Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by x1xJIGSAWx1x

Im right with you dgk. I am 143 and i want to get up to 160. I have been going to gym a lot past two months but basically same weight. i need some tips. I dont use any type of supplements and i would prefer not to. I do however drink Whey after every workout. I want to focus on upper body right now i know when i work on my legs i can gain weight faster there..

Usually what i do
tuesday and sunday: back and bicep
Rows, lat pull down, dumbell rows.
seated dumbell curls, barbell curls, bicep machine

Thursday and saturday : chest and tricep
Bench, dumbell incline press, flys, free motion chest
tricep pull down, tricep machine.

Any tips on different exercises or how many reps/weight i should be using??
thanks
high weight, low reps, max out frequently, push yourself to add new weights, and eat a lot
pimp.gif

don't waste your time on arm exercises or even isolation exercises for weight gain. focus on compound lifts. pullups, deadlifts, squats, bench press, dips, rows, and military press. they are the most economical for gaining mass. 

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Every time I deadlift, my legs end up shaking like a @*@#%$$!#+%#. Like one time it shook so much I almost rolled my ankle
laugh.gif
I'm not even lifting heavy and even lowered the weight. Any way to stop this?

are your knees kinda buckling inwards? 

Nah not at all. But my legs are weird though. They're kinda pointed slightly outwards at the knee (like <   > if I'm facing you). I don't know if that could have something to do with it.

Sounds like it has something to do with your CNS. It tends to happen on max pulls but if yours shake during regular deads then I'd look into form and improving your muscle memory for deads (basically doing speed work).

You guys know any websites/stores where I can get pretty good prices on a box jump and light weight dumbells??

Originally Posted by dgk3188

this is what im working with right now.

i swear i'm not that bird-chested. the tattoo gives that illusion.

being a frail dude is hard.
frown.gif
ectomorphs ftl

this is after going from 144 to around 160... still a lil ninja. lol

pardon my ignorance, but what does 'bird-chested' mean?

-J23C

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Im right with you dgk. I am 143 and i want to get up to 160. I have been going to gym a lot past two months but basically same weight. i need some tips. I dont use any type of supplements and i would prefer not to. I do however drink Whey after every workout. I want to focus on upper body right now i know when i work on my legs i can gain weight faster there..

Usually what i do

thanks
high weight, low reps, max out frequently, push yourself to add new weights, and eat a lot
pimp.gif

don't waste your time on arm exercises or even isolation exercises for weight gain. focus on compound lifts. pullups, deadlifts, squats, bench press, dips, rows, and military press. they are the most economical for gaining mass. 
Thank you. the high weight and low rep is what i had been doing but wasnt seeing much results..obviously the weight but not being able to increase over time too much...So i switched it up for a while but i will go back to that and give it some more time.

Reading a few pages back about the shredded thing that dudes always obsess about.
Believe me when I tell you that (most) chicks dig:

kevin+ree5.jpg
  >

Just like we like a little meat on out women (it's a subconscious sign of health), they like the same on men. Never really saw the need to go low on the bf unless you need to make a certain weight to compete.

ive been stuck at 240 for a while, is it time to change up my diet? do more cardio? both? ahhh...been cheating here and there tho, with the holidays and all

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Reading a few pages back about the shredded thing that dudes always obsess about.

kevin+ree5.jpg
  >

Just like we like a little meat on out women (it's a subconscious sign of health), they like the same on men. Never really saw the need to go low on the bf unless you need to make a certain weight to compete.

i somewhat agree....somewhat.

but chicks will go nutso over a nice set of abs. No doubt about it.

Originally Posted by Club29

kevin+ree5.jpg
  >

I'd say a "hard" (non flabby) stomach. Not necessarily abs. Having a 4 pack or a 6 pack or whatever  produces decreasing marginal rates of return.
laugh.gif

Usually what i do

thanks
pimp.gif

Thank you. the high weight and low rep is what i had been doing but wasnt seeing much results..obviously the weight but not being able to increase over time too much...So i switched it up for a while but i will go back to that and give it some more time.
i think you should really incorporate legs into your workouts too bro.

at least throw in squats and romanian deadlifts...heck, any type of deadlift in there.

Originally Posted by Club29

kevin+ree5.jpg
  >

I'd say a "hard" (non flabby) stomach. Not necessarily abs. Having a 4 pack or a 6 pack or whatever  produces decreasing marginal rates of return.
laugh.gif
lol.

i dunno though man. i think girls are just like dudes. some guys like 'em thick. some guys like skinny chicks.

i know some chicks that just like dudes to be slim and cut. (ie. a "soccer" player body)

on the other hand, some chicks like gorillas.

abs put it in the bag though. that and some well sculpted arms and it's a wrap. i get a lot of compliments on my back too. the ladies love the lats and traps

Usually what i do

thanks
pimp.gif

i think you should really incorporate legs into your workouts too bro.

at least throw in squats and romanian deadlifts...heck, any type of deadlift in there.

Yeah i know, on the days i dont finish up with abs ill do some leg work outs but never squats. I used to do dead lifts but it was a pain making room with that barbell in the gym when its packed
laugh.gif

But I will start doing squats twice a week from now on.

Thats the dude from True Life right? Used to be America's Strongest Teen and competes in the Worlds now? Dude is ridiculous. He's pretty tall too. Very bad picture to put up because that is not a realistically attainable body. People try to go for that but end looking like your run-of-the-mill meatheads. No bueno. 

Im right with you dgk. I am 143 and i want to get up to 160. I have been going to gym a lot past two months but basically same weight.

Yeah i know, on the days i dont finish up with abs ill do some leg work outs but never squats. I used to do dead lifts but it was a pain making room with that barbell in the gym when its packed
laugh.gif

If you don't do squats and deadlifts you won't gain muscle.
Plain and simple.

Put it this way... those two exercises are typically the heaviest weight you will move. The higher the weight, the more GLUT-4 output and testosterone. 

I'm not about the science... but I know that lifting HEAVY weights i.e. squatting and deadlifting that require maximal output will help your entire body grow. Big arms come from heavy squats, yea I said it

kevin+ree5.jpg
  >

That is unattainable for 95% of humans, and the females (that I'm into at least) are all dating the heroine addict looking rock star kinds.
Actually... since the rise and fall of jersey shore type quido behavior, if you even LOOK like you used steroids to the general population, it's unattractive to females... from my experience.

kevin+ree5.jpg
  >

no way man. i see what you're saying, but that is way too exaggerated. most women would probably prefer a skinny but in shape zac efron type build to a monster like that. sure they aren't going 
pimp.gif
 over 5% bf but that's a little much imo.

also brett its funny you mention steroids, i have asked girls about that when they have dated guys who have used/are on them and its weird how little they cared......most either shrugged and basically said whatever they didnt care and a couple were like "as long as he looks like that i dont care what hes taking." i dont think girls know a thing about them, just that they get you big, and if they like big dudes they couldnt care less.

kevin+ree5.jpg
  >

no way man. i see what you're saying, but that is way too exaggerated. most women would probably prefer a skinny but in shape zac efron type build to a monster like that. sure they aren't going 
pimp.gif

also brett its funny you mention steroids, i have asked girls about that when they have dated guys who have used/are on them and its weird how little they cared......most either shrugged and basically said whatever they didnt care and a couple were like "as long as he looks like that i dont care what hes taking." i dont think girls know a thing about them, just that they get you big, and if they like big dudes they couldnt care less.
I see where you're coming from but now it's a debate on the integrity of females were looking into.
Sounds like:

2009-12-14-Snooki-SnookiPickle.jpg

pretty much

chicks will have no idea if a dude is juicing.

oh, and zyzz and his little aussie crew isn't as aesthetic when compared to other ppl (check spoiler)

Spoiler [+]
aussie crew

7717_137542349778_632564778_2684533_1382670_n.jpg

asian crew

asdpy.jpg

urban crew

city%2Bgym%2Bboys%2B2.jpg

guido crew

l_1b8d3aabcc094facb4973e8e13077350.jpg

kiwi crew
roll.gif
roll.gif

99427176.jpg

Im right with you dgk. I am 143 and i want to get up to 160. I have been going to gym a lot past two months but basically same weight.

laugh.gif

If you don't eat a caloric surplus you won't gain muscle.
Plain and simple.
fixed

Plain and simple.
Put it this way... those two exercises are typically the heaviest weight you will move. The higher the weight, the more GLUT-4 output and testosterone. 

I'm not about the science... but I know that lifting HEAVY weights i.e. squatting and deadlifting that require maximal output will help your entire body grow. Big arms come from heavy squats, yea I said it
When did you learn about Glut4? 
laugh.gif

kevin+ree5.jpg
  >

pimp.gif

I see where you're coming from but now it's a debate on the integrity of females were looking into.
Sounds like:

2009-12-14-Snooki-SnookiPickle.jpg

see that's the thing they're the furthest thing from snookies.....i don't associate with females like that. they're all well-educated (some ivy league) and well-off. they're not looking for a "gorilla juicehead"  
laugh.gif
 but they like guys who are or at least look like college athletes. 

Back
Top Bottom