Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Al Audi

joe i dont even take a multi V anymore or whey protein

bcaas, fish oil, vitargo are my staples.

natty test boosters are all garbage i agree.....ive wasted money on bio forge etc
zma is a waste

i picked up gaspari plasmajet today...........so ill start that on monday.
I've sample so many different supps its ridiculous. I found a few that I really liked though.

Multi, Fish Oil, Modern BCAA's, AAKG, Whey, and Jack3d have always come thru so that's what I stick with at all times. (except when I cycle)

I wish you would have asked before you purchased the Plasma Jet because I thought that was the absolute biggest waste of money in the world. Take an AAKG powder or something and you get the same effect for way way less money. Could have just been me though.

Also, with my Vitamin Shoppe rewards gift cert. I got some Pink Magic...only been on it for a few days so nothing to report. However the loads are
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I feel horrible for my girl. Uses a whole box of Kleenex for cleanup
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Is taking BCAA regularly something that I would NOTICE taking effect?
I was doing the scivation bcaa for a while... not sure what it was doing.
I can tell a huge difference in overall energy levels and body exhaustion with bcaa products

I tried the Scivation Xtend but it made me sick because I had TOO much energy. I stick with USP Labs Modern BCAA

natty test boosters are all garbage i agree.....ive wasted money on bio forge etc
zma is a waste

bro i usually see throught the hype but bioforge sounded so good so i picked up 2 bottles when it was pretty new.
after the initial placebo effect wore off i realized it was absolutely worthless. 
tired.gif

no whey or multi though? i like whey due to convenience but if you get enough protein from food there's no need. multi.......dunno if its worth it or not, makes me feel good taking it though so i always do.

eLNiNo4530 wrote:

Also, with my Vitamin Shoppe rewards gift cert. I got some Pink Magic...only been on it for a few days so nothing to report. However the loads are 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif

my buddy taking that stuff told me the exact same thing 
laugh.gif

today was leg day, squats leg press calf raises then instead of lunges i did curls. come at me bro

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

zma is a waste

I've sample so many different supps its ridiculous. I found a few that I really liked though.

Multi, Fish Oil, Modern BCAA's, AAKG, Whey, and Jack3d have always come thru so that's what I stick with at all times. (except when I cycle)

I wish you would have asked before you purchased the Plasma Jet because I thought that was the absolute biggest waste of money in the world. Take an AAKG powder or something and you get the same effect for way way less money. Could have just been me though.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
aw that sucks

but yea diff supps work diff for diff ppl.........trust ive used a lot of (#&$# myself man

example........i think jack3d sucks......

yea joe..........i havnt used whey in months...........i use humapro

After this past semester of not going to the gym i've lost considerable size... altho im still pretty cut. Im only 130 5'7 tho by not going to the gym ive lost about 10 lbs 
sick.gif

only a week back into it and ive picked up about 2lbs tho. progress pics up in like 3 weeks. no mo.

whats with all the hype about this stuff? ive been seeing more and more people step away from whey and use humpro
care to give the differences between the both?

plasmajet!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

in bedroom
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

natty test booster works great for me, im a lil older than u guys tho
help me strength and lean wise

still wanting to do the humapro i just wish it is available in bulk tubs lol

I've yakked after a work out once before, about 1.5 years ago (bad gatorade, I believe). In the shower, no less. I told that story already, though.

Originally Posted by wanksta23

whats with all the hype about this stuff? ive been seeing more and more people step away from whey and use humpro
Basically it replicates human protein, such as the incredible amount of muscle gained by individuals in survival situations resorting to cannibalism. 
nahhhhhh

do you guys know a true mesomorph?

i think one of my friends is

he is ripped no body fat at all and visible 6 pack.......does not lift weights...plays bball occassionally

and dude eats fastfood everyday.......im jelly

yeah i know a bunch

they are all naturally huge and they work out on top of that

they have the builds of pro rugby players, or close to it. not shredded with ridiculously low bf% since they dont count calories or aim for that but they are jacked. i look pretty skinny next to them.

Here are some progress pics of me from October 2009 til now (I know how NT hates pics so I put it in spoiler):

BEFORE (OCTOBER 2009)

Spoiler [+]
5332557348_51473b7083_z.jpg

AFTER (JANUARY 2011)

Spoiler [+]
5332557442_f755a9b580_b.jpg

5332557424_04a9d84477_b.jpg

5331943987_41c9e9e719_b.jpg

5331943965_b823a05893_b.jpg

5331943935_ab7b141d12_b.jpg

I started out like I said, back in October 2009. I was at my lowest point in my life during that time. I was very overweight, had no self confidence, and was actually depressed. I finally took a look at myself in the mirror after showering one day and was really disgusted on how fat I had become (I've always been a chubby dude but I was pushing 200 pounds.) and practically begged my parents to sign up for memberships at the YMCA. Needless to say, for the next 5-6 months, I was on and off in working out and was slacking. It wasn't until the Summer of 2010 that I finally focused and pieced myself together a diet and workout plan (For all my beginners: If you need help in trying to find a good diet and workout plan, I suggest researching online as I did on Bodybuilding.com and Simplyshredded.com). So far, I've lost around 50 pounds since I first started and I've gradually built up muscle and strength. I can honestly say working out has given me a new lease on life. I have more confidence, better health and I've gotten play from the womensz for the first time in a while.

Here's my Diet:

Spoiler [+]
Breakfast
- 2 slices of Whole Wheat Bread
- 2 TBSPs of Jif Peanut Butter
- 1 Banana
- 2 Sunny Side Up Eggs
- 3 pieces of Turkey Bacon

Snack (Pre-Workout)
- Protein Shake

Snack (Post-Workout)
- Protein Shake
- 1 slice of Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 TBSPs of Jif Peanut Butter

Lunch
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1 cup of Frozen Veggies
- 1/2 cup of Brown Rice (Optional)

Snack (Optional)
- 1 Cup of Greek Yogurt

Dinner
- 1 Chicken Breast OR 6 oz. of Chicken Breast Strips
- 1 cup of Frozen Veggies

Here's my Workout Plan:

Spoiler [+]
Day 1 - Chest
- Barbell Bench Press
- Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
- Seated Flys
- Cable Flys
- Assisted Chin-Ups & Dips

Day 2 - Shoulder & Back
- Arnold Press
- Seated Dumbbell Military Press
- Lateral Raises (Side & Front)
- Seated Cable Rows
- One Arm Dumbbell Row
- Chinups/Pullups
- Lat Pulldowns

Day 3 - Bicep & Tricep
- Bicep Curls
- Preacher Curls
- Concentration Curls
- Lying Skullcrushers
- Tricep Pulldowns
- Dips

Day 4 - Legs
- Squats
- Dumbbell Lunges
- Leg Presses
- Leg Extensions
- Calf Raises

I try to do 20 minutes of HIIT and various Ab Workouts after every workout.

Here's my supplementation:

Spoiler [+]
- ON Whey Protein
- NO-XPLODE (I swear by this product, I've added so many pounds on all my lifts and I've been real focused and have so much energy when I work out)
- Generic Multi-Vitamin

I try to keep it basic since I hear supplements can cause major damage to your body.

Honestly, I want to thank NT and the Stay/Get Back In Shape thread for motivating me and educating me on getting my life together.

pimp.gif

^There are better/cheaper pre-workouts than No-explode
wink.gif

But nice work bro. Keep it up!
pimp.gif

tried out jack3d today for the first time, this stuff worked great for me, i did twice the amount of work that i normal do and i still have energy 
pimp.gif
as someone else in here said, i just wanna stick my **** in the world right now 

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Basically it replicates human protein, such as the incredible amount of muscle gained by individuals in survival situations resorting to cannibalism. 
nahhhhhh

you never tried it though.....

i dont even trust protein powders........

even hydrowhey from a respected company like ON.........you dunno how much is really hydrolyzed

Lets put it this way. Its the supplement companies tht make the price not the true whey market. Dry whey as of december 27, is at 37.9 cents per pound. so if it doubles or triples could be up to 1.20 per pound of dry whey.

So yes of course there is all the processing and flavoring and what not, that goes into our shakes, but that isnt the price thats going up in demand. Just the demand in dry whey.

In 4/9/2007 the price of dry whey was 75 cents per pound
4/8/2008 was 25 cents per pound
3/27/2009 ws 15.25 cents per pound
12/27/2010 37.9 cents per pound

So I would say it's up to the supplement companies to keep that price under control. We arent demanding it anymore from them than we were the day before. We already pay(or at least I do) 40.00 for 5lbs of O.N. whey 100%
Make sense? I definitely get better results from food when it comes to protein its just the convenience of a shake that I buy it.Im not picking on optimum buy any means because i think its definitely a reasonable priced company that does produce a quality product, which is my standard for fish oils, whey, and n.o.pills, but here is a nice article on profit for a supplement company. So they definitely have plenty of profit coming in (as of this article a few years ago, just did a quick search)

Optimum is privately owned and has three operating facilities located in Illinois, South Carolina and Florida employing 387 people. It has a 22 year track record in the manufacture and supply of a range of whey based, premium nutritional supplements to the US and global sports nutrition markets. In 2007, Optimum generated US$185 million (€125 million) revenue and US$32 million (€22 million) operating profit. At year-end December 2007, the company had gross assets of US$51 million (€35 million).

32 million profit for a 387 person business......not too bad... just to show that all of our supplements cost us way more than they should

just saw my mail for today.............i got my vitamin shoppe points in

25 bucks off

1st day back in the gym today and MANNN did it kick my behind! I just did some all around body work to get the feel of it again but I can tell I'll be a lil sore tomorrow. Got a lil winded and dizzy so I think I need a good pre workout snack to give me some extra energy. Probably grab some protein bars.

Ordered some Oxy Elite Pro from Amazon today too and it already shipped out. I know the first week or two's gonna be tough but I'm actually looking forward to the challenge. 
happy.gif

On another note, I read today on Yahoo that you should actually eat a nice, fatty, hearty breakfast to start the day instead of things like oatmeal, fruit, skim milk, etc. They said it gives your metabolism a jumpstart and keeps it going throughout the day.

^I swear I read something different everyday about diet and nutrition
laugh.gif

hey guys,

I just started going to the gym this week. I have been walking 30 minutes each day, trying to eat healthier and drink more water. Just doing those things should make a pretty big difference right?

Back
Top Bottom