of the other.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Not that easy to let the people you love practically kill themselves. I hate it. Goes in one ear and out of the other.

That's tough man. All you can do is try to get them on board. Haven't really had that problem.
I'm sure someone else on here can help.

Nowadays, I feel queasy whenever I see a Burger King, McDonalds, etc commercials. And I feel real guilty and fat whenever I do have a rare burger fries and soda.

Anyways, I'm seeing nice results. Lost more bodyfat and gained more muscle and lost 5 pound since 3 weeks ago following the plan that I posted a while back. Down to 168.5 lbs

I've lost almost 20 pounds now
pimp.gif
. started at 213..... I'm at 196
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom