Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Ever since I seriously started lifting and my body started to beast, I have seen a few of my friends secretly try and bulk up
laugh.gif

Yesterday I found a bottle of Anabolic Pump in my boys room, tucked away. Anyone know what this stuff is, and does it work?

-The Juice

Originally Posted by struckmatch

Is it possible to build a wider back by doing deadlifts and bent over rows, but not pull ups?? I'm trying to workout in my honegym to save some money right now. I don't have a pull up bar and don't think I have a strong enough door frame to support one (6'1" 210 lbs). Thanks for any help

Just get the pull up bar...unless your door frame is falling apart, it will be fine

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

Originally Posted by struckmatch

Is it possible to build a wider back by doing deadlifts and bent over rows, but not pull ups?? I'm trying to workout in my honegym to save some money right now. I don't have a pull up bar and don't think I have a strong enough door frame to support one (6'1" 210 lbs). Thanks for any help

Just get the pull up bar...unless your door frame is falling apart, it will be fine

Thanks. The frame is not falling apart but I feel that if I put my weight and muscle on it that it will break. Like if I do chin ups on the edges of the frame I think it will definitely break. Can u recommend any good bars??

Been working out consistently for about a month now. I started running every other day last week(about 3 miles every other day).
Before focusing on diet and working out consistently...

After about a month

Yo, those door frames can hold significant weight with pull up bars. Go to walmart or whatever and just get the $12 bar that is held up with two small brackets and tension.

Bent over rows will help your upper back grow but nothing like pull ups

Anybody here still do cycles/phases when they lift? I.E. Bulking/cutting. I find it impossible to track progress when I'm trying to slow bulk....

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Anybody here still do cycles/phases when they lift? I.E. Bulking/cutting. I find it impossible to track progress when I'm trying to slow bulk....
i dont do that bulk crap no more

im just gonna be one of those dudes who stay lean all year round

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Yo, those door frames can hold significant weight with pull up bars. Go to walmart or whatever and just get the $12 bar that is held up with two small brackets and tension.

Bent over rows will help your upper back grow but nothing like pull ups

Good looks on the advice. I looked up the iron gym pull up bar so I might pick it up today and try it out

one month lost 10lbs maybe more(still had everything on) could have been more if i could stay away from the bad foods

yea i know 10 pounds isnt much for a month of work but i still feel
pimp.gif
about it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

dont see why people get mad about others juicing. its a personal choice. some people just want to take it to a higher level.

but Brettthejett you dont need to juice to hit 315 on bench man
laugh.gif

One year and I can't even press 185
sick.gif
. I have no ****
thats not that bad dude, everyone starts somewhere.

once you get that youll feel
pimp.gif
, same with 225, 275, and 315
1 yr though b? are you not progressively adding weight? adding 5lbs a workout would've been had you over.  Who am i to talk though, i only bench 135, but it's more than the last session, which was more than the last session...
adding 5lbs a workout would have him pushing 500lbs

i know they say you supposed to up the weight every time but +#*+ doesnt work like that in real life
laugh.gif

You need to have a partner to better facilitate lift gains. Those extra help/half reps at the end when you are trying out a new PR, someone to really push you and someone who you don't want to letdown/have them pass you up... these things can't be imagined or become motivation just in your head, at least for me.
I know some people work better alone but I'm not one of them when it comes to exercise. That's why all of my recent cardio has been spin classes. I'm just super competitive and I enjoy seeing others sit down while I'm still standing up.

Had a oral surgery to remove my wisdom teeth(3, apparently the 4th can't be done?), feelsbadbrah.jpeg

1-2week downtime, might be an infection=2weeks+. No chewing. Just liquids. This can't be life.

I know it isn't healthy to drink protein shakes instead of real protein; so, i'm just going to take ANOTHER break =-/ and haul $!+ september or end of august.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

dont see why people get mad about others juicing. its a personal choice. some people just want to take it to a higher level.

laugh.gif

sick.gif
. I have no ****

pimp.gif
1 yr though b? are you not progressively adding weight? adding 5lbs a workout would've been had you over.  Who am i to talk though, i only bench 135, but it's more than the last session, which was more than the last session...

i know they say you supposed to up the weight every time but +#*+ doesnt work like that in real life
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Yeah of course you can't, but doesn't even look like son is increasing anything, he been talking about the same numbers since the last thread.  I'm new to taking this joint seriously, but son won't grow like he wants to if he just stays stagnant.  The way Brett's in here, i thought he'd be jacked, but naw, he's kinda small.

laugh.gif
Yeahof course you can't, but doesn't even look like son is increasinganything, he been talking about the same numbers since the lastthread.  I'm new to taking this joint seriously, but son won't growlike he wants to if he just stays stagnant.  The way Brett's in here, ithought he'd be jacked, but naw, he's kinda small.
laugh.gif
word.
Hard gainer and destined to stay lanky forever.
However, like limp2long said, I'd rather stay lean and cut year round... I know if I added that additional 1000 cals a day it would make a world of difference.

As far as my progress goes.. this is my 9th month of being serious.
Weight: from 155 to 170 (6'0)
5RM Deadlift: from 135 to 315
5RM Squat: from 95 to 205
5RM Bench: from 95 to 180ish

No doubt I'm still small as hell and lifting like a female but a slow progress is still a progress. As far as knowledge/interest/free time to post in this thread goes.. I dont know if there is a correlation between knowing whats up and being jacked
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Smedroc

laugh.gif

sick.gif
. I have no ****

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Yeah of course you can't, but doesn't even look like son is increasing anything, he been talking about the same numbers since the last thread.  I'm new to taking this joint seriously, but son won't grow like he wants to if he just stays stagnant.  The way Brett's in here, i thought he'd be jacked, but naw, he's kinda small.
Dude, aint no one adding 5 Ibs to their bench each week unless they are a beginner. Eventually you get to the point where adding 5 pounds to your bench in 2 months is a great feeling. You say you're benching 135 pounds now...eventually you'll get to the point where your bench wont improve for over a month and you're going to be frustrated. It happens to everyone.

I'm not an expert but I found that maxing out when I was stuck at a weight helped me a lot. My bench press was stuck at the same weight for 2 months but I would try 1-2 reps of really heavy weight until I was able to get to my goal.

Originally Posted by DeuCes213

Been working out consistently for about a month now. I started running every other day last week(about 3 miles every other day).
Before focusing on diet and working out consistently...

After about a month

Great work dude. I think people forget the benefits of cardio for weightloss. I just started back and lost 6lbs in a week. Pants are fitting slimmer as well. I am a big guy though so we will see how this will work. I plan to improve my cardio first and then move into circuits.

Does switching up the bench press variations help increase your overall weight? I've been doing DB flat bench for quite a while and I've seen some gains but I'm still not where I want to be... I can probably 1-2 rep 135
embarassed.gif
but that's on a good day. I'm looking to up it for athletic performance though so don't suggest steroids or any kind of supplement, just maybe a workout change.

Fair enough my dude. I was just thinking damn, you been groaning about this for a good minute.

yea I definitely thought he was bigger than that. This thread seems to have been the first real impetus to lift weights in his life (just judging from your starting points that you hadn't really lifted before). That's pretty cool.

I'm always caught up in how I should train..
"Work your muscles not the weight" has been an idea that stuck with me... never get a chance to get the numbers up when perfect form is in order.

I'm always caught up in how I should train..
"Work your muscles not the weight" has been an idea that stuck with me... never get a chance to get the numbers up when perfect form is in order.

yep, dont let your ego get to you!

on another note, anyone download the miCoach app on the blackberry? im going to try it out starting monday
laugh.gif

was on vacation and havent worked out in 2 months, i cant wait to get back on my grind

I do all kind of different bench variations. some of these might be some good ones to try for you guys:

1) 4 Sets 8-10 Bench Press: 1 Minute Rest

2) 5 Sets 5 Bench Press: 2 minute Rest

3) 3 Sets 8-12 Bench Press: 90 Second Rest

4) Chest Superset:
Incline Bench Press 3 Sets 9-10 w/ Incline Dumbbell Fly 3 Sets 12-15
or/both
Bench Press 3 Sets 9-10 w/ Feet Elevated Pushups 3/Failure

5) Chest Circuit ( Do it in a circuit format/ rest 2 minutes:
-Incline Bench Press 3 sets 8-10 Reps
-Incline dumbbell Press 3 Sets 8-10 Reps
-Jump Rope 2 Minutes

6) Chest Circuit
Bench Press 3 Sets 8-10 Reps
Incline Dumbbell Fly 3 Sets 8-10 Reps
treadmill Run 2 Minutes 90% MHR
Pushups/Failure
Rest 2 Minutes then hit it again.

I just like to mix things up and try new things. Some of these you guys might like. I got more but give those a try if your looking for a change. I dont do all this everyday lol. These are different workouts and I do it for all different muscle groups to confuse my body.

Back
Top Bottom