Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Da.mn, took a good look in the mirror today and realize I've been slipping hard. I havent been really motivated for about 2 months now and have been sloppy with my diet the past 2 weeks...gonna start cleaning things up tomorrow diet wise and doing cardio. I think I've gained like 5 pounds of fat over the past 2 months...I hate how you take things lightly for a bit and it takes you several weeks/months to realize you've fallen off. I'll probably do early morning cardio combined with intermittent fasting...I dont mind doing cardio but the two things I hate about cutting fat is that I need like 3 cups of coffee to survive the morning and then late at night I get cravings for snacks. First 2-3 days are usually the hardest for me but then it's smooth sailing...

Raisins as a source of carbohydrates.... is this good/bad? they are very high in carbs and I'm trying to increase my daily carbs.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

My only problem is deciding how to go about obtaining my goals. Dedication and consistency are down pat.. but the details are so fuzzy

I'm 170lbs and 10%BF
I want to be 190lbs and 7%BF.... over the next four years. More immediately I'd like to be 180lbs and 7%, so I want to make sure I'm eating the right stuff to help this..
dude please try to eat more..you basically have no muscle mass..I'm basically the same weight sitting at 8-10BF but you look like Michael Cera in comparison..just saying no hate
...I'm pretty sure I remember you posting a pic, and you didn't look any bigger than brett.
grin.gif

rite... me last year early... will post update pics soon improvement is crazy striated tri's..etc
at least get a real physique before you trash his. no need for that in here. 

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Raisins as a source of carbohydrates.... is this good/bad? they are very high in carbs and I'm trying to increase my daily carbs.
Fresh fruit is better imo. Stop overthinking this
laugh.gif
Just eat more. Some days you'll want more carbs, others you'll want more fat, etc. Just eat what you like (within reason) and you shouldn't run into problems. Carbs: fruits, vegetables, grains/legumes if you want, dairy if you're alright with it

brett ive been reading this thread for the last month or so and your overthinking everything. no disrespect. just focus on your goals and when your body is hungry, EAT! try to do your best to eat healthy and eat the right things. shoving protein drinks down your throat is not food. EAT REAL LIVE FOOD!

Originally Posted by Refuse2Lose24

brett ive been reading this thread for the last month or so and your overthinking everything. no disrespect. just focus on your goals and when your body is hungry, EAT! try to do your best to eat healthy and eat the right things. shoving protein drinks down your throat is not food. EAT REAL LIVE FOOD!
Yo I hear that first part, but I definitely eat whole, real foods. max 1 scoop of whey in a dayyyy
anyways, anyone have new 5RM or otherwise to boast?

Brett keep doing what your doing, lol, don't listen to them. I've seen your progress and your doing great man.

Anyways, just had my leg day, and you ever try and walk after a good leg day? I felt like a damn turkey, my legs were so wobbly, it looked like i was walking with so much swag but really just wobbly legs. Smh, fly bishes were there too and saw me walk like that... there's never fly bishes at my gym on a monday. Lil rant, haha.

meh thats what im saying

2nd or 3rd time he went at brett like that. im not big by any means... but you dont
see me belittling someone else's accomplishments and progress

thread is for improvement, dont make others feel bad.

lol all good though brett you're def gaining thats all that matters

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Da.mn, took a good look in the mirror today and realize I've been slipping hard. I havent been really motivated for about 2 months now and have been sloppy with my diet the past 2 weeks...gonna start cleaning things up tomorrow diet wise and doing cardio. I think I've gained like 5 pounds of fat over the past 2 months...I hate how you take things lightly for a bit and it takes you several weeks/months to realize you've fallen off. I'll probably do early morning cardio combined with intermittent fasting...I dont mind doing cardio but the two things I hate about cutting fat is that I need like 3 cups of coffee to survive the morning and then late at night I get cravings for snacks. First 2-3 days are usually the hardest for me but then it's smooth sailing...

Mate when Fifa '11 drops, you're going to be eating snacks in between games
roll.gif

The worst is when you cant even walk out of the gym because your legs are so exhausted
roll.gif

I haven't done deadlifts in over 7 weeks until today. Still able to get 315 up 4 times. Felt great and I forgot the importance of them. Did a few deadlifts and a few pullups.. finished with a couple 1arm DB row and BB shrugs, and my entire upper body was SWOLED.

Compounds > **

The worst is when you cant even walk out of the gym because your legs are so exhausted
roll.gif

I haven't done deadlifts in over 7 weeks until today. Still able to get 315 up 4 times. Felt great and I forgot the importance of them. Did a few deadlifts and a few pullups.. finished with a couple 1arm DB row and BB shrugs, and my entire upper body was SWOLED.

Compounds > **

If you're trying to lose some fat, should you eat protein after a workout? That's what I've been doing, but I haven't been losing as much weight as I'd hoped.

Also how do you get abs to show? I know the adage about cutting down fat and ab workouts, but they're invisible and even when I flex you can only kinda see the outline... I'm looking for a way to get them to show without bodybuilding - I want visible abs but for athletic purposes as well.

Originally Posted by I3

roll.gif
Nah man, I woke up feeling real motivated today...I've been messing around for too long now. I'm gonna start off slow but then ramp up the intensity in the coming weeks.

I havent played FIFA or any video games for like 4-months now...I played the FIFA 11 demo a couple of times and I'm not impressed at all...I might not even cop it.

Originally Posted by wanksta23

brett i like your arms..keep it up!
He likes your arms, and that's what she said.

So the decline bench at my gym is busted (somebody took the padding, leaving the frame only). I've been doing decline DB, but it's hard as HELL to get situated with the weights. Since it's a bit of a new exercise for me (with DB), I've started with 60s and I look like a clown trying to sit up and get the weights rested on me so I can go down. Does anyone know what I mean?

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

Originally Posted by wanksta23

brett i like your arms..keep it up!
He likes your arms, and that's what she said.

So the decline bench at my gym is busted (somebody took the padding, leaving the frame only). I've been doing decline DB, but it's hard as HELL to get situated with the weights. Since it's a bit of a new exercise for me (with DB), I've started with 60s and I look like a clown trying to sit up and get the weights rested on me so I can go down. Does anyone know what I mean?
Yeah, it's too annoying to use DBs on the decline (I prefer to use DBs on all exercises) so I use the barbell for decline and go with DBs on the incline. It's too much of a pain to get the weights up, so the bar makes it easier especially when you're working with no spotter (although that does get annoying also). I guess you could just have someone hand you the dumbbells while you're sitting up then go down.

Originally Posted by I3

roll.gif
Nah man, I woke up feeling real motivated today...I've been messing around for too long now. I'm gonna start off slow but then ramp up the intensity in the coming weeks.

I havent played FIFA or any video games for like 4-months now...I played the FIFA 11 demo a couple of times and I'm not impressed at all...I might not even cop it.
ive been playing it so much for ps3....im feinding for the full game, pre-ordered it already. and i dont even play video games all that much.

just hit legs for the first time in a while
glasses.gif
pimp.gif

im limiting my drinking to 2 nights a week, non-marijuana drug use to around that, eating all healthy food, i gotta get fully comitted to this stuff again so thats a step in the right direction

Back
Top Bottom