Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by DT43

125g of whey is on the high side, but its not that much.

you're supposed to get at least 1g of protein/lb of bodyweight. for a guy like me, that means i need to be getting at least 200g of protein every day. its not easy to get that much protein with just whole foods.

on workout days i'll take 1-2 scoops of whey in the morning (at 25g per scoop) and 2 scoops after my workout. thats an easy 100g right there, and i do the rest with whole foods.

The 1 g / lb of bodyweight is a myth.  Its per kg of body weight and its only in reference to lean body mass.

Its pretty easy to get more than 100g of protein through food every day.

Id recommend just eliminating the morning protein and actually eating something that you have to chew.
laugh.gif
at "it is a myth." no, its common sense. your muscles need as much protein as possible during hypertrophy. next you're gonna tell me that the body can only digest 30g of protein or whatever in one sitting.

i'll stick with the tried and true benchmark that has been used by pros for years. you can go with your broscience.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Imagine maintaining this year round:

091.jpg

http://theleansaloon.com/.../20/photo-update-122009/

Very low body fat. He trains 2-3 times a week at most. Once a week for strength, once with bodyweight stuff, and once with metabolic conditioning. The rest is just Intermittent Fasting + Eating Real Food

in my opinion, he's very average no *(#$

the fitness models on simplyshredded.com are crazy and most of them maintain their body year round...

^While I agree, he's average, he doesn't stress out about having set meals, portions, timings, workouts, etc. Just a regular guy in his 40's that maintains 5-8% body fat year round. He doesn't count calories, watch macronutrient intake, time his meals, avoid eating out, etc. Like Al Audi said on the last page, models have to worry so much about what they do. Portions, timings, multiple workouts per day, etc. are just not sustainable in the long run. I'd take this guy's look for a lifetime over a model/bodybuilder look for a few years.

laugh.gif
at 1 gram protein/lb bodyweight. Proven by who? The same pros who have a whole pharmacy up their bloodstream? The body is amazingly complicated. It's not a machine that just converts protein to muscle mass. Stress, genetics, hormone levels, age, number of calories from fat and carbohydrates, micronutrient intake, etc. all contribute to muscle mass. Protein intake isn't the only factor. Look who's talking bro-science now.
roll.gif

^While I agree, he's average, he doesn't stress out about having set meals, portions, timings, workouts, etc. Just a regular guy in his 40's that maintains 5-8% body fat year round. He doesn't count calories, watch macronutrient intake, time his meals, avoid eating out, etc. Like Al Audi said on the last page, models have to worry so much about what they do. Portions, timings, multiple workouts per day, etc. are just not sustainable in the long run. I'd take this guy's look for a lifetime over a model/bodybuilder look for a few years.

manlet/10 

Originally Posted by Durden7

125g of whey is on the high side, but its not that much.

you're supposed to get at least 1g of protein/lb of bodyweight. for a guy like me, that means i need to be getting at least 200g of protein every day. its not easy to get that much protein with just whole foods.

on workout days i'll take 1-2 scoops of whey in the morning (at 25g per scoop) and 2 scoops after my workout. thats an easy 100g right there, and i do the rest with whole foods.

The 1 g / lb of bodyweight is a myth.  Its per kg of body weight and its only in reference to lean body mass.

Its pretty easy to get more than 100g of protein through food every day.

Id recommend just eliminating the morning protein and actually eating something that you have to chew.
laugh.gif
at "it is a myth." no, its common sense. your muscles need as much protein as possible during hypertrophy. next you're gonna tell me that the body can only digest 30g of protein or whatever in one sitting.

i'll stick with the tried and true benchmark that has been used by pros for years. you can go with your broscience.
This proves you know nothing about science.

Originally Posted by Money Making A

091.jpg

Very low body fat. He trains 2-3 times a week at most. Once a week for strength, once with bodyweight stuff, and once with metabolic conditioning. The rest is just Intermittent Fasting + Eating Real Food

very average? 
roll.gif

I try my best not to enter this thread for a few reasons

1. Half of NT are skinny ectomorphs and think that just because they weigh 130 and got abs means they are doin it

2. The other half of NT are chubby-fat dudes who wear medium shirts. (self explanitory)

3. A lot of you dudes have no clue what the hell you are talking about

I've boxed for about a year and a half. I stopped and got hooked into weight lifting for another year and a half. My body has evolved and devolved and evolved again as a result of horrible diet, and simply not knowing enough about lifting. At this point, while I am "bigger/buffer" (w/e word you want to use to boost my ego) than most my friends. I still have A LOT to learn, and take notes from every dude lifting up at BB.

so when I see this pic of an older dude who is in INCREDIBLE shape, and clearly has a better body than most of his peers, and then to read a NTer of all people say he is "VERY AVERAGE"? I have sit back and laugh.

dudes body is probably smashin yours. And NO I don't want to see a pic of you. And also no omo. 

-The Juice

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

091.jpg

very average? 
roll.gif

1. Half of NT are skinny ectomorphs and think that just because they weigh 130 and got abs means they are doin it

2. The other half of NT are chubby-fat dudes who where medium shirts. (self explanitory)

I've boxed for about a year and a half. I stopped and got hooked into weight lifting for another year and a half. My body has evolved and devolved and evolved again as a result of horrible diet, and simply not knowing enough about lifting. At this point, while I am "bigger/buffer" (w/e word you want to use to boost my ego) than most my friends. I still have A LOT to learn, and take notes from every dude lifting up at BB.

so when I see this pic of an older dude who is in INCREDIBLE shape, and clearly has a better body than most of his peers, and then to read a NTer of all people say he is "VERY AVERAGE"? I have sit back and laugh.

dudes body is probably smashin yours. And NO I don't want to see a pic of you. And also no omo. 

-The Juice
Truth , I read "average" and was thinking, are you serious?

how in the hell do you call that guy's build average?

roll.gif

anyway i gotta say if you're a shorter dude , like below 5'8, you start to look bad when you get too much bulk/mass. keep an eye on that, stay lean and proportional.

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

091.jpg

very average? 
roll.gif

2. The other half of NT are chubby-fat dudes who where medium shirts. (self explanitory)

-The Juice

I was saying in the sense that he's average when he's compared to other bodybuilders, that is why I said if the OP looked at the link in my post that he would see guys with incredible builds. If I was comparing him to a random person on the street then yes he's in great shape....

Also, a lot of the guys on simplyshredded.com are not professional body builders or fitness models, they are regular dudes that post on bodybuilding.com

yea that guy not to mention is in his 40s is well above avg you gotta be kiddin me.

im def tryna do the same myself just maintain 5-8% year round. im done with the bulking phase.

keep a nice lean figure like that just makes you look brolic, yea again he def doesnt look avg.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

anyway i gotta say if you're a shorter dude , like below 5'8, you start to look bad when you get too much bulk/mass. keep an eye on that, stay lean and proportional.

I laugh when I see people who look like tree stumps.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Guy from that meal plan is kinda small though Brett, I def don't agree with 125 grams of whey either. I only use one shake a day on days I workout post.......then hour after that real food.
How 'small' is he?? I am 6'0, 170, ~10%. By following that diet (less whey, same g of protein) do you think it will help me reach 185lbs, ~10% ?? That's over one year time, as well.

That guy is not average for society, but for people who are dedicated to fitness/"body building" I don't think that body is very difficult to achieve.
he has alot of muscle mass, but for 40 years old thats not too far fetched.
he has low body fat but for IF and eating healthy, real foods year round its not too far fetched.

I went camping this weekend and someone was taking photos. I was tagged in a few of us playing frisbee (no shirt due to sun) and as I was clicking through, it then went on to photos from last years camping and I was
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
at how much my body has developed over the past year. One year of my life and I've come this far, I'm excited to see where I am in 6 years.

You wont change over night but looking back.. the hard work pays off. Stay motivated.

johnny-bw-pic1.jpg
3-05-09.jpg

Johnny, once fat, now consistently around 5-6% body fat. Intermittent fasting, a liberating life.
yea lets just agree that this is def above avg and drop it.

id love to be able to pull off 5-8% year round

BTW keep posting the great websites you guys come acorss, this guys blog is very interesting i never heard of this form of diet, will read up.

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

First time visiting this thread. I'm about to start working out again and I'm wondering what's the most powerful fat burner with the least side effects? I hate that jittery crap with tons of caffeine.

I'm the biggest I've ever been in my life at 6'ft3 217lbs. I hovered around 196-200 for about 8-9yrs but started gaining weight outta nowhere after I turned 30 this past Nov, especially in my face. Didn't change my eating habits or anything. What I'm mainly looking for is to tone up with a lil muscle gain. I don't mind being this size but I need this lil stomach pudge and facial weight gain to goooo!

You should look into Lean Xtreme by DS sports. Non stim burners are mostly effect cortisol or thyroid. I would try the Lean Xtreme. If you really want to get after it I would stack it with a stim burner like the EC stack.

laugh.gif
Didn't expect people to be arguing over this. Dude is in incredible shape for his age. But compared to bodybuilders and the like, he's not huge. 5'8 155 lbs isn't very big for most people, but he's well proportioned and knows how to keep a good weight.

I said average in the sense that he wouldn't turn heads at a bodybuilding competition, which is most of what this thread talks about: bodybuilding. Compared to the average couch potato though, he's in amazing shape.

he's in great shape

picture made me think though

smaller waist makes ya look a lot better ( i got a wide torso too)
frown.gif

also since you guys been praising intrabolic so much decided to order a tub since it was on sale

wewt can't wait to try it out

you will be hooked no doubt about it

yeah a small waist definitely brings out the v-taper and such but it's not a necessity to look good

what size waist do you have?

^I just finished my tub of Intrabolic...... You interested in my second one?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

how in the HELL have i never heard of this website simplyshredded.com before an ive come across so many fitness related websites.............this site is too legit. so much info/interviews

damn im gonna be addicted to this website.
pimp.gif

anybody know some sites that have supplements for good prices? gnc was having some good deals the other day but i missed out
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

i just ate a whole bag of these things called pop chips by accident.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH
yeah i hope so. i been wanting to try it out for awhile but you mentioned it a few pages ago so i thought id give it a try now since i got it for a good price

and ive noticed you are picky and analytical about the supps you take so i thought there must be a reason you like it so much

most of the reviews on it are good. excited about the beta alanine.
pimp.gif

waist is 31 at 5'9
ohwell.gif

rck i already ordered a tub but if it works then for sure ill get at you about it if you havent gotten rid of it by then
happy.gif

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

waist is 31 at 5'9
ohwell.gif

rck i already ordered a tub but if it works then for sure ill get at you about it if you havent gotten rid of it by then
happy.gif
What waist size are u tryna get to??? As soon as my knee gets better im gonna kill myself in the pool and on the bike
pimp.gif

I got two other intra-workout supps im gonna try out before I get back to Intrabolic, so Im sure I'll still have it around by the time you're done with yours!

Team AEN? lol I'd love to get paid to pimp their products, by the way. I already do.

Anyway, I feel like progress pics are in order for all of us. It's the middle of summer and I am pretty cut up right now. Just looking at the mirrors in the gym gives me a raging boner (which is hard to hide).

Back
Top Bottom